V8 does low battery tilt at over 40% charge.

ramma

Only had the wheel since April with around 90 miles on it. It's made it below 30% maybe twice since getting it, but now it's refusing to ride much past 40%. Today it did the tilt back and power off thing at 42%, then showed over 50% when turned back on and ridden for a minute, but ultimately turned off with the tilt back after a few minutes. I tried to drain it low in case it's some sort of calibration issue, but it's refusing to even turn on after ~35%. Any more trouble shooting ideas before I bug the aliexpress seller? Or am I just missing something about how the wheel works?

Sounds to me like you have a bad cell or two in the battery pack. You draw a load and the voltage plummets causing the wheel to think the battery is flat. Remove the load and the voltage rises again.

I guess you could try balancing the cells by charging to full, then leaving it on the charger for another few hours, then giving it 30 minutes to rest once the charger is unplugged. I'm not sure if that could help.

I'll give that a try. I thought it was triggering the warning by going to quick on low charge, but after a bit more testing it's really random. Watching the app it'll jump around 2-5%, but I'm guessing that's just inherent in how it measures charge. Still, even after 4 attempts to get it drained past 35% it's reporting near 50%, given it'll even turn on that low (took 2 hours to power on trying every 10-15 minutes).

If you have an  apple device you could install gyrometrics  our darknessbot to gain additional information about what is going on in the wheel, like actual voltage graphs. It could help people cleverer than I to diagnose your issue. If you are android unfortunately I don't know of an app that works with Inmotion yet.

Archived