Washington, DC

RichieV

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested in joining us on our ride this Saturday on the National Mall, make sure to RSVP on the event posting if you haven't already... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/234634438/ .  I'll email out my cell no. to the yes RSVPs by 10:30am that day.  See you soon!

On 11/21/2016 at 6:32 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Looks like a nice group ride, and hey!  That lady in red next to you @dmethvin has one of those @FORWARD california limited edition Roman Blue wheels!  Very cool.

Yup, I directed her to ForwardCA after I saw a post here about them (it was probably yours...  so thanks)!

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@kour, great to hear.  Make sure to RSVP here https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/238998894/ if you do feel you'll be ready, as I'll post updates about the ride from time to time.  I suggest feeling comfortable enough to be able to start and stop without having to hold onto any posts or similar, and also being able to ride essentially to walking pace as we may get stuck behind other pedestrians at times.  This forum has a wealth of information to get you started and to learn from.  Feel free to post any questions, I'm happy to help.

To everyone else, what happened to this thread?  There used to be so much activity on here.  Have I killed it, is it no longer worth my posting upcoming rides on this forum?

I will be interested in DC area group rides eventually, but I won't be ready in time for this next one.  My first wheel (Inmotion V8) arrives this Friday and I can't wait to scramble up the learning curve.  It's good to know about the meetup group, though.  I'll be on the lookout for future rides.

• Upvote 2

On 4/25/2017 at 0:09 PM, radial said:

My first wheel (Inmotion V8) arrives this Friday and I can't wait to scramble up the learning curve.

Great to see there are some new riders in our area.  And nice first wheel!  I haven't seen an Inmotion in person yet, I look forward to having you join us on a future ride

• Upvote 1

I just took a look at the weather forecast and it appears to be getting better (knock on wood). It currently shows a 35% chance of rain at our start time, then dropping to 10% by the end of our ride. Hopefully, it'll improve even more by tomorrow. In the event there's a greater than 35% chance of rain, we'll need to reschedule (see Rain Policy section). Dates I currently have available for the next couple of months are: Sat. May 27th, Sun. May 28th, Mon. May 29th (Memorial Day), Sat. June 3rd, Sat. June 17th, Sat. June 24th, Sat. July 1st. What does or doesn't work? Thanks!

Today I was riding on the biketrail along Arlington mill Dr to the bus stop near the corner. So I'm standing there and I look up and lo and behold what do I see across the street!? A dude on an euc!! I've been working down there for a long time and, the first day I ride my wheel down there I see a fellow rider?! Awesome! I tried to get his attention but didn't succeed - I guess ill change the address of this post to the rider, in case he's reading: hope I see you again! Keep an eye out!

• Upvote 2