MSuper V3s+ What APP are you using?

I just got a new MSuper V3s+  but I couldnt find the APP for it.  Im using android and the play store only has some german app and a Wheel log APP, no official app from GOTWAY.   I finally found a APK file  on facebook. and it appears to be official Gotway app. I did manage to register thru the app and have been riding around but the wheel doesnt reach full speed. IS the APP limiting my speed? I have about 20 miles on the wheel.   Is there a better APP than the GOTWAY one. Maybe one that has more features and lets me get full speed. What app are you guys using
? thanks

facebook.com/groups/gotway/files for the new (shitty)/2.0/social official Gotway app.

Download section here for the old (better)/1.0/non-social official Gotway app.

6 hours ago, thead said:

but the wheel doesnt reach full speed. IS the APP limiting my speed?

What do you mean by that? Tiltback? Warning beeps? You can change both in the official apps. What speeds are we talking about? By principle, a self-balancing vehicle can't control the rider's speed (like force a slow down), just do warnings (tiltback/beeps) when you go above certain speeds. So other than that the app can do nothing.

Other (third party) apps can't change settings, but are much better for everything else. Wheellog is great.

Thanks for the help. I thought some of these wheels have a beginner/learning mode that restricts speed until you go so many miles. I thought maybe the app programmed the wheel to a speed limit. I don't know if Gotway does this.   I am getting to about 20 mph. I did notice a tiltback slowing me down so the only setting in the app was set it to cancel. But it seemed to still do it and limit me to 20 mph.  Does the wheellog app just show info or can it change settings. Thanks

Only Kingsongs have a restricted mode (20 km/h speed limit for the first 100km or something like this). And that mode also only can beep and tiltback you, you could theoretically ignore/overpower that.

You can enable/disable tiltback and also set the tiltback speed in the Gotway apps. The wheel beeps at you when you change a setting. Same for the speed limits.

Wheellog can't change any settings (which is a plus, because you can't accidentally do something unwanted like in the badly designed/translated Gotway apps), but it's much better for riding itself (showing battery in 1% steps instead of 10% steps etc).

Thanks again. So I should use the wheellog app.  I noticed in the Gotway app. It has 3 speed modes with sport I assume being fastest.  Do I just select sport mode wait for wheel to beep then close app. Will the wheel stay in sport mode next time I turn wheel on? I'll just delete Gotway app and just use wheellog

There are no speed differences between the modes. They control how direct the wheels responds. Just tap the button in the app, the wheel beeps (it must stand still, you can't change modes during riding) and you'll feel the difference (hold on to a wall with one hand and go back and forth on the spot, clear difference between the modes). The wheel will keep the mode until you change the setting again (same for all other settings).

Softest mode = too soft and wobbly

Medium mode = soft but nice (standard)

Hardest mode = very direct

I like the medium mode best, nice and relaxing

You don't need to delete the Gotway app, it will and can do nothing if you don't use it. Simply ignore it.

The Gotway app runs in the background on my phone and uses some battery. Plus it seems very intrusive with all the permissions. Probly due to the social media features.  What do you guys recommend for tiltback setting? Turn it off completely? 

On 8/1/2017 at 9:11 AM, thead said:

The Gotway app runs in the background on my phone and uses some battery. Plus it seems very intrusive with all the permissions. Probly due to the social media features.  What do you guys recommend for tiltback setting? Turn it off completely? 

Don't use the social version of the Gotway app. Install the version that I uploaded to this forum. I use it to control all of my Gotway apps. It does not run in the background. You will want to keep it because you may want to re-calibrate your wheel or change the Ride Mode based on the kind of riding you will be doing that day.

If you've never ridden a Gotway before, set the Tilt-back to 6km/h and ride the wheel so that you at least know what tilt-back feels like on a Gotway wheel.

These are my settings:

• Ride Mode varies depending on which wheel I'm riding. This is very personal.
  • 1st & 2nd alarms disabled
  • Tilt-back off
  • NEVER ignore the 3rd alarm (which you can't turn off). When you hear that alarm the wheel is telling you that it is near it's maximum safe operating capability. Slow down. Fortunately the V3s+ is so fast you should rarely if ever hear the 3rd alarm. I only hear it if I let the battery get down to 15%.

I use an old version of Gotway app for setting that requires no register. 

I never disable the second speed alarm because it's already very fast(about 34kph) and the third alarm is way too high(57kph) for my V3s+. The 3rd alarm for my V3s+ is battery independent.

I use Wheellog after setting and set the speed warning to 40kph and current warning to 50A in vibrating mode.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:32 PM, zlymex said:

I use Wheellog after setting and set the speed warning to 40kph and current warning to 50A in vibrating mode.

Am I blind?  Where in Wheellog can one set warnings? vibrating modes?

1 hour ago, duaner said:

Am I blind?  Where in Wheellog can one set warnings? vibrating modes?

It's not obvious. Swipe from the left to access all of the configuration modes

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/08/2017 at 2:32 AM, zlymex said:

I use an old version of Gotway app for setting that requires no register. 

I never disable the second speed alarm because it's already very fast(about 34kph) and the third alarm is way too high(57kph) for my V3s+. The 3rd alarm for my V3s+ is battery independent.

The third beep IS battery dependent (I own a V3s+ 1600W), I never pushed the speed high enough to hear it (went up to 52 km/h) while fully charged but achieved to hear it starting my daily ride with 3/5 battery lights, at around 43km/h...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived