Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Aspects of Riding to Practice

28 posts in this topic

Personally, I need to proactively work on very tight turns. I like how some people can place one foot on the ground and pivot around the foot to do a 180. New challenge (self-inflicted) accepted :)

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

9.  Thowing footballs while riding.    Nope not for me after watching @dbfrese.  :blink:  Same goes for riding with an umbrella in moderate winds.  Done that, big mistake!

On both accounts we've done the EUC community a great service in trying to push the boundaries and yet demonstrating that there are places where boundaries should not be pushed any longer. If there were only some sort of medal, we would both be quite deserving...

Riding on top of my wheel. When you have wheels come with seat (KS18, Monster, Msuper, or any other wheels that i haven't encountered) this could be a challenge. 

I still can't ride reverse... long way to go..

23 minutes ago, Sven said:

Riding on top of my wheel. When you have wheels come with seat (KS18, Monster, Msuper, or any other wheels that i haven't encountered) this could be a challenge. 

Great video. OK, now I expect to see you riding your Monster while standing on the seat, surfing style. With all of that surface area it should be a piece of cake :D

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah you talking 'bout me?  597878_garysmiley.jpg  Sure, sure I'll take that.  Yes we both have contributed so much in pushing boundaries and discovering the limits to those boundaries.  <high five! :thumbup:>

Actually I'm quite surprised that I haven't been kicked off and banned from the forums yet (ahem), but surely someone higher up (looking at you @John Eucist) must appreciate the value of boundary pushing that we bring to the table.  I'm all about pushing those limits!  How about some kinda medal, John?  :w00t2:  I think it's about time?  :efefe00999: <queue the crickets>

You mean we should esteem your efforts by introducing some at least some short time bans - bronze 10 mins, silber 30 mins and for gold medall  one hour B)... or did i get something wrong?

:blink: 

:mellow:

Okaaaay okay nevermind!  <_<  I guess we can do without medals.  The pure honor of knowing we are highly esteemed amongst our one wheeled riding peers will suffice.  :cry2:  

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video. OK, now I expect to see you riding your Monster while standing on the seat, surfing style. With all of that surface area it should be a piece of cake :D

That guy from Futurewheels has some good instructional videos.  Unfortunately, they are subtitled, but they are brief.  I'm pretty sure he is the distributor for rebranded Kingsongs in Denmark.

3 hours ago, Sven said:

But sitting down it should be easy, because you don't have to keep the feet on the pedals.

25 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That guy from Futurewheels has some good instructional videos.  Unfortunately, they are subtitled, but they are brief.  I'm pretty sure he is the distributor for rebranded Kingsongs in Denmark.

Close.....just missed a bit ;-)

Futurewheels are a company from the Netherlands...unfortunately they have only sold the 14b/c and no other wheels from KS.

So in the moment it seams they are pretty much out of business.

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

This trick is high on my priority list!

stz0rpD.jpg

I love that video.  That guy is insanely good.  I just wish he made more videos!  Very inspiring.

4 hours ago, Sven said:

super fun video!  Riding on top like that look sooooo hard!  I'm surprised they did so well at it.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm all about pushing those limits!  How about some kinda medal

Maybe you'll be the first ++ member:efeeda4ad8:

6 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I love that video.  That guy is insanely good.  I just wish he made more videos!  Very inspiring.

I blame him completely for getting me into this infernal sport.  

HermantheGerman, I think it was, had a thread a month or two ago laying out his hopes for developing a skills-development course for his local riders club.  From elementary to more advanced.

Slalom seems one from his list that would be good to include here.  And of course if you like dufisthenics youtube vids, riding while drinking coffee. :)

I wish I could say jumping, but despite seeing tons of videos with people doing it, it seems to be generally recommended against.  I suppose that must be all the more so if you're not a true lightweight.

1 minute ago, Dingfelder said:

HermantheGerman, I think it was, had a thread a month or two ago laying out his hopes for developing a skills-development course for his local riders club.  From elementary to more advanced.

Slalom seems one from his list that would be good to include here.  And of course if you like dufisthenics youtube vids, riding while drinking coffee. :)

I wish I could say jumping, but despite seeing tons of videos with people doing it, it seems to be generally recommended against.  I suppose that must be all the more so if you're not a true lightweight.

From the videos posted here, I get the impression that some / a lot of people ride their wheels in a linear fashion.  Not me, I like to carve even when I'm nominally going in a straight line.  I'm always in better control when I'm riding slightly counter to the straight line.  And it keeps the feet from going numb.  

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Coming to a full stop, pausing slightly, and going is a handy skill to learn.  I usually come to stops at stop signs and look around before proceeding.  I think it impresses drivers as they see me roll to a pause and go

I've recently started practicing that, I find that my feeling of balance is getting stronger, to the point that sometimes I can go backwards a few feet and then go forwards again.  I can't ride backward more than a few feet, but the pause and go is fun.

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I've recently started practicing that, I find that my feeling of balance is getting stronger, to the point that sometimes I can go backwards a few feet and then go forwards again.  I can't ride backward more than a few feet, but the pause and go is fun.

Yeah, I use stop lights now to practice my backward riding skills. Still not as smooth as I'd like because I know that there are a lot of eyes on me and that screws with my success rate :(

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I use stop lights now to practice my backward riding skills

You ride backwards pretty well already, I saw some of your videos.  I use the step offs while trying to learn backwards riding to practice getting on with the other foot.:(  I can get on with either foot, but can only step off with the same foot as always.:P

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

You ride backwards pretty well already, I saw some of your videos.  I use the step offs while trying to learn backwards riding to practice getting on with the other foot.:(  I can get on with either foot, but can only step off with the same foot as always.:P

Thanks. I'm still not very consistent, so that only comes with lots of practice.

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

He must have had training in gymnastics in order to perform some of his fantastic tricks! He actually has quit a few videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9aYcb8ktwYNFYjHVQ_N_1A

6 hours ago, radial said:

From the videos posted here, I get the impression that some / a lot of people ride their wheels in a linear fashion.  Not me, I like to carve even when I'm nominally going in a straight line.  I'm always in better control when I'm riding slightly counter to the straight line.  And it keeps the feet from going numb.  

It seems like a fun way to move. I used to do that on my bike and with rollerblades all the time.