Rearview Mirrors

As many know from my videos (see my profile pic too) I have a mirror mounted on my helmet for added situational awareness. Seeing cars and bicyclists approach from behind keeps me safer.

Here's a review I did awhile ago on the mirror that I've been using for the last year. It still works great. Highly recommended.

And if you're the type who doesn't like helmets, get a mirror that clips on your glasses/sunglasses.

Thanks for posting this. I was looking at them today on Amazon and having a hard time getting an idea how they attached etc. I'm a little wary of helmet mounted mirrors simply because I suffered a high impact eye injury in my teens and now I fret constantly when something is near my eye. I would be stressing that in a faceplant the mirror shaft would take out my eye! Stupid I know but injury will do that to you.

I'm looking a full face helmet not dissimilar to what noisycarlos wears and have been wondering if I could adapt one of these mirrors to attach directly to the visor without the long shaft while retaining the ability to pivot it to some degree and maybe even fold it up against the visor if I didn't want it. I'm going to study your video more closely tomorrow to see if I could pull it off. Failing that I was considering the RearViz wrist mounted solution that has been mentioned on here before. Expensive though and has to be shipped from Australia I think.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

And if you're the type who doesn't like helmets, get a mirror that clips on your glasses/sunglasses.

And if you're not wearing glasses/sunglasses, try RearViz, which I saw Hansolo using in the Paris Amsterdam trip.

https://www.rearviz.com/

I ordered one from Amazon, but I have not had a chance to try it yet.

7 hours ago, who_the said:

I commute daily in urban traffic, about 1/3 in non-protected bike lanes and 2/3 in traffic lanes. It's hard to imagine riding without a CycleAware Reflex rear view mirror on both my Gath RV (light-duty) and Hawk ST-1198 (heavy-duty, face + chin) helmets.

0046fd7695b311fa8f146a396792169b681df167-1S_1280 (1).jpg

I've seen this before, but I have to say, I love this picture :D:thumbup:

Archived