update ninebot app 4

Fedele Nacucchi

On 3.8.2017 at 3:56 PM, Fedele Nacucchi said:

From app 4.0 update, when I link the ninebot to the app, this requires the "vehicle password".
In the old version of the app it did not ask, I do not remember it.
How can I retrieve it?

20139912_10213160475236895_3517370729779128856_n.jpg

Maybe you need to reset the bluetooth pairing code. Check out this video how to do it. You have to turn the unit on, lean it to the side until it starts beeping, hold the power button down, and release the power button after the 17th beep, returning the unit back to upright position. Best to watch the video though, it's confusing but I had problems like this after app upgrades a few times and resetting bluetooth always resolved them.

On 8/3/2017 at 8:56 AM, Fedele Nacucchi said:

From app 4.0 update, when I link the ninebot to the app, this requires the "vehicle password".
In the old version of the app it did not ask, I do not remember it.
How can I retrieve it?

20139912_10213160475236895_3517370729779128856_n.jpg

@Fedele Nacucchi If I turn on bluetooth, my phone shows available devices, one of them being the ninebot.  If I select the ninebot it asks for the bluetooth code, not quite the same as your screenshot, but what I do is select cancel.  Bluetooth is still on, then I tap the Ninebot app, and it connects directly to the wheel, if I am previously logged on.  I never log out of the app, I just double tap it to exit.

But another thing to try, if you never changed the bluetooth code in the past, is that is is all zeros.  You could try 000000 and see if that works.  So with @Christoph Zens suggestion above, that is 3 things to try.  Let us know if you get it to work!

Oh, I just remembered, I forgot my login also, and ended up having to create a new log in, it was a pain, and I got logged in with a new user name and password, but lost all my Ncoins and medals because now I am like a new owner.  The mileage and hours are still showing, though, because they are stored in the wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

I found another problem with the new 4.0.6 Ninebot App where it is impossible to change the ride setting! It's always at 3 when I go back and forth to check if it worked.

Is there a bugfix for this problem? I've also tried to reset bluetooth, but the app connect immediately, so that doesn't seem to work.

I'm riding a new Ninebot One E+ (N20)  , Phone iPhone 7 (iOs 10.3.3), Ninebot App 4.0.6

On 9/8/2017 at 1:51 AM, steve454 said:

@Fedele Nacucchi If I turn on bluetooth, my phone shows available devices, one of them being the ninebot.  If I select the ninebot it asks for the bluetooth code, not quite the same as your screenshot, but what I do is select cancel.  Bluetooth is still on, then I tap the Ninebot app, and it connects directly to the wheel, if I am previously logged on.  I never log out of the app, I just double tap it to exit.

But another thing to try, if you never changed the bluetooth code in the past, is that is is all zeros.  You could try 000000 and see if that works.  So with @Christoph Zens suggestion above, that is 3 things to try.  Let us know if you get it to work!

Oh, I just remembered, I forgot my login also, and ended up having to create a new log in, it was a pain, and I got logged in with a new user name and password, but lost all my Ncoins and medals because now I am like a new owner.  The mileage and hours are still showing, though, because they are stored in the wheel.

@Christoph ZensIt's not a bluetooth pairing problem when the app searches in the ninebot it finds it and connects it, but immediately asks to enter the password of the vehicle. 
I tried the 000000 password but it did not go :(
[is a ninebot mini]

35 minutes ago, Fedele Nacucchi said:

@Christoph ZensIt's not a bluetooth pairing problem when the app searches in the ninebot it finds it and connects it, but immediately asks to enter the password of the vehicle. 
I tried the 000000 password but it did not go :(
[is a ninebot mini]

If you have a Mini or a miniPro then you are in the wrong forum.  you need http://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/51-ninebot-mini-segway-minipro-xiaomi-mini-airwheel-s8-or-equivalent/

There was some issue with bluetooth code if you had changed it.  You essentially need to reset the bluetooth module.  Go to the other forum, I can't remember how to do it, get the latest version of the app as they updated a couple of times as their first update had lots of issues.

Archived