My ACM V2s+ Wiring Harness

Marty Backe

11 hours ago, Goodman said:

Not as advanced as @Rehab1 but just as cool in the solution, well done.

My protectors were Amazon easy. @Marty Backe had a great amount of time separating his wires. His solution might be the answer!

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

You and @Rehab1 are improving the wheels, I hope Gotway is taking some of these ideas.

It is interesting to see improvements being implemented by Gotway following research posted on this forum. Marty's video was definitely the impetus for upgrading the firmware . Still not sure what the GW engineers did.

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The next time I open any of my other wheels I'll be adding some zip ties near the connector as cheap insurance.

A simple trick I use after installing zip ties:  Heat up the tip of a butter knife or screw driver and then melt the ends of the plastic ties so they are flush with the body. 

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Funny how people here, you included, are doing the good work of gradual improvements that really the manufacturers should be doing...:whistling:

@Marty Backe, did you receive a GW advisory employment contract yet?  :)

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hopefully with the wire bundle sleeve that should protect the wires passing through the axle as they are fed through.  They may have increased the channel diameter as well?  Hard to say.

They did not increase the inner shaft diameter. I am glad they did use a sleeve to protect the wires because the shaft was full of sharp edges. I had to use a dremel and sandpaper to smooth the shaft before pulling my previous 14awg motor wires.

euGi1dv.jpg

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My protectors were Amazon easy. @Marty Backe had a great amount of time separating his wires. His solution might be the answer!

It is interesting to see improvements being implemented by Gotway following research posted on this forum. Marty's video was definitely the impetus for upgrading the firmware . Still not sure what the GW engineers did.

A simple trick I use after installing zip ties:  Heat up the tip of a butter knife or screw driver and then melt the ends of the plastic ties so they are flush with the body. 

@Marty Backe, did you receive a GW advisory employment contract yet?  :)

Great tip regarding the zip ties. Although I could never spend the 8 hours that it would take to 'butter' the ends of all of these zip ties, if I only have a few I'm going to remember this.

I'm still waiting for my royalty check for all the free advertising I give them with the ad on my helmet :D

Adding sleeving just make the problem worst by keeping the heat inside and melting with less power. 

Without bigger cables, best compromise is separation and shortest length. Wire resistance is by the foot so shorter wires will generate less heat. 

I would not have extended the motor phase cables because that is more resistance and more heat. 

I like the zip ties. Not sure about the heat rating on them. Maybe transformer binding string might hold better. 

1 hour ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Adding sleeping just make the problem worst by keeping the heat inside and melting with less power. 

Witjout bigger cables, best compromise is separation and shortest length. Wire resistance is by the foot so shorter wires will generate less heat. 

I would not have extended the motor phase cables because that is more resistance and more heat. 

Inlike the zip ties. Not sure about the heat rations on them. Maybe transformer binding string might hold better. 

It's not a science, but this is my approach. Maybe I'll open it in a month or two and see if I notice any heat affects.

Archived