Msuper v3 s+ 84v or Acm s+

Little bit of my story,  i bought a gotway msuper 18 680wh little over a year ago. Its the mid speed so 3 beeps is around 18mph. Im 180lbs. Its super fun and i love it. Just isnt as fast as i hoped. I go offroad grass/stone side walks and on the street of a small town. not much inclines at all. Flat land ohio. Ive put over 300miles.

So what im wondering is

Whats the difference in the speeds of both the msuperv3 84 and the Acm 84

Real life speeds not gotway app speeds

Dont they have the same motor? 

Is the 18 over the 16 that big of a difference offroad on grass? Side walk bumps? Uneven sidewalks

Is the 16 even really that much more nimble? Does it take turns and curves in sidewalks faster?

Does the 16 actually accelerate quicker?

Ive tried looking into it and i drove my gfs ninebot e+ 16 320wh off road and on and tested it for like 10 hours but its just lighter cause small battery and seems skinny so i dont think its a good comparison to the acm 84v 1300wh +

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Ive read ever post about firmware and the problems gotway had. Seems like its been fixed. 

17 minutes ago, TaxMoneyStreams said:

Little bit of my story,  i bought a gotway msuper 18 680wh little over a year ago. Its the mid speed so 3 beeps is around 18mph. Im 180lbs. Its super fun and i love it. Just isnt as fast as i hoped. I go offroad grass/stone side walks and on the street of a small town. not much inclines at all. Flat land ohio. Ive put over 300miles.

So what im wondering is

Is the 18 over the 16 that big of a difference offroad on grass? Side walk bumps? Uneven sidewalks

Is the 16 even really that much more nimble? Does it take turns and curves in sidewalks faster?

Ive tried looking into it and i drove my gfs ninebot e+ 16 320wh off road and on and tested it for like 10 hours but its just lighter cause small battery and seems skinny so i dont think its a good comparison to the acm 84v 1300wh +

Ive read ever post about firmware and the problems gotway had. Seems like its been fixed. 

You seam to have an "old" Msuper v2....

The V3 67 Volt/Acm 67 volt run about 45 kmh....

The V3+/Acm 84 VOLT run about 55kmh....

Convert that yourself ;-)

16inch wheels in general have more torque, so accelerate faster....but are not as stable as 18inch wheels!

And i would say, yes thats a big difference as the 18inch wheels also have wider tires...2,5 inch instead of 2,125 on the 16s

I guess they have the same motor(internally), except the 18" has a bigger rim. They share almost the same mainboard as well. This is even true for 22" Monster.

Therefore small wheels have more torque while big wheels have more speed.

I alternated between both the ACM S+ 1600wh and the MSuper S+ 1600wh for a whole afternoon in London thanks to @Eddrush. The ACM is more "fun", indeed more nimble but at high speeds I don't feel very safe on the ACM because the pedals are too low and when carving, the side of your foot or the pedal can suddenly touch the ground and throw you off! That's a recipe for disaster. You also do feel the bumps more so that's another safety issue if you go higher than 30kmh. The MSuper S+ is not perfect but to me it's still the best out there for fun long distance commuting, and safe thanks to the 84V. I ordered mine from Jason McNeil at ewheels. I will buy the next version of the ACM only if they integrate a trolley and have higher pedals. Until then I'll have fun on the MSuper S+!

On 7/12/2017 at 0:12 PM, TaxMoneyStreams said:

So what im wondering is

I own both both 84v wheels (and the Monster, but you're not asking about that). As @zlymex noted, all three models appear to share the same control board except for the firmware and a few other subtle differences. So it really comes down to the physical nature of each wheel (shell width, tire width, tire diameter, etc.).

My sense is that both wheels can go about the same speed (very fast). However, the MSuper, being the bigger wheel, feels a bit more stable at the high end.

The ACM is a noticeably faster accelerator than the MSuper and is also more nimble. But the MSuper is more comfy on most roads and trails.

The analogy that I like to give people is that the ACM is like a sports car and the MSuper is like an SUV.

I do think that when Gotway updated the MSuper to 84 volts it became closer to the ACM in acceleration and speed. It has become harder for me to recommend one over the other, but I still give the edge to the ACM. If you're trying to decide which one to get we would need more information about you and how you intend on using the wheel.

My best recommendation is to buy both :D

2 hours ago, TaxMoneyStreams said:

So I went ahead and order the M super V3 s + 1600 wh

From ewheels

I have fun on the first msuper figured new / faster can't hurt anything.  Plus the back lights are nice. 

@Marty Backe

Have you had any troubles with the msuper v3 s+ since the firmware update? 

Zero. I've been having a blast with the wheel and my confidence is restored to 100% :thumbup: You'll love this new wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

A reseller told me that your weight is something that's relevant when choosing wheels.
I'm also choosing between msuper and acm; apparently my 150lbs will make my experience on the msuper less comfy than the acm. I am 185cm tall.

Can anyone confirm this? 

It was also said that if you weigh 200lbs, then msuper is a good choice over acm.

Best
Gus

3 hours ago, Gus said:

A reseller told me that your weight is something that's relevant when choosing wheels.
I'm also choosing between msuper and acm; apparently my 150lbs will make my experience on the msuper less comfy than the acm. I am 185cm tall.

Can anyone confirm this? 

It was also said that if you weigh 200lbs, then msuper is a good choice over acm.

