Summertime in the LBC

YoshiSkySun

Come join me for some fun in the sun as we ride to the beach. We will start by meandering around the El Dorado Nature Center and then we will take the San Gabriel bike trail which will easily lead us to the beach. This is a 15 mile ride that will take us to the Long Beach Habor Lighthouse. We can stop for food and refreshments along the way, so bring some cash and leave the drama for your mama at home and come join me for some fun in the sun! 

Date: Saturday, August 12

Time: 2pm

Location: We will meet at the Long Beach Town Center @ the Carl's Jr. parking lot. 7575 Carson Blvd. Long Beach, Ca. 90808

Please post a comment below if you're interested. :clap3::whistling::roflmao:

@Marty Backe @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer @Stan Onymous @Ando Melkonyan

I actually have a lector training course at 10 Am, so I will be more than happy to join in on a later ride as well. Told a couple of people about the rides today at the Solowheel Health commercial auditions. One named @enigma35 and another who is totally new but willing to join in a ride. We shall see what transpires.

but I will go down there after noon if you will still be there.

@JrKline "Wheel Whisperer 

I will gladly change the time to accommodate your schedule and I did get the slime...just haven't had the time to apply it, but I will before my next ride.

@Stan Onymous

Thanks for putting the word out...Yes! The more the merrier and I will wait for yall. Good luck on your audition, I hope you get the part. Let me know about future auditions...my dream was to always be a movie star!

Hey Stan, good to meet you today. I've been on a few rides with Marty and the boys but schedule's pretty busy so don't get out as much as I'd like. Don't think i'll make the one this weekend but hopefully in the future.

BTW, you should add all of the invitees from the previous ride. I always invite everyone even if I know most can't make it.

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

CA is challenging France for most active group riding!

It'll be awhile before we come close to matching their numbers :(

1 hour ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Hey guys! I will have to cancel today's ride. It looks like I will be out of commission for some time...til then, be safe.

IMG_3032.thumb.JPG.02c67a80f4ffa33fefd44cd63cd638aa.JPG

Bummer. 

Kinda looks like a LiPo fire. 

(You okay?)

What happened ?

Allen

@Stan Onymous After the moment of impact, the machine rolled off some rocks and into the riverbed. My first reaction was to get it out of the water and onto dry land...we did that, sat it down next to us and few moment later, flames started erupting from the machine...

@Stan Onymous Thank you for your kind words and offering. But, it maybe months before I get back into the game...on another note, I heard Ninebot is coming out with a new model this weekend. I'm really looking at that now...I feel a lot safer riding the 9bot compared to the devilish Gotway.

Someone said that looked like a LiPo fire, but after hearing the symptoms it sounds like it could also be a hydrogen fire caused by a spark from the board and water. Given high currents, electrolysis can separate water into H + H + O. It would have been a brief flash or pop and then the melt down as the plastic burns. The capacitors can spark if the water caused it to discharge. These same capacitors wouldve been the electrolysis inducers too. That capacity of watts in the battery and motor of that EUC make it a possibility, if only a small one. Truly Awe -full. ?

My God! I just saw the pictures of you in the other posting. I can't believe the damage to the ACM. The impact must have been incredible to cause the batteries to ignite. I'm glad that you are OK and still have a smile on your face.

I pray that you wear protection next time you decide to ride fast (which I enjoy, but only when padded up).

So sorry to read and see this @YoshiSkySun :(

I think you may have the most impressive after crash picture of an ACM :cheers:

21 minutes ago, YoshiSkySun said:

@Stan Onymous Thank you for your kind words and offering. But, it maybe months before I get back into the game...on another note, I heard Ninebot is coming out with a new model this weekend. I'm really looking at that now...I feel a lot safer riding the 9bot compared to the devilish Gotway.

To be fair, Gotway is perfectly safe when not ridden at 30mph.

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

Bummer. 

Kinda looks like a LiPo fire. 

(You okay?)

What happened ?

Allen

Understatement of the year ;) :D

In honor of @YoshiSkySun @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer And I took our memorial Yoshi Tribute ride yesterday, retracing our last ride with him on his beloved Gotway along the LA river to where we dropped him off as he rode into the sunset to the Valley via Victory blvd. We even stopped at the Bike Cafe for refreshments. No pictures were taken, but lots of sights were seen. 

We both wished Yoshi a speedy recovery, and a quick return to the streets. You may want to refer to that pic for ideas on what protection equipment you may need in the future. Im sure one of the more talented pic editors on this site can highlight the areas.:rolleyes:

I enjoy your company and want more of it, Im sure others do too.?

Archived