cardoso.d.almeida

9Bot App V4 Bugs

37 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Juggler said:

Does anyone know any advantages of the new app?

Think its a backward step

I like the new design but other than that I think the last version was better. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to install android os on a raspberry Pi to try to install ninedroid app on it to try to get my light back. Do you think it might work?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cardoso.d.almeida said:

I'm trying to install android os on a raspberry Pi to try to install ninedroid app on it to try to get my light back. Do you think it might work?

That seems like a lot of work.  If you know anyone who will lend you their android phone for 15 minutes, that's all it will take to get your lights back.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/13/2017 at 7:29 PM, Tom Cork said:

I had the same problem and using a friends android device, downloaded ninedroid onto it (located in the downloads section of this forum)   It will allow you to turn the lamp power switch (located in other settings) back on.  Be sure to change your lamp colors from black as well.  When you're done, long press the power button a couple of times then turn the ninebot off.  When it turns back on voilla... Lights!!!  I won't be using the ninebot app again until there's an update!

This worked!! Thanks a lot for posting. I was having a really tough time going through all the suggestions. And you got my lights working again on my E+!! Woot woot. I had to find an old Ninedroid apk to download on my daughters old android phone (it's no longer on the play store). Open the ninedroid app, locate the unit and go to "lighting settings" just to make sure lights are on. Then go to "other settings" and select the light power switch to on, it turns blue. Then turn off the bot and turn it back on.  Reconnect to it, boom should work again. Cheers 

Edited by Brenden Haines
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cardoso.d.almeida said:

I'm trying to install android os on a raspberry Pi to try to install ninedroid app on it to try to get my light back. Do you think it might work?

I used my android phone and googled ninedroid.

17 minutes ago, radial said:

That seems like a lot of work.  If you know anyone who will lend you their android phone for 15 minutes, that's all it will take to get your lights back.  

Did you download from this forum, on my phone I found the download section but couldn't figure out how to download, but was only browsing as a guest, I am always logged on when using my laptop, but don't remember the login when using my phone.

10 minutes ago, Brenden Haines said:
  On 7/13/2017 at 9:29 PM, Tom Cork said:

I had the same problem and using a friends android device, downloaded ninedroid onto it (located in the downloads section of this forum)   It will allow you to turn the lamp power switch (located in other settings) back on.  Be sure to change your lamp colors from black as well.  When you're done, long press the power button a couple of times then turn the ninebot off.  When it turns back on voilla... Lights!!!  I won't be using the ninebot app again until there's an update!

The ninedroid app looks better in some ways, in the speed limiter section you can set it to 12kmh, in the official app only 10kmh.  Also there is a lot of different speeds you can set it to, in the new app 4.0 there is only 10kmh and unlocked.  Haven't tested it yet, just installed ninedroid this evening.  Also the slider for the suspension sensitivity works a whole lot better in ninedroid than in the official app. It is easy to choose any setting from zero to 9, very smooth and easy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Did you download from this forum, on my phone I found the download section but couldn't figure out how to download, but was only browsing as a guest, I am always logged on when using my laptop, but don't remember the login when using my phone.

1

Yes, from the forum downloads section.  You have to be logged in to download.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, radial said:

Yes, from the forum downloads section.  You have to be logged in to download.  

Ah:) that's what I thought, thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, radial said:

That seems like a lot of work.  If you know anyone who will lend you their android phone for 15 minutes, that's all it will take to get your lights back.  

Yeah... it is a lot of work indeed. I not even being able to install Android on the raspberry so now I have 2 problems.

I tried to fix the problem with an Android phone but for some reason the Bluetooth conetion kept failing. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Fixed!

A new iOS version 4.0.1 has been released into the App Store. I just installed it and it fixes the light issue.

After selecting the lights tile, a message pops up instructing the user to turn off the unit to fix the light issue. 

This means turn off the Ninebot, and then turn it back on again, and re-pair over bluetooth.

The new lights panel in the version 4.0.1 app removed the middle slider/switch that became locked. Now the "lamp power switch" slider has been removed.

NinebotLightPanel.jpg

 

EDIT:  The new "Press to Switch Light Mode" twice requirement is still stupid

Edited by litewave
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 7:25 AM, radial said:

The light switch toggle isn't in the light settings area of the app where you would expect to find it.  It's under "other settings" or something like that.  You have to rummage for it.

Yeah, I went to other settings, and it wasn't there. Luckily the updated iOS app fixed the bug, though!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one not able to set the "Somatosensory" value with the new app? No matter what I set it when I exit the page (not even the app) it goes back to 6! Slightly too hard for me.

 

Anyone else having this issue? I'm an E+ with iOS app

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now