Sat Morning Dodger stadium street/park ride 8/5/17

Stan Onymous

I know this is short notice, and I already forgot how to let everyone know about it and dont really know everybody yet if I did know how to let us know, but here goes... Dodger Stadium is located in Elysian park and close to the Arroyo Seco bike path. Connecting these two parks is a suspended bike path between the 110 and 5 freeway junction and griffin Avenue in Lincoln park. We will start outside of the Vin Scully ave entrance to Dodger stadium here as searched for through Google maps - this street allows for parking and there is no game on this day.

8:00-8:30 Meetup Dodger Stadium adjacent
1149 Lilac Ter
Los Angeles, CA  90012
United States

the Ride is just under 15 miles and will last a couple of hours. It will combine trails, bike trails, stairs descending, a surfing baby, road travel with and without bike lanes, it is a great mix of mostly Parks with some city riding and unique views. We have a choice of stopping at the Police Academy Cafe for the safest dining experience ever, and a great photo op, or a stop at the Spoke Bicycle cafe along the river if we want to go around 20 miles. Most of Elysian park is paved as is the Arroyo seco trail, so mileage will be good. Full disclosure, I havent explored all of these trails in these two parks, so if we like the ones I have mapped out this time, we can vary it the next time to places unknown as of yet.

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I know this is short notice, and I already forgot how to let everyone know about it and dont really know everybody yet if I did know how to let us know, but here goes... Dodger Stadium is located in Elysian park and close to the Arroyo Seco bike path. Connecting these two parks is a suspended bike path between the 110 and 5 freeway junction and griffin Avenue in Lincoln park. We will start outside of the Vin Scully ave entrance to Dodger stadium here as searched for through Google maps - this street allows for parking and there is no game on this day.

1149 Lilac Ter
Los Angeles, CA  90012
United States

the Ride is just under 15 miles and will last a couple of hours. It will combine trails, bike trails, stairs descending, a surfing baby, road travel with and without bike lanes, it is a great mix of mostly Parks with some city riding and unique views. We have a choice of stopping at the Police Academy Cafe for the safest dining experience ever, and a great photo op, or a stop at the Spoke Bicycle cafe along the river if we want to go around 20 miles. Most of Elysian park is paved as is the Arroyo seco trail, so mileage will be good. Full disclosure, I havent explored all of these trails in these two parks, so if we like the ones I have mapped out this time, we can vary it the next time to places unknown as of yet.

image.jpeg

LOL  Hey, I just heard on sports radio here in Dallas that Yu Darvish the ace pitcher for the Texas Rangers has been traded to the Dodgers, is that true?

21 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

1149 Lilac Ter
Los Angeles, CA  90012
United States

You can copy and paste all of the names in the previous announcement and they will hopefully see the announcement. I'll do it for you here:

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @Stan Onymous @YoshiSkySun @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

I did run into you guys at a gas station looking for food, so I included the option this time, even though we will be passing a few fast food and mini market establishments. Did you say your Super was lurching? If you want, you can borrow my V5F. Whats the hold up anyway? I've got a soldering iron, some crimpers, strippers(wire only), and those nifty allen wrenches with the spiffy T handles... I know youre not too shy to crack yours open. Try a complete power shutdown by disconnecting the battery to reset the board. Sometimes my kingsong 14b will stay lit for about 10 seconds after I remove the battery for charging while the bluetooth is connected, so there may be a fault switched on by a surge that needs to be released from any current the capacitors/ mosfets may be holding.

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

Awesome thanks Marty! I hope you have time for the ride too. Riding between the freeway on a bike trail is so unusual.

I'm not sure yet, but I'm hoping to :)

I have sad news about the surfing baby...

today it was surfing earlier but seems to have had a mishap and was lying on its stomach at the waters edge. I will take a picture tomorrow if it is still there. Otherwise we may skip it if its not up and at'em again.

22 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I have sad news about the surfing baby...

today it was surfing earlier but seems to have had a mishap and was lying on its stomach at the waters edge. I will take a picture tomorrow if it is still there. Otherwise we may skip it if its not up and at'em again.

I don't get this... someone please translate for me

21 minutes ago, Sven said:

I don't get this... someone please translate for me

I promised a surfing baby for the ride. The one in the picture of the original post. It somehow took a break yesterday and I havent gone back to see if someone set it back up yet. Or I would have an update on the little trooper. Lol

People don't seem to get the joke :D It's just a baby 'doll' setup on a platform in the river such that it looks like a baby surfing in the river.

9 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Not cancelling anything and not the ride, just that we would miss out on seeing that and we can fill that in with more park riding. I really should use more smiley faces? When I make a joke on this site. WOW.

Yes, more smiley faces for sure. Hell, in memoriam I'd like to see where the surfing baby was even if it's now gone :D  

Archived