KS16S: Which iOS and Android Apps will work

OneWheeler

8 hours ago, OneWheeler said:

Bought one. Will come this week. App seems not to be neccessary. Better than expected. :)

Mine hopefully, too!

you'll need the original ks app to unlock the speed limit once and to set alarms and tilt back. Also for future firmware updates.

just current and speed imho changed from unsigned to signed (forward and backward riding is distinguished), but the app does not support this by now.

there are good chances that gyrometrics ( former 9bmetrics) supports this - its also nice for logging all the wheels data of a ride, in case you are interested in this.

Next week I'll get a used Android mobile from a colleague. The Android app seems to be more up to date (hopefully) than the iOS one. This gives me the possibility to compare both apps.

(Wien? Muss ich auch noch mal hin :) mmh, ca. 1.000 km :huh:)

• 2 weeks later...

The official KingSong app works fine on iPhone6 running iOS 10.3.2, and has connected dozens of times without a fault. Darknessbot and Gyrometrics both connect, but IIRC both show some values way off. Not updated to the 16S I think.

Gyrometrics needs a few tricks to connect for the first time, but after that it connects automatically. You have to disconnect the KS app before connecting with Darknessbot.

The official app is the one I use as I tend to switch the riding mode occasionally, and don't really need other info than battery level and distance travelled.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 6:40 PM, mrelwood said:

The official KingSong app works fine on iPhone6 running iOS 10.3.2, and has connected dozens of times without a fault. Darknessbot and Gyrometrics both connect, but IIRC both show some values way off. Not updated to the 16S I think.

Gyrometrics needs a few tricks to connect for the first time, but after that it connects automatically. You have to disconnect the KS app before connecting with Darknessbot.

The official app is the one I use as I tend to switch the riding mode occasionally, and don't really need other info than battery level and distance travelled.

The official app is the one I use most often, I just like to see total distance and battery level also.

Archived