14c Won't Turn on

kasenutty

A couple weeks ago, I started getting a grinding noise from my right pedal and took my 14c apart. I finally found a loose pedal mount. Retightened, put back together. Axle is actually in really good shape. 

The next problem began when I connected the Yellow, Green, and Blue motor lines in the WRONG order. All accessories worked just fine, but when the wheel powered up it went full speed forward for a few seconds and then full speed backwards for a few seconds. Fastest I've ever seen it spin. It tried to drive up my leg so I held it up until it spun out. After this it would not turn on again.

I opened it back up and went through the whole thing 10-15 times with the manual and still would not power on. I figured that I've blown the control board somehow and order a new one from Ewheels. I've been in the middle of moving houses, so I hadn't had any time until yesterday to swap it out. I swapped it out, took my time, triple checked everything and it still won't power up.

Is this a bad a power switch, or does anyone have any ideas to resurrect this thing? The battery appears to charge normally so I don't think it's a bad battery control or anything. 

Any ideas are appreciated :D

33 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I never looked at fuses come to think of it.... Hmmm

yip...fuses would be a good idea to look at...if you have any!

Earlier versions of the 14c dont have them...

Later there have been fuses between batterie and board and/or on the board.

IF you have burned the board, you should see/smell that somewhere, mosfets/capacitor/inductor burned/black/melted

I never even thought to check the fuse. I know I've spotted at least one fuse between the battery and, well something I didn't that close, but never popped it out of there. Can these fuses be purchased at an auto parts shop by chance or are they strange little chinese ones? :D

17 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I never even thought to check the fuse. I know I've spotted at least one fuse between the battery and, well something I didn't that close, but never popped it out of there. Can these fuses be purchased at an auto parts shop by chance or are they strange little chinese ones? :D

This are standard fuses, they normally are 40Amp fuses...they have the number written on the upside, no prob to get new! :-)

9 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Is there only the one fuse? 

depends on your 14c version....

Like said, newest versions also have a fuse on the board...but maybe thats not the case here!

So your KS14C is perfectly ok now despite your (our) weight? How many miles does yours have?

I took my KS14C out last evening after not having ridden it for a few weeks since I got my KS16S; I gotta admit my KS14C is still my favorite wheel. I think it's the pads and the footpads; it fits the best and comfortably locks into my legs.

YES. At least for now.

So, I originally tore down because I thought the axle was broken. Found a loose pedal, hooked up my control board wrong, blew a fuse, had a life shattering freakout over the whole thing, got it back together and it rides real nice. Nothing is actually wrong with it at the moment, hehehehhe. I need to reunlock the speed limit, but I rode up and down a few big hills and all around testing it out, and it's good.

I love the thing so damn much, I was moody and depressed without it, so I am excited to ride around a lot and get off of my piece of shit slow ass Minipro :D

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, kasenutty said:

YES. At least for now.

So, I originally tore down because I thought the axle was broken. Found a loose pedal, hooked up my control board wrong, blew a fuse, had a life shattering freakout over the whole thing, got it back together and it rides real nice. Nothing is actually wrong with it at the moment, hehehehhe. I need to reunlock the speed limit, but I rode up and down a few big hills and all around testing it out, and it's good.

I love the thing so damn much, I was moody and depressed without it, so I am excited to ride around a lot and get off of my piece of shit slow ass Minipro :D

How is the best way to change fuse

Archived