Best
Gus

I weigh 10 - 15 pounds more than you. Same height. I own both wheels. If you want pure comfort, the MSuper will be a great wheel for you. Maybe if you weighed 120 pounds the difference between the two wheels would be more noticeable, but not at your weight. I actually think your height would be more important in picking between the two wheels.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I weigh 10 - 15 pounds more than you. Same height. I own both wheels. If you want pure comfort, the MSuper will be a great wheel for you. Maybe if you weighed 120 pounds the difference between the two wheels would be more noticeable, but not at your weight. I actually think your height would be more important in picking between the two wheels.

Cool, Then you're a great comparison for me!
Comfort is the most important to me and my current MCM4HS does not provide enough of it. The knees take damage!
However, I will be driving mostly in the city, surfing through tight crowds and tight traffic. 6 miles each way max.
It's hard to choose, I understand why this topic was created :)

I have a question to you Marty, 1300 or 1600 wH.
Is it worth 200$ for that extra juice? You also get longer charging time, heavier wheel with that extra juice.
But you do get more security form cut-outs, no?

G

37 minutes ago, Gus said:

Cool, Then you're a great comparison for me!
Comfort is the most important to me and my current MCM4HS does not provide enough of it. The knees take damage!
However, I will be driving mostly in the city, surfing through tight crowds and tight traffic. 6 miles each way max.
It's hard to choose, I understand why this topic was created :)

I have a question to you Marty, 1300 or 1600 wH.
Is it worth 200$ for that extra juice? You also get longer charging time, heavier wheel with that extra juice.
But you do get more security form cut-outs, no?

G

I would only pick the 1600wh version if you enjoy long (50 mile) rides. If you don't see those kind of rides in your future and would rather use the $200 for something else, go with the 1300wh wheel.

Here's some context for you. I previously owned the 820wh MSuper V3 and 820wh ACM. They both gave me about the same range (30 to 35 miles regardless of riding style). I conclude from this that both wheels give the same approximate range given the same battery. This BTW seems to hold across manufacturers. My KS14C with 840wh battery also gives me 30 to 35 miles).

Skip ahead to the present where I own the 1300wh ACM and 1600wh MSuper. I have not yet done a formal range test with the MSuper, but I have with the ACM. I get 45 to 50 miles on the ACM. I'm perfectly happy with that range. Very rarely would I miss the extra 10 to 15 miles that that the 1600wh version would give me.

I bought the 1600wh version of the MSuper because I am kind of a range freak so the extra cash for those extra 10+ miles is worth it for me.

Unless you are pushing your wheel to the extremes I don't think the extra battery capacity on the MSuper is offering any safety benefits. If I'm going to be aggressive it'll be towards the beginning of a ride, and there's plenty of juice then. After 50 miles of riding (when the battery is nearing 20%) I'm pretty mellow with my riding at the end.

I can't believe the 1600wh version of the MSuper is heavier in any noticeable way. Maybe the charging time would be another hour or so. Since I have more than one wheel I'm never waiting for my wheels to charge. Plus I now use a fast charger so all my wheels are charged within 4 hours.

The MSuper is a very comfortable ride, and if you're a good rider it's also very maneuverable. I enjoy mine a lot when I take it out for a ride around town, weaving in and out among the various obstacles of the city landscape, including crowds.

Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I would only pick the 1600wh version if you enjoy long (50 mile) rides. If you don't see those kind of rides in your future and would rather use the $200 for something else, go with the 1300wh wheel.

Here's some context for you. I previously owned the 820wh MSuper V3 and 820wh ACM. They both gave me about the same range (30 to 35 miles regardless of riding style). I conclude from this that both wheels give the same approximate range given the same battery. This BTW seems to hold across manufacturers. My KS14C with 840wh battery also gives me 30 to 35 miles).

Skip ahead to the present where I own the 1300wh ACM and 1600wh MSuper. I have not yet done a formal range test with the MSuper, but I have with the ACM. I get 45 to 50 miles on the ACM. I'm perfectly happy with that range. Very rarely would I miss the extra 10 to 15 miles that that the 1600wh version would give me.

I bought the 1600wh version of the MSuper because I am kind of a range freak so the extra cash for those extra 10+ miles is worth it for me.

Unless you are pushing your wheel to the extremes I don't think the extra battery capacity on the MSuper is offering any safety benefits. If I'm going to be aggressive it'll be towards the beginning of a ride, and there's plenty of juice then. After 50 miles of riding (when the battery is nearing 20%) I'm pretty mellow with my riding at the end.

I can't believe the 1600wh version of the MSuper is heavier in any noticeable way. Maybe the charging time would be another hour or so. Since I have more than one wheel I'm never waiting for my wheels to charge. Plus I now use a fast charger so all my wheels are charged within 4 hours.

The MSuper is a very comfortable ride, and if you're a good rider it's also very maneuverable. I enjoy mine a lot when I take it out for a ride around town, weaving in and out among the various obstacles of the city landscape, including crowds.

Hope this helps.

I am very greatful for this answer, thanks Marty.

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I can't believe the 1600wh version of the MSuper is heavier in any noticeable way.

It is not heavier...(or just same not recognizable grams)...as both the 1300wh/1600wh have the same number of cells, just different cells types, which at max differ from 1-2grams per cell.

@Gus So Marty is completly right, as Long as you dont go for ultralong distances the 1300wh is no disadvantage...( and AS safe as a 1600wh)

Archived