1600 MSuper took a Hard side splat and is doing fine

I thought it would be useful and interesting to note that my new MS3s+ Fell on it's side from 8 inches onto hard concrete and is still running fine. I was showing off after the MMA fight Saturday night in a parking lot outside of BW3 and was challenged to ride up onto a mulch-filled island. The mistake was riding too slow up to the lip of the curb (sunken mulch) and trying to casually roll up and off it. The wheel stopped and I didn't force it, but did step off, and the wheel fell hard on it's side. Nothing cracked. The side pad a little scuffed as well as the case but I sanded down the rough edges.

I feel it's important to share this because my Monster was taken out by a smaller fall. It's a month and a half now, and I'm still waiting on parts to fix it.

Score one for MSuper's durability,  and subtract 2 for the Monster's. 

I believe Gotway use better materials for the shell of their new generation EUCs(ACM, Msuper V3 and MCM4). Last Saturday one of my fellow drop his ACM about 10 meters down a hill without any damage. I was not so lucky two years ago as I crack my Msuper V2 in a similar drop.
BD2RL-ACM-drop.thumb.jpg.0cc8534038e928a011c55c292ccafb78.jpg

16 minutes ago, zlymex said:

I believe Gotway use better materials for the shell of their new generation EUCs(ACM, Msuper V3 and MCM4). Last Saturday one of my fellow drop his ACM about 10 meters down a hill without any damage. I was not so lucky two years ago as I crack my Msuper V2 in a similar drop.

Maybe the use a better Shell material on the newer matte black V3's and ACM's.....but i have one of the glossy coated shell's from the start of V3, and this Shell is really crap!

It is very brittle.

The new matte Shells look much more sturdy.

2 hours ago, zlymex said:

BD2RL-ACM-drop.thumb.jpg.0cc8534038e928a011c55c292ccafb78.jpg

I keep looking at this photo. What is the aqua surface surrounding the area where the ACM came to rest.  Looks like a material you would find in an aquarium.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I keep looking at this photo. What is the aqua surface surrounding the area where the ACM came to rest.  Looks like a material you would find in an aquarium.

That material is fiber net/cloth to cover those earth exposed during construction/destruction so that dust won't blow off.

Archived