On 8/8/2017 at 10:56 AM, Ken Bland said:

The stupid design of a box section against your leg is a certainty to damage your leg. I have scars all over my legs even though I pad them out quite a bit. I should have chosen one of the other type that have  fairly smooth sides. 

We have all been there during our initial training. Pain keeps us alert while learning to ride. ;) I purchased Triple Eight shin pads when I first started riding. I just turned them 90 degrees to fully protect the insides of my legs. I believe they were purchased on Amazon. Good luck!

36178023360_6d89b1408b_b.jpg

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, zlymex said:

I didn't have any pain on my leg for my first EUC(IPS T260), but got a lot pain for my second(mcm2) because is was too low so I added an aluminum frame as can be seen from some of my 'videos'

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Keith said:

Did you read the instruction manual that came with your EUC? Mine said it was not permitted for riders over 60 years old (I'm 61) ?- obviously a mere youth I now realise reading your post.

I live about 1 mile away from Wimbledon Common - so even one of the forum's moderators is from the UK ?

P.S. Like the advice several others have given above, I would agree that beginners do try to grip the wheel too hard, and you do get bruises etc at first. Indeed long after I stopped suffering any discomfort from my EUC, I hired one on holiday and my calves were painfully sore after a couple of hours, so even a change of wheel can take some getting used to.

P.P.S. I strongly recommend wrist guards and ideally some head protection at the very least, the one thing I learned from riding my EUC, is that I don't heal as fast as I used to and with two sprained wrists you REALLY find out who your friends are!

Hi Keith. I didn't get any instruction manual with my Gotway. I just received the Gotway and training wheels. Yes I also have lots of protection bought off Ebay. Wrist guard, knee and shin guards, elbow and arm guards, and helmet of course. Trouble is I am knackered by the timeI have put all that on.

On 14/08/2017 at 3:08 AM, Ken Bland said:

Hi Ash good to know. How are your ride areas? I/e roads pavements etc. The pavements and roads around here in Tankerton are terrible. I do have a car park opposite where I am learning which is not too bad.

Milton Keynes is great to ride around. We have a network of cycle paths everywhere called Redways. They do cross roads but they often just either go over them by bridge or under with a tunnel. They're pretty much all smooth tarmac. In rush hour, it's quicker to get around on the wheel that it is in the car!

Archived