Yet another Mono e-bike

Keith

Just discovered this on YouTube, yet another monowheeled bike on kickstarter. It says it does up to 22 MPH, but goes at walking speed in all the footage. 

What really has me puzzled is that it has a brake lever, which it describes as an "E-brake" and is also used as a reversing lever. Go figure out how on earth that works, surely, if you brake without leaning back to compensate for the deceleration you are going to faceplant? From the way the wheel jerks backwards when the rider presses the "brake", although he wasn't actually moving at the time, it looks like the lever basically commands a tiltback?

It is apparently: "The first E-Unicycle with Gyro Force Technology" whatever the hell that is? I can only assume it means it literally has a large spinning gyroscopic mass in it, but I still cannot see how that would prevent a face plant if you attempted to use a brake (electronic or otherwise) to stop it?

In conclusion, IMHO it, yet again, has ALL the disadvantages of an EUC with none of the advantages, and if it does faceplant whilst you are hanging on to that handlebar at 20MPH you will amputate every one of your fingers. 

Oh, and surely there are already parents out there for this - which makes me think it must have a spinning mass Gyro which will make it even heavier than it looks?

Archived