Steep Learning Curve

RayRay

I say give up now while you still can.  You'll just end up learning how to ride really well, zoom past slow moving pedestrians and bicyclists struggling up hills, and you end up getting an obsession to want to ride as often as you can, where ever you can (lookin' at chu Marty :whistling:) regardless of what the authorities tell you.   Then comes the celebrity status where all of a sudden you're the cool guy who rides that one wheel.  B)  Yeah, you enjoy it while you can until some yahoo yells something stupid at you, and all that comes crashing down like a house of cards.  :cry2:

Trust me - I know!  I ride where it's technically illegal :ph34r: so you end up breaking the law too.  It's just a downward spiral where you will soon find that your wheel just doesn't cut it in terms of speed or range so then you want to upgrade.  The bank account gets drained.  That $400 cheapo generic wheel turns into a $800 Ninebot brand name wheel that satisfies your needs only for a short while, and then you start eyeing the good stuff - the $1500-3000 megawatt hour rides.  :blink:   You get the shakes every time other riders talk about their non-stop 100 km trips that they document on Google Maps and their three hour long journeys laughing all the way while you cry yourself to sleep at night dreading that limp mode tiltback at 20% battery after 16 measly kilometres on your old Ninebot.  :crying:  

But wait, there's more!  You also end up seeking hardcore riding where you want to climb massive, steep hills that will burn out your wheel's electronics.  It's more more more and never-ending.  There is no EUCs-anonymous.  You end up seeking out other thrill seekers who need a hit so you end up in group rides or search around for others who want to "wheel" with you and swap rides just to try out their wheel of choice.  It's worse than crack cocaine :w00t2:, and they both will faceplant you if you overdo it on either of them.  Or both of them.  :innocent1:  Stop while you still can!!!!  I'd tell you more horror stories, but I have to rush home to apply another coat of wax on "Precious."  :ph34r:

Cool guy eh...?

You mean I don't need all this gear to be cool?

51f0Q1brtZL.jpg
EVS Sports Wrister 2.0 Gloves

51MCqb0QmEL._SL1001_.jpg
Leatt C-Frame Knee Brace

61p0Dn-fqFL._SL1200_.jpg
Bell Transfer-9 (Bicycling?) Helmet (w/breakaway camera mount)

71-C1h3xDRL._SL1400_.jpg
Joe Cool Rocket Boots (or something like that)

71J+0RawsyL._SL1400_.jpg
 Joe Rocket Speedmaster 2.0 Back Protector

819-PCqeYfL._SL1500_.jpg
Motorcycle Elbow pads that match ensemble...

Not giving up! I managed to get out and practice again (finally)... Steady improvement to report - (even after only a few brief practice rides spaced out over several months). I had thought of selling my wheel initially, but even though it's very tough at first, (at least the first couple of rides), I'm starting to think: "I can do this"!

Here's a brief example of a wobbly practice run over the weekend. Not so hot, but other runs (that same day) went much better... :efee47c9c8:

Archived