Summertime in the LBC

YoshiSkySun

20 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

In honor of @YoshiSkySun @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer And I took our memorial Yoshi Tribute ride yesterday, retracing our last ride with him on his beloved Gotway along the LA river to where we dropped him off as he rode into the sunset to the Valley via Victory blvd. We even stopped at the Bike Cafe for refreshments. No pictures were taken, but lots of sights were seen. 

We both wished Yoshi a speedy recovery, and a quick return to the streets. You may want to refer to that pic for ideas on what protection equipment you may need in the future. Im sure one of the more talented pic editors on this site can highlight the areas.:rolleyes:

I enjoy your company and want more of it, Im sure others do too.?

Just don't follow @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer's example since he doesn't believe in safety gear for himself :D

As of today, I'm able to stand and apply pressure to my right foot, as for my left foot, that's a different story. According to the doctor, it'll be a while before I can get back on the uni...2-3 months, which is a bummer because I just met yall and I like y'all now I have to wait til we meet again. 

My wheel is completely gone...but did you guys see the new Ninebot? I'm thinking that may just be my next new wheel...but, I must confess, there's nothing like riding a Gotway. The speed and power is unparallel to anything else on the market.

Well, friends...it's been real, until we meet again, be safe.:clap3:

3 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

As of today, I'm able to stand and apply pressure to my right foot, as for my left foot, that's a different story. According to the doctor, it'll be a while before I can get back on the uni...2-3 months, which is a bummer because I just met yall and I like y'all now I have to wait til we meet again. 

My wheel is completely gone...but did you guys see the new Ninebot? I'm thinking that may just be my next new wheel...but, I must confess, there's nothing like riding a Gotway. The speed and power is unparallel to anything else on the market.

Glad that you are slowly recovering. Come back to us when you are healed up. Lots of groups ride in future :D

3 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

You too, friend.  It's a long and winding road to recovery from serious injuries.  But the sun also rises.  See you back here soon.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Just don't follow @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer's example since he doesn't believe in safety gear for himself :D

Me thinks the tin foil between @Marty Backe's "Trump hair" and the gotway brain bucket may be a wee bit tight!:huh:

1 hour ago, JrKline "Wheel Whisperer said:

Me thinks the tin foil between @Marty Backe's "Trump hair" and the gotway brain bucket may be a wee bit tight!:huh:

It's been a couple of weeks since we've ridden together. Are you wearing safety gear now? My bad :(

On 8/14/2017 at 3:29 PM, Marty Backe said:

Glad that you are slowly recovering. Come back to us when you are healed up. Lots of groups ride in future :D

surely with some creative thinking and a wheelbarrow you can fast-track the next ride?

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

surely with some creative thinking and a wheelbarrow you can fast-track the next ride?

Genius! Use a EUC as the front wheel and two wheelchair wheels in the back. Mount the EUC onto the wheelbarrow from the top near the handle on a balljoint sort of assembly. This will allow for steering and front and reverse movement. I have just the wheel for such an invention. I think a flatboat seat will bolt into the wheelbarrow nicely. May try a mock up when I return from Monterey car week.

Archived