Gotway iOS App

Hi Guys,

Running the MSuper v3 - 820W version. Been using the Gotway iOS app v2.3.1, and having issues with the ride mode.

- Soft is.. Sluggish, as the name implies

- Comfort mode is not bad

- Powerful, basically no difference in response vs Comfort mode.. Something seems wrong. Should there not be a significant difference in the response?

Thanks

2 hours ago, PK1 said:

Hi Guys,

Running the MSuper v3 - 820W version. Been using the Gotway iOS app v2.3.1, and having issues with the ride mode.

- Powerful, basically no difference in response vs Comfort mode.. Something seems wrong. Should there not be a significant difference in the response?

Thanks

There is certainly a noticeable difference between the different modes. Bit the hardest mode is not super hard. This is all very subjective. Maybe it does change but you just can't tell the difference. I would switch to Soft and confirm that it's soft. Then go straight to the hardest mode and make sure you aren't be accident touching the Comfort mode by mistake. And difference?

Hi Marty,

When running 'Soft', it's really noticeable - no mistaking.

I'll give it a go once more, but as mentioned, no noticeable diff between 'Comfort' and 'Powerful'.

Meantime, thanks for the tip.

I'm kinda curious how it's going for you... I just got my MSuper V3s+ a week ago and I took it for a spin before I finally got the app working. If I read these posts more carefully I would have figured it out sooner... Maybe reading instead of eating Chinese would have helped too... Anyway I am ready to get out of comfort mode and see how badly I can hurt myself... I became an expert on my Airwheel X3 where I have learned many lessons and found that I should be terrified of going 10 mph and paying attention to the squirrels... Windsurfing is much less painful I will say... Best thing I got was a girl friend who is a chiropractor... Good Luck!!

On 17. Juli 2017 at 11:48 AM, PK1 said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

With my MSuper V3s+ 1600W 84V version, there is a clear difference between all three modes. I am also running the iOS app v2.3.1. So there should only be the difference in battery power, which should not deflect on the riding modes, right?

I agree, the difference - even though noticible- is not so significant when you switch up from comfort to powerful mode but when you switch down from powerful to comfort it feels clearly different. Similar to the suspension of a sports car compared to a sporty sedan. 

Well.. I suppose, but honestly, i can't feel any difference. Not to mention this iOS app is no longer available (thus no longer supported..). The only use it had is setting the ride mode. Wish there was a third party app that could set the ride mode..

On 24. Juli 2017 at 0:51 PM, PK1 said:

Well.. I suppose, but honestly, i can't feel any difference. Not to mention this iOS app is no longer available (thus no longer supported..). The only use it had is setting the ride mode. Wish there was a third party app that could set the ride mode..

Well, I use (and  need) it to set the ride mode (since my MSuper and my ACM both sometimes resets themselves to "Soft-mode" and I haven't figured out when exactly and why they do that). I mostly ride in "powerful mode" but use the soft mode once in a while for fun, since it feels a bit like flying. I call it the "Harry Potter Mode" lol.

I also use the app for setting the alarms and cutting off the tilt up. So it is not that completely useless for me. Let's hope GW comes out with something better.

26 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Well, I use (and  need) it to set the ride mode (since my MSuper and my ACM both sometimes resets themselves to "Soft-mode" and I haven't figured out when exactly and why they do that). I mostly ride in "powerful mode" but use the soft mode once in a while for fun, since it feels a bit like flying. I call it the "Harry Potter Mode" lol.

I also use the app for setting the alarms and cutting off the tilt up. So it is not that completely useless for me. Let's hope GW comes out with something better.

As an alternative to IOS users, I recommend buying a super cheap Android phone (Walmart special for $25) that is dedicated to the wheel. Then you can install the non-social version of the Gotway app (see download section of this forum) which will not reset your wheel settings. And with the Android phone you can then use the WheelLog app which is far superior to the Gotway app for monitoring your wheel while riding.

I just got my first wheel and it's a Gotway ACM 1300wh 84v.  First ten minutes of learning sucked, but was able to ride up and down a grassy hill about 30 yards each direction after that.  I'm not riding correctly yet but I have noticed that the peddles are very toe down.  When I first turn on the wheel I can see the wheel adjust itself to this toe down position.  Does it do this from the factory so that beginners can't accelerate too quickly?  I use an iphone 6 and was able to download gyrometrics and connect to my wheel.  However, I can't adjust the wheel.  I don't see any app for Gotway in the itunes app store.  Where are you guys getting your Gotway app from?  Does it have a peddle adjustment for riding comfort?

38 minutes ago, Hoser said:

I just got my first wheel and it's a Gotway ACM 1300wh 84v.  First ten minutes of learning sucked, but was able to ride up and down a grassy hill about 30 yards each direction after that.  I'm not riding correctly yet but I have noticed that the peddles are very toe down.  When I first turn on the wheel I can see the wheel adjust itself to this toe down position.  Does it do this from the factory so that beginners can't accelerate too quickly?  I use an iphone 6 and was able to download gyrometrics and connect to my wheel.  However, I can't adjust the wheel.  I don't see any app for Gotway in the itunes app store.  Where are you guys getting your Gotway app from?  Does it have a peddle adjustment for riding comfort?

Sometimes the wheels come from the factory needing calibration, as yours does. You must re-calibrate the wheel so that the pedals are level when you turn on the wheel.

My understanding is that the Gotway app is available from the iTunes store.

I'm sure if you do some searches on this Forum you will find directions on how to calibrate the wheel and where to get the IOS app.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

As an alternative to IOS users, I recommend buying a super cheap Android phone (Walmart special for $25) that is dedicated to the wheel. Then you can install the non-social version of the Gotway app (see download section of this forum) which will not reset your wheel settings. And with the Android phone you can then use the WheelLog app which is far superior to the Gotway app for monitoring your wheel while riding.

Your advice is dead on Marty! I took your suggestion last week and I'm very pleased! Time for me to combine all of the data now.;)

Archived