Washington, DC

RichieV

3 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

We did it! The first circumnavigation of the District of Columbia on electric unicycles. Sorry I had to bail early but if you made it back to Georgetown it was mission accomplished. I made it all the way back to Silver Spring on my original charge with plenty to spare, a total of 32.5 miles! 

yessss!

9 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

We did it! The first circumnavigation of the District of Columbia on electric unicycles. Sorry I had to bail early but if you made it back to Georgetown it was mission accomplished. I made it all the way back to Silver Spring on my original charge with plenty to spare, a total of 32.5 miles! 

It was great. And we kept riding even more than that afterwards, after you left and RichieV joined. Mall Area and Golf course, then pitstops to drop everyone off at their departure places throughout DC.

Thanks riders!

@dmethvin

@Acturbo

@LorenW

@kour

@RichieV

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

It was great. And we kept riding even more than that afterwards, after you left and RichieV joined. Mall Area and Golf course, then pitstops to drop everyone off at their departure places throughout DC.

Thanks riders!

@dmethvin

@Acturbo

@LorenW

@kour

@RichieV

Good times.  Thanks for the ride guys.  Sorry for my heavy behind making battery life an issue.  Richie, thanks for letting my try out your ride.  Next time I'm down that way we will have to do it again.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Acturbo said:

Good times.  Thanks for the ride guys.  Sorry for my heavy behind making battery life an issue.  Richie, thanks for letting my try out your ride.  Next time I'm down that way we will have to do it again.  

dude i held everything up with all my bullshit wipeouts so many times - yeah man, next time i gotta try ur wheel.. a missed opportunity!

3 hours ago, RichieV said:

Sorry I could only join in on the tail end of the ride. Still it was great riding with you guys :)

New adventures await, though! When's the next one?? What's a good date?

same here! well, i'll just say i'm workin' this saturday and will be occupied on sunday, so weekend's out for me this time! i have friday off, though

I'd consider driving all the way back if the ride is like last time.  I figured we'd be a hour or 2 and since I was close I'd come along.  40+ miles I was not expecting.  If you guys wanna do another long one I'll come down.  If its gonna be a short trip I'm gonna have to pass unless I'm in the area again.................

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I'd consider driving all the way back if the ride is like last time.  I figured we'd be a hour or 2 and since I was close I'd come along.  40+ miles I was not expecting.  If you guys wanna do another long one I'll come down.  If its gonna be a short trip I'm gonna have to pass unless I'm in the area again.................

yeah i wasn't expecting that, either! that's the longest i've ever ridden!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know when we last rode together a number of you expressed interest in heading up to New York for the group ride there.  If anyone is interested I will likely go for the meetup on the 19th.  If anyone really wants to go I'd be glad to meet you halfway and drive the last leg of the trip since I am closer.  

The Citi streets event will be going on.  Basically 6 miles of NYC city streets closed to play on.  Here's a link to the citi streets event:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/summerstreets/html/home/home.shtml

Here's a link to group ride thread:

16 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I know when we last rode together a number of you expressed interest in heading up to New York for the group ride there.  If anyone is interested I will likely go for the meetup on the 19th.  If anyone really wants to go I'd be glad to meet you halfway and drive the last leg of the trip since I am closer. 

I will be going (unless rain is forecasted). But yeah, count me in for carpooling.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

I will be going (unless rain is forecasted). But yeah, count me in for carpooling.

Ditto with the weather forecast.  I still have your number Edwin.  We will talk assuming the weather is looking good.  I'm assuming you would be coming up 95?  Could meet somewhere right off 95 in Delaware.  If not coming down 95 let me know and we will figure it out.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's last minute, but I'm meeting up with some Boosted Board riders tomorrow (Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017) at 9am at Big Walnut Park (https://parks.arlingtonva.us/locations/big-walnut-park/) in Arlington, VA.  We'll be doing the Arlington Loop along the Custis, Mount Vernon, Four Mile Run, and W&OD trails.  Should be around 18 miles give or take.  It would be great to have some more EUC riders in the mix.  Because of their limited range, the Boosted board riders will have to take several stops to charge up; this will not be a continuous ride through the loop.  The charging stops will be opportunities for lunch and coffee breaks, as well as topping off your wheel if needed.

• Upvote 2

I've had a crazy busy summer, and haven't had much time to plan any rides for the Meetup group.  But I finally have some breathing room.  I have a busy fall, but looking ahead, I have the following dates available for a ride:

• Sun. Oct. 8th
  • Sat. Oct. 28th
  • Sat. Nov. 11th
  • Sun. Nov. 19th

I know they're far out, but I need to plan ahead.

What dates work / don't work for others?

Sundays are almost always better for group rides than Saturdays, i'd say. Therefore those have my vote. So, October 8th seems like a good choice....