9Bot App V4 Bugs

cardoso.d.almeida

Hi there,

I've been testing Ninebot App V4 and I'm having some troubles and I guess I'm finding some bugs. 

While playing with light settings on V4 I enabled the option "The lamp power switch", that made the lights turn off and now I can't disable that option and turn the lights back on. 

Any ideas to fix this error?

PLEASE NOTE: Don't test the error or you might turn down your lights too. 

8 minutes ago, cardoso.d.almeida said:

Thank you for trying to help. I've tried to do that but no success. 

Hopefully a new version will be released soon that fixes the bugs.  On my phone (Samsung Galaxy Luna with Android 6.0.1)  the speedometer is only showing the top half of the numbers.

On 7/11/2017 at 8:56 PM, cardoso.d.almeida said:

Hi there,

I've been testing Ninebot App V4 and I'm having some troubles and I guess I'm finding some bugs. 

While playing with light settings on V4 I enabled the option "The lamp power switch", that made the lights turn off and now I can't disable that option and turn the lights back on. 

Same thing happened to me. I messaged Ninebot through the Blackbox app function but haven't heard back. I've never liked the lights much but they do help with visibility at night.

Overall, not impressed with this new version.

Edit: I am using an iPhone w/ 10.3.2. Deleting the app, hard reset, clearing the cache, etc. don't restore the lights.

Edit2: "RTFM! Press the red button for 2 seconds ;-)" doesn't work either. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, litewave said:

Overall, not impressed with this new version

I just remembered, @esaj created some Ninedroid apps available in the download section.  Might be an option to have,  I think I will download one to my phone later.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I just remembered, @esaj created some Ninedroid apps available in the download section.  Might be an option to have,  I think I will download one to my phone later.

NINEDROID apps still works perfectly for light setting on our 9B1. @cardoso.d.almeida you can follow @steve454 's advice

On 7/12/2017 at 3:56 AM, cardoso.d.almeida said:

Hi there,

Confirm the same problem. Not yet solution available, waiting for an update...

As a former owner of a 9B1 I am almost sure that you can turn lights on without the app. 

RTFM! Press the red button for 2 seconds ;-) 

16 hours ago, steve454 said:

But does the app has the function "The Lamp power switch", so that I can disable it? Or does it have just color and light style costumization?

Yes you can switch on or off the lights with NINEDROID

7 hours ago, smallexis said:

Yes you can switch on or off the lights with NINEDROID

You can try over your 9b1 the new function "The lamp power switch" which comes with the last version of Ninebot app (4.0.0) and let discuss again, ok?

Can anyone tell me what is better about the latest app than previous ones? The app i had back in August 2016 worked perfectly,

Now I can't read the remaining mileage as its so small and at 64, my eye sight isn't what it was when I was 20 !!!

Let's have an option to choose which app you like best and be able to revert to it.

I guess I'm wasting my time posting on here cos Ninebot obviously don't read these posts!!!

I had the same problem and using a friends android device, downloaded ninedroid onto it (located in the downloads section of this forum)   It will allow you to turn the lamp power switch (located in other settings) back on.  Be sure to change your lamp colors from black as well.  When you're done, long press the power button a couple of times then turn the ninebot off.  When it turns back on voilla... Lights!!!  I won't be using the ninebot app again until there's an update!

1 hour ago, Tom Cork said:

I had the same problem and using a friends android device, downloaded ninedroid onto it (located in the downloads section of this forum)   It will allow you to turn the lamp power switch (located in other settings) back on.  Be sure to change your lamp colors from black as well.  When you're done, long press the power button a couple of times then turn the ninebot off.  When it turns back on voilla... Lights!!!  I won't be using the ninebot app again until there's an update!

Yes! It works! Thank you very much!

7 hours ago, Evko said:

You can try over your 9b1 the new function "The lamp power switch" which comes with the last version of Ninebot app (4.0.0) and let discuss again, ok?

7 hours ago, Evko said:

You are right! Ninedroid rulez. Ignore my comment above. And thank you!

14 hours ago, Evko said:

"Power led switch" works perfectly for my 9B1 with both apps (NINEBOT 4.0 or NINEDROID)

But remember NINEBOT-SEGWAY didn't make any apps or FW upgrade for our 9B1 16" since a long time, and that show we are not a priority for them.

22 hours ago, Tom Cork said:

Having the same issue. But I could not find that option in other options. I had somebody downloaded whatever Ninedroid is currently in the Google Play Store. Is there another version I should have him download?

12 hours ago, parmado said:

I had somebody downloaded whatever Ninedroid is currently in the Google Play Store. Is there another version I should have him download?

I don't think Ninedroid is in the Google play store.  It is in this forum.  Look at the top left of the screen, you'll see a downloads tab.  Click it and there are several versions of Ninedroid.  One of them is rated 5 stars, that is the one I recommend.

13 hours ago, parmado said:

Having the same issue. But I could not find that option in other options. I had somebody downloaded whatever Ninedroid is currently in the Google Play Store. Is there another version I should have him download?

The light switch toggle isn't in the light settings area of the app where you would expect to find it.  It's under "other settings" or something like that.  You have to rummage for it.

Archived