Who wants your old king song pedals longer?

Bryan Wells

If anyone on here wants your stock old style ks14 or ks18 pedales enlarged please pm me for details. I have done a few already and all have been very successful with both fit and finish as well as longevity. Pedal length increased to 9". We can go longer if you weigh under 160lbs safely 

max weight of rider we have tested this on is over 245lbs and he rides pretty rough, had zero issues.

$53 to have them done and that includes return shipping to your USA* address. (Does not includ initially shipping them to me in Washington)

image.jpg

That's a handy service to provide.  :thumbup:  Way back I suggested that EUC makers do something like this from the start - have a common bottom support onto which different sized top foot plates could be secured.  Makers could then sell accesories with varying foot sized pedal attachments.

On 7/15/2017 at 11:50 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's a handy service to provide.  :thumbup:  Way back I suggested that EUC makers do something like this from the start - have a common bottom support onto which different sized top foot plates could be secured.  Makers could then sell accesories with varying foot sized pedal attachments.

Thanks @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I  totally understand the frustration with us American foot sizes (And others with big feet) lol.  Yeah just send over your shoe size and your weight and I can determine how big of pedal you should get and what shape you would like. 

The nice thing about the pedal I have come out with is that even at Max lean angle the pedal and the extension hit the ground at nearly the exact same time with the original pedal taking most of the scrape,  you should not have the extension digging into the ground or getting ripped off by a curb with this design.

I just have size 9 or 9.5 feet so they are not so big, but they are a bit wider than average.  :whistling:  Good for stability!   I find my Ninebot pedals are a good size for me already.  Are you still using the rivots to attach the foot plates?  Do they hold up well to accidents?  I guess a bolt/nut arrangement would be a lot more difficult to get working with that grip tape cover and the sloped surface of the pedal bottom.

Super Awesome, those are my pedels, thank you so much Bryan. Can't wait to try them.

After doing many wheel pedals now i have realized i sadly have to raise the price to make the time and effort worth it. Currently the $53 was only to cover the cost of materials and return shipping. so i have not actually made a dime doing these mods, more as a hobby. As i can only have so much time in the evenings to work on the hobby i have had to make the choice of raising the price to $100 for a set. Sorry About the news guys! I'd still be very happy to modify your rides!

• 1 month later...

May we assume you are using about 4mm alu?

For those of us here in Europe or other places to far to ship cost effectively, and for all the other D I Y guys out there, if you do not mind let us know exactly how thick and exactly of what grade of alu you found works best please.

Thanks in advance!

UKJ

Archived