NYC CiTi Summer Streets 2017 Group Ride (Poll)

houseofjob

NYC CiTi Summer Streets 2017 Group Ride (Poll)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. For all NYC area riders, which Saturday would you prefer to [group] ride Summer Streets 2017?

• Saturday, August 5th
    • Saturday, August 12th
    • Saturday, August 19th

I am not typically in the New York area but will be in northern Jersey quite a bit in the coming months.  I normally take the PATH train in and could possibly meet up with you guys depending on the date.

8 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

I am not typically in the New York area but will be in northern Jersey quite a bit in the coming months.  I normally take the PATH train in and could possibly meet up with you guys depending on the date.

Nice! Hopefully we can get a big group for at least one of the dates~

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nice! Hopefully we can get a big group for at least one of the dates~

Might as well ask ahead of time.  How is it riding around NYC on an EUC?  Pretty sure they are technically not allowed on the sidewalks.  You guys have anyone giving you a hard time or is it pretty lax in the city?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Might as well ask ahead of time.  How is it riding around NYC on an EUC?  Pretty sure they are technically not allowed on the sidewalks.  You guys have anyone giving you a hard time or is it pretty lax in the city?

Thanks

NYPD could care less about EUCs (they also care little about most small traffic infractions) unless the Mayor is on a campaign to appease the small faction of potential voters (read: old people) who complain about e-bikes (well, complain about everything, really). 

Sidewalks are fine, as long as you are respectful of pedestrians.

The only real times I've personally been given a hard time were when the NYPD were on edge due to all the Trump stuff, and when Mayor De Blasio had a vote-getting directive out to confiscate e-bikes and make good press earlier this year; both times met with just warnings / slaps on the wrist.

Also, occasionally, the rare, over-zealous park official will tell you to dismount, as e-anything are not allowed in NYC parks (just a warning again), but that's seemed to tapered off as the amount of e-board riders have tripled (coincidence I think).

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

NYPD could care less about EUCs (they also care little about most small traffic infractions) unless the Mayor is on a campaign to appease the small faction of potential voters (read: old people) who complain about e-bikes (well, complain about everything, really). 

Sidewalks are fine, as long as you are respectful of pedestrians.

The only real times I've personally been given a hard time were when the NYPD were on edge due to all the Trump stuff, and when Mayor De Blasio had a vote-getting directive out to confiscate e-bikes and make good press earlier this year; both times met with just warnings / slaps on the wrist.

Also, occasionally, the rare, over-zealous park official will tell you to dismount, as e-anything are not allowed in NYC parks (just a warning again), but that's seemed to tapered off as the amount of e-board riders have tripled (coincidence I think).

Good to know, thanks for the info.  Perhaps I'll shoot up one weekend before this event and cruise around a bit, been a little since I've made it up to the city and being so close it'd only be a short train ride..................

I'm good any weekend.  I was riding the hudson greenway last sat and when I was resting I saw the eboarders go zooming toward downtown.  At the point I was on my way up and didn't want to go downtown yet or else I would have followed them  LOL.  I recognize them form their videos.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a great day for a ride.  Wasn't too hot.  I saw a e-board rider on the way uptown somewhere in the 30's.  Then on the way downtown I saw a girl on a covered Inmotion V8.  Lots of people curious and asking questions like, "how do you accelerate?" "And what is that?"  "How much?"  Also lots of kids shouting, "That is so cool!"

Here is a picture of when I was somewhere near Astoria.

IMG_2238.JPG

59 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Let's do it on the 19th !

Yeah, it looked like rain today (though fortunately not), and more people responded to the 19th, totaling the FB and the votes here, so will setup an FB invite for the 19th and post it all over!

Archived