SOLOWHEEL RIDERS WANTED FOR A COMMERCIAL IN LOS ANGELES

DANIELLE ESKINAZI CASTING IS LOOKING FOR SOLOWHEEL RIDERS FOR A COMMERCIAL SHOOTING IN LOS ANGELES.

AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD IN HOLLYWOOD AUGUST 4TH

CALLBACKS WILL BE AUGUST 8TH

SHOOT WILL BE AUGUST 14TH, 15TH AND 16TH (ONE OF THOSE DAYS)

IF YOU ARE A LOCAL LA SOLOWHEEL RIDER AND INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING PLEASE EMAIL SOLOWHEELRIDERSLA@GMAIL.COM

THANK YOU!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for your replies! 

If you have experience in any of the above (V5 and V8's count!) we'd love to have you come by! 

Our auditions will be held from 10:30am-5pm in Poinsettia Park in Hollywood. The address is:

7341 Willoughby Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90046

You'll want to go to the basketball courts (you'll see some setup and signage) ask for Doug and KC and tell them you're from the forum- they'll get you all set up!

The commercial, should you book it pays up to $3,000 and will shoot either on the 14th, 15th or 16th (TBD) and callbacks to meet with our clients would be on the 8th. 

Thank you and we hope to see you there!

$3000! That should draw some interest!

Why shoot the commercial in LA? The beautiful scenery, riding conditions and perfect weather will only muck up the shot. Come to my area and enjoy our emotionally arid flatlands, barren landscape and unpredictable weather. :crying:

7 hours ago, Katie O'Connor said:

up to $3,000

Careful guys;)

--

If you provided the wheels, any rider could come, and you can choose the more photogenic ones;)

Do you provide the wheels? I assume "Solowheel rider" means just any elöectric unicycle rider, not someone owning a Solowheel brand EUC?

--

[Maybe Solowheel (the company) is trying to make "Solowheel" the term for any EUC? Nefarious campaign detected?]

Hi Everyone, 

Because of how specific (moreover expensive) solo wheels are we ask that you guys bring your own! 

There are no residuals, as this is a non-union commercial. However there are opportunities for the spot to be renewed, which would guarantee further payment. 

See attached the specs for the spot and hopefully we'll see you out there today!

BRIGHT HEALTH SPECS.pdf

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

$3000! That should draw some interest!

Why shoot the commercial in LA? The beautiful scenery, riding conditions and perfect weather will only muck up the shot. Come to my area and enjoy our emotionally arid flatlands, barren landscape and unpredictable weather. :crying:

You forgot to mention all of your scantily clad, physically fit, women.

So from reading the document, my (very possibly incorrect) understanding is that you will be paid $1000 for being filmed (if selected).  If the footage you're in makes it to the final cut to be released then you get an extra $2000.  They get to use this footage for a year.  If they want to use the footage for second year, you get $2200 more.  For a third year, $2420 more on top of that.  There's even more money if they broadcast the commercial on TV in countries outside the US and if they use your footage on the radio.

From the document name, "BRIGHT_HEALTH_SPECS.pdf", I'm assuming the commercial is for Bright Health which, from Google's search results, is a health insurance company.  My only concern would be how "solo wheels" [sic] and their riders are portrayed in the commercial.  If we are to be portrayed as lazy, unhealthy, non-exercising dorks then I'd rather this role be left unfilled.  Still, $3000 can help a lot in growing that collection of ewheels :D

Ahhh that makes more sense.  We call these Electric Unicycles in general.  Sort of like cars are cars and hoverboards are hoverboards.  Solowheel is a specific brand name of electric unicycle just like Ford or GM is a brand of car or Swagtron or Phunkyduck is a brand of hoverboard.  So the doors to $3000 minus any agent fees are wide open!  Why didn't you say so in the first place?  :efef2e0fff:

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou   @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

Just went to the audition. Its a breeze! One line to say, and after they make sure you can ride a Unicycle, any brand will do, not Soloswheel specific.

Great to see this process from the other side. The commercial director is right out of central casting. Infact I wish we had him in auditions for my last movie I executive produced. Lol spot on!

thanks a ton and hope to hear back from them, but the role is still wide open, sorry to say for me.

@Stan Onymous Nice work. Steering the thread right from the start, so everyone believes it's a commercial by and for Solowheel (a bad company nobody has a wheel from), while taking the real role for yourself:P That's @Hunka Hunka Burning Love level scheming! Hunka, you have to counteract this by quickly getting your client (you know who) to this audition! (unless you two conspired for this to happen, as you piled on the thread misdirection, then just kudos);)

• Keith locked this topic

Archived