First ride

Catlord17

15 hours ago, Catlord17 said:

I keep wanting to get rid of the leash, and every time I do, I need it again.  

Just don't. I don't plan on riding without. I did order a smaller one, because the luggage strap looks quite bulky.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just amazed.  Lately every time I ride this thing, I discover that I can magically do something new that I couldn't do just yesterday.  Tonight, I found that I had somehow learned how to do turns, and donuts, and figure 8's, and very tight turns in most attempts were successful.  Very slow riding also seems to have suddenly become possible.  Mounting is usually successful in 1-2 tries now, instead of 1-3.  And I can stop and step off at almost a stand still now, at will.

Just blown away.  I wish I had more time to ride today/yesterday!

6 hours ago, Catlord17 said:

I am just amazed.  Lately every time I ride this thing, I discover that I can magically do something new that I couldn't do just yesterday.  Tonight, I found that I had somehow learned how to do turns, and donuts, and figure 8's, and very tight turns in most attempts were successful.  Very slow riding also seems to have suddenly become possible.  Mounting is usually successful in 1-2 tries now, instead of 1-3.  And I can stop and step off at almost a stand still now, at will.

Just blown away.  I wish I had more time to ride today/yesterday!

And now it just becomes more and more fun...

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

And now it just becomes more and more fun...

as a rank outsider looking in that's great for you and great to hear. mine should be arriving within hours.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

as a rank outsider looking in that's great for you and great to hear. mine should be arriving within hours.

There were times when I wondered if I would ever get it, but as usual, all it needs is patience, persistence and determination.  So just remember that if and when things get frustrating.  

Congrats on yours arriving within hours!  That moment when it arrives is pretty amazing.

Which one did you order?

@Catlord17 the two coming today by ups supposedly are ninebot one s2(the 15mph one) and a KingSong KS-18s. tomorrow fedex is bringing a KS-16s. pretty much got it covered except for the monster and now i'll wait for that tractor tire ninebot.

well, the ninebot came, shortly after Bob and I left the gate. it came from CA so ship monday deliver friday is about right. i keep getting notifications from ups about delivering the Ks/18s today coming from china but not on that truck evidently. like no tracking on the china package at all. fedex shows movement on the ks-16 to be delivered tmrw, so who knows. ordered the ks-18 after the 16 so thought it weird beating it here. anyway all good. Bob rode to the gate in the polaris with me and after waiting and getting eat up by mosquitoes i gave up and was ready to drive back but Bob didn'tvwant to ride so we got some leash/wheel training in and he ran along side of the polaris. pretty much a gallop for him, he hit twenty, he was good. this is gonna work if i can ride these half ass. the shipping box is nice, dji like. that's kinda shat i'm expecting as soon as Bob gives me a chance to look at it. that's my pretty boy Bob waiting at the gate.

IMG_4406.JPG

this is interesting. of course UPS has no idea where the ks-18s is, still claiming it's coming today, but the guy saw it scanned in on wednesday in CA. i said no way anybody can drive that fast. ninebot packaging is very nice but this really isn't what I ordered. thought mine was gonna be white. i think i got Sheldon Cooper's instead or my identity has been compromised.

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

What. The.  Heck.  :blink:

They really are rolling with this whole Batman theme it seems.  Did they purchase rights to the franchise?  Where in the world does one even order a special Batman edition Ninebot S2?

EDIT:  Ew, Google shows this:

http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/550573934860

https://www.englishtaobao.net/product/550573934860/

https://scooterhelden.de/ninebot/330-ninebot-one-s2-batman-edition-onewheel-elektrisches-einrad.html

http://mi-room.ru/predstavleno-monokoleso-ninebot-one-s2-batman/

Sheldon will NOT be happy.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

this is interesting. of course UPS has no idea where the ks-18s is, still claiming it's coming today, but the guy saw it scanned in on wednesday in CA. i said no way anybody can drive that fast. ninebot packaging is very nice but this really isn't what I ordered. thought mine was gonna be white. i think i got Sheldon Cooper's instead or my identity has been compromised.

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

Very cool!

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

What. The.  Heck.  :blink:

They really are rolling with this whole Batman theme it seems.  Did they purchase rights to the franchise?  Where in the world does one even order a special Batman edition Ninebot S2?

EDIT:  Ew, Google shows this:

http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/550573934860

Maybe they are investors in the franchise?:ph34r:

You know though, slap a "Batman" sticker or emblem on any Gotway wheel, and basically you have yourself a special Batman edition EUC.  :whistling:

Xiaomi is a giant cell phone product company so I wouldn't put it past them to make this legit.  They bought Segway so they have quite the monetary backing behind them.  With Segway and Ninebot in the US, I doubt they would risk copyright infringement from DC Comics.

nice packaging. still surprised how solid and heavy it feels. captain america would be more like it. u could do some damage if u were man enough to sling this thing.

stickers = more speed

48 minutes ago, novazeus said:

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

That's amazing haha. Well if there is an EUC in the next batman movie maybe ninebot will sell a bunch more of them to kids? You need to get that thing beat up, batman is supposed to be gritty and dark these days. Just don't watch the old TV show...

I think at this point the only hope an EUC has of becoming a popular form of transport is if kids embrace them.  Kids learn easier than adults, and the vast majority of adults - at least in the United States - are going to be too lazy to put in the effort.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love @Catlord17 ur right about padding it up. the reason i ordered everything white is because the white would be easier to buff out hide scratches etc plus not hit 150 degrees on the shell, like at the beach. u do know who sheldon cooper is? yeah on the kids thing, i actually was talking about this to a guy trying to build this sports center for kids inquiring about my property. he said he showed it to his camp kids and they were all about it. couple of ninebots promo videos. so, who knows, this is how stuff gets going. personally i think the batman thing is a little cheesy but it's different. very pretty, hate to ride it with it's black anodized pedals. since i'm too lazy to figure out or download that program, a little bigger image would be nice. to much blank space in my sig.

being a pc guy all i ever heard was how great apple was with graphics and working with them. the two computers i built for myself i think would blow apple away. i don't think the have that oomph to render maps/plans like i work with. can't even resize a photo or crop it.

Archived