Segway/Ninebot Day on Aug. 12: Will 9B announce new EUC models?

EUCMania

If you follow the link in my post above, it appears to be a happening in China only, and there is going to be a giveaway of a self balancing machine.  But it is interesting that it is a promotion and they are calling it Segway day and not Ninebot day.

On 09/08/2017 at 1:50 PM, cloudust said:

Whatever it will be announced on Segway day, it will be Chinese market only.

If you check segway's facebook, they will announce something outside China as well. 

Yeah, two days later. We'll probably hear about it from China first, though.

The more I look at that tire the more I think "motorcycle" tire.  :blink:  I wonder if the larger tire is able to handle faster speeds better as well as irregular terrain.  Tight turns might be trickier?

Now imagine if Ninebot Segway has had staff monitor these forums and observe all the mistakes other wheel makers have made and silently improved on their new design to out-compete some of the major players.  It will be exciting to see how this new wheel performs.  I'm very hopeful that this new wheel might set the bar pretty high bringing up everyone else's wheel specifications...

Here is what I can guess or read from rumors:

1. Smart-BMS that monitor each battery cell

2. 18" wheel, tubeless tire.

3. Dual battery packs with separate BMS.

4. Dual set of hall sensors. ( I think it should have 3 sets of hall sensors to over rule the one that mis-fire )

5. Torque > 120 nm

6. fat tire ( 4" ? ). can climb stairs of height 10cm(?)

Now, GW 18 has  strong competitors: 9B Z

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The more I look at that tire the more I think "motorcycle" tire.  :blink:  I wonder if the larger tire is able to handle faster speeds better as well as irregular terrain.  Tight turns might be trickier?

Now imagine if Ninebot Segway has had staff monitor these forums and observe all the mistakes other wheel makers have made and silently improved on their new design to out-compete some of the major players.  It will be exciting to see how this new wheel performs.  I'm very hopeful that this new wheel might set the bar pretty high bringing up everyone else's wheel specifications...

So will this be the next wheel for you @Hunka Hunka Burning Love? It's a Ninebot you know ;)

Mu must resist :efee96588e:... it certainly looks to be a good contender, but the front side is so butt ugly.  :rolleyes:  It needs a cool looking front cowl and a better integrated trolly handle.  I think I actually predicted this wheel many months ago when I mentioned that I wished someone would make an EUC with a "fat" tire and wide motor to be able to handle off-roading better sort of like those fat bikes.  Someone did take one of those Airwheel dual wheel motors and installed a wide tire on it which worked well.  It had a handle on it though.

This new Ninebot should be interesting, but I think I'll wait a bit just in case there are some bugs.  Also with no dealer network anymore, where do you buy these from?  Will NinebotUS be carrying them?  The idea of relying on customer service from China isn't all that appealing.  Luckily I haven't needed any warranty work while I had warranty, but parts are now harder to source.

I kinda like a sleek looking wheel a bit more than a Batman sized EUC roller...

53 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Mu must resist :efee96588e:... it certainly looks to be a good contender, but the front side is so butt ugly.  :rolleyes:  It needs a cool looking front cowl and a better integrated trolly handle.  I think I actually predicted this wheel many months ago when I mentioned that I wished someone would make an EUC with a "fat" tire and wide motor to be able to handle off-roading better sort of like those fat bikes.  Someone did take one of those Airwheel dual wheel motors and installed a wide tire on it which worked well.  It had a handle on it though.

This new Ninebot should be interesting, but I think I'll wait a bit just in case there are some bugs.  Also with no dealer network anymore, where do you buy these from?  Will NinebotUS be carrying them?  The idea of relying on customer service from China isn't all that appealing.  Luckily I haven't needed any warranty work while I had warranty, but parts are now harder to source.

I kinda like a sleek looking wheel a bit more than a Batman sized EUC roller...

Since it's Segway and presumably with certification, I'm hoping Amazon. 

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Mu must resist :efee96588e:... it certainly looks to be a good contender, but the front side is so butt ugly.

Reconsider Hunka!

35722850133_ff948c7177_b.jpg

Archived