KingSong warranty service

Xoltri

Recently my KS16 was making a scraping noise when hitting bumps.  I took it apart and found that the axle was starting to crack.  I'm 100kg and have about 2800km on the wheel according to the app.

xZsHnaz.jpg

I purchased this direct from KingSong in 2016 and luckily it was still in warranty.  Kingsong agreed to send me a new motor, although I had to pay for shipping as well as $13US for new pillars as the new motor has a 2mm thicker axle and is not compatible with the old pillars. It was about $98 US total.  They were great to deal with, the support person gave me her WhatsApp number for faster communication.

I did run into a snag when installing it though, as it appears they did not machine the rounded channel in the top of the pillar.  I was doing this at the lake and didn't have access to my power tools, but luckily the neighbor had a bench grinder and I was able to grind out a matching channel.

xSe05MT.jpg

It's back in business now, and hopefully this won't be an issue in the future with the new thicker axle.

It is good to hear the manufacturer is providing good after sales support. Hearing things like this always inspires confidence in a high price purchase. It is a shame you had to pay shipping though. Really I would think they should have covered that too as this is clearly a warranty failure and not a small amount in your case.

Archived