Demon Flexmeter - Sizing and Proper Fit

Good thing I have two pairs! There are issues in some parts of the construction (I wear mine daily) where some of the elastic straps are not sewn in very well and they start unraveling over time. They still work but definitely things to improve on. Plus the skid plate on the palm still has some detachment issues under heavy use even after the redesign. That being said I would almost certainly have seriously injured myself at least once if I didn't have them so I hope they do improve them and make them available again soon.

• Like 1

On 1.2.2018 at 3:40 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I finally ordered the Flexmeters, size L, for hand width 20-20.5 cm and hand length 18.5-19 cm. Probably better than M. Will tell if they fit.

Small update: I got them (L) and they seem to fit well (maybe 5mm shorter would be ideal). Going by @WARPed1701D's really helpful pictures on the first page, the M are significantly smaller, and I'm pretty sure they would be borderline too small for my measurements. So the "in doubt go bigger" worked for me.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
clarification
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Small update: I got them (L) and they seem to fit well (maybe 5mm shorter would be ideal). Going by @WARPed1701D's really helpful pictures on the first page, the M are significantly smaller, and I'm pretty sure they would be borderline too small for my measurements. So the "in doubt go bigger" worked for me.

I'm glad this thread is proving helpful. :clap3: And thanks for posting your experience to confirm my findings. It will help the next guy/girl to feel more confident in their sizing decision.

Yes the mediums were significantly smaller as you can see in the pics. It caused discomfort around my wrist bone and the flex hinge on the upper plate was in the wrong place.

Like you I'd prefer the upper plate to be just a bit shorter over the top of the hand but the fit of the large size was much better than the medium.

I really must do my G-Form review, especially in light of Dan's fall and injury. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Very helpful!

Maybe the length of the M might juuuuust have worked for me (not sure exactl where the flex zone is supposed to be), but they would probably too tight as well. The L is nice in that regard, and I can still get cloth gloves underneath them as they're flexible enough.

• 1 year later...

Just ordered a pair. Holy moly these are hard to find where I live. All shops only seem to carry the snowboard type with gloves ... Had to resort to ebay.co.uk to find a pair. Only 1 seller on Amazon in France and he doesn't ship to my country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Just ordered a pair. Holy moly these are hard to find where I live. All shops only seem to carry the snowboard type with gloves ... Had to resort to ebay.co.uk to find a pair. Only 1 seller on Amazon in France and he doesn't ship to my country.

Hopefully you find them worth the effort to get. I still love mine. I'm on my second pair because one of them got damaged badly during my faceplant crash in November. The second pair is of the same quality, so they have consistent manufacturing processes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hopefully you find them worth the effort to get. I still love mine. I'm on my second pair because one of them got damaged badly during my faceplant crash in November. The second pair is of the same quality, so they have consistent manufacturing processes.

And luckily for me I am not on the boundary between 2 sizes on the sizing charts, so choosing the right size was pretty easy. L it is :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Bought them here. It's a German adress but a Dutch shop, I believe. Very fast delivery and they asked to confirm my selected size was the right one for my hands, which is a nice extra.

https://wintersport-online-shop.de/snowboard-wristguard-flexmeter-d3o

That's where I bought my pair.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

Seems I'll have to order them there too. The ebay seller is out of stock.

BTW pretty silly they only support bank transfer and no other online payment options.

Yes, that is beyond silly.

• 3 months later...

I am currently hunting for wrist protection.  My supplies ewheel guards are getting passed on to my wife and I need something a little more robust.  Are these flexmeter really the best way to go ?  As a bartender I can’t break a wrist or I’ll be going hungry. Lol.  So wrist protection is a must when I ride my nikola full out. Will these handle a 30mph fall ? 

37 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

I can’t seem to find anything but small and medium online anywhere.  Anyone have a link for large size flexmeters

They sell out from time to time. I'd call Demon and ask for an ETA for the next container shipment from China. They can be hard to reach by phone, so keep trying. They are located in Utah (mountain daylight time).

Btw, I suggest you order two pairs when they come back in stock. The stretch fabric wears out rather quickly, and it's easy to poke holes in it with your nails or create a tear if you overstretch it, e.g., wearing thin gloves underneath them.

Be sure to ask for a 15% discount if you order direct from them over the phone. I think regular shipping is free if the order is over $100.00 USD.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

I can’t seem to find anything but small and medium online anywhere.  Anyone have a link for large size flexmeters

Give this online store a go, they seem to be about the only ones showing stock for size Large at present: Flexmeter's size Large

• 2 months later...