KS16S callibration?

LanghamP

How do I get into callibration mood whereby I hear the five beeps? The manual says hold power button yet that seems to do nothing when the wheel is either on or off.

Interestingly enough, my KS16S came from the factory fully charged and perfectly callibrated. About a month in the pedals have noticeably drooped forward which seems to be true with all my other three wheels; given time and use they all gradually droop forward and require periodic recallibration.

8 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

How do I get into callibration mood whereby I hear the five beeps? The manual says hold power button yet that seems to do nothing when the wheel is either on or off.

Interestingly enough, my KS16S came from the factory fully charged and perfectly callibrated. About a month in the pedals have noticeably drooped forward which seems to be true with all my other three wheels; given time and use they all gradually droop forward and require periodic recallibration.

You have to use the app?

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

You have to use the app?

I hit the level button in the application; it flashes green. I then hold the wheel's power button down for over ten seconds. Nothing. I try the same thing with the wheel off. Again, nothing. I've hit the button with the wheel on and cycled the power on the wheel. Still no five beeps.

Ok, i know it like this:

connect to app like always. wheel power on!

then hit the button in the app...after succesfull appbutton command your wheel should loose its power and go off!

Then power on the wheel while holding the wheel power button...until receiving long beep....let loose of wheel power button.

Then power wheel on again...ready.

To my surprise hitting the level button instantly killed the wheel, and recycling the power gave me the five beeps.

I swear I hit the level button so many times with no effect, with the wheel and application connected.

19 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

To my surprise hitting the level button instantly killed the wheel, and recycling the power gave me the five beeps.

I swear I hit the level button so many times with no effect, with the wheel and application connected.

most important:

it has worked now:-)

22 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

most important:

it has worked now:-)

I must be very tolerant. My bubble leveler showed my wheel as being slammed worse than a Honda Civic in S. California. Better now.

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

About a month in the pedals have noticeably drooped forward which seems to be true with all my other three wheels; given time and use they all gradually droop forward and require periodic recallibration.

I've noticed that on my Ninebot, and when I do the app calibration, even though the app says it is level it is not.  So for the last month I've been riding it with the back facing forwards and it is gradually sinking down to near level.  I know the ninebot has a manual calibration, but it doesn't always get the pedals the way I like them ( a little higher in front).  It sounds like Kingsong does a better job of level calibration.  Glad you got yours calibrated again.

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Maybe the lean angle was too far off when calibration was started (app button pressed), and the wheel refused to even enter calibration mode in the first place. I always place the wheel upright first before starting calibration and never had any problems.

Archived