Does the KS16B has less torque than the Ninebot E+?

Roland

On 6.8.2017 at 0:13 AM, steve454 said:

Is your KS16S set at the hardest setting?  Does the dead-band get larger at the softer setting?

I verified this on my wheel now and I think it doesn't change. The dead-band is definitely there even in the hard setting, and I don't really feel a difference in 'size'. It's somewhat annoying, I hope this will be improved it in a future firmware update. Now that I pay more attention, I can even feel it during normal riding, especially slow riding (< 6kph), and I wish it would go away :wacko:

@Justina revealed on another thread that a new firmware developement for the KS-16S is at an advanced state. Here's hoping that it would help. I must say though that I haven't noticed a dead band on either the hard or medium modes on firmware 1.02. Low RPM motor growl ofcourse, but I don't think that is what you mean.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

@Justina revealed on another thread that a new firmware developement for the KS-16S is at an advanced state. Here's hoping that it would help. I must say though that I haven't noticed a dead band on either the hard or medium modes on firmware 1.02. Low RPM motor growl ofcourse, but I don't think that is what you mean.

Interesting, maybe this is already resolved in 1.02. My wheel still has firmware 1.00 and the app does not show any available upgrade, even though new wheels are shipped with 1.02 for quite a while now. I have no idea why they fail to provide 1.02 as an upgrade to older wheels. I guess this is such a small upgrade that they don't bother to release it just yet.

Archived