Safety Gear recommendation?

That are nice pictures:

or that: Minute 12:00 ff

Bu this one meets it the most...even if its not electric....thats how it looks on a unexpected one:

10 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Bu this one meets it the most...even if its not electric....thats how it looks on a unexpected one:

Bloody hell! :shock2:

After seeing this anyone who says a full face helmet isn't needed must be certifiably mad!

13 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That are nice pictures

Wow, this is the best demonstration yet that shows the value of a full face helmet.

Having had my first spill (due to my own stupidity) at under 12mph, I realized my "hands-first" falling technique should require me to be wearing gloves. The palms of both my hands got scraped up...not too bad, but an hour or 2 of stinging pain and a week of healing.

Also, proper placement of safety gear is important. My right knee pad was not placed securely, so I got my knee scraped up. My left knee pad worked awesomely.

58 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, this is the best demonstration yet that shows the value of a full face helmet.

Just the sound of her face and head hitting the asphalt makes me cringe! The other girl just calmly walks away! 

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

That are nice pictures:

or that: Minute 12:00 ff

In both of the first two videos, the wheels were beeping a lot, but they kept going too fast and the wheels cut out.  I hope that girl is okay in the third video.

On 7/9/2017 at 0:38 PM, Noam Elad said:

i bought the ks16s and i want to buy some safety gear becase of its speed (35kmp), some recommendation of protectors?

Watch these videos in this thread that you started.  The main protection is to not go near the top speed.;)

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Newbie question. Why do those people all seem to ignore the warnings emitted from the wheel?

For much the same reason that an airliner stalled whilst the pilots were busy dealing with an engine fire that turned out to just be a faulty sensor, you just switch off to the alarms if your brain is getting to much of it.

An awful lot of wheels beep or tiltback too soon so the riders end up riding almost constantly in tiltback or with beeping. I myself go everywhere with my wheel beeping twice continuously, I only ease of if it starts beeping three times. Even when the wheel has fully programmable beeping or tiltback, as most of the latest ones do, the need for speed, or at the very least the desensitisation to speed, I.e. What was fast now seems "o so slow" means that riders push the envelope and 99 times out of a hundred get away with it - then one day they hit a pothole they didn't notice. . . .. .

You aim to use yours to get around a racetrack paddock (good choice by the way - and no worries at all about whether they are legal or not as its private land) so I guess it is the same as asking why a racing driver goes so fast he/she fails to make the corner and crashes?

At least you must have a good understanding of wearing the right safety gear ?

1 minute ago, Keith said:

You aim to use yours to get around a racetrack paddock (good choice by the way - and no worries at all about whether they are legal or not as its private land) so I guess it is the same as asking why a racing driver goes so fast you fails to make the corner and crashes?

No from my point of view it would be like asking: why is the driver still pushing the car to the limit whilst there are all kinds of warning lights flashing on the dashboard .... and then they crash :P 

1 minute ago, Keith said:

At least you must have a good understanding of wearing the right safety gear ?

At least this thing doesn't require wearing FIA approved fire proof underwear I hope!

Then again, some of them are equipped with Samsung batteries :P

15 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Newbie question. Why do those people all seem to ignore the warnings emitted from the wheel?

Because they don't ride performance wheels that can keep up with their desired speeds. Rarely will you see a Gotway wheel beeping because those wheels can go faster than the speed that most people are comfortable riding at. Usually it's the KingSong wheels which are making all the noise in our group rides :D

21 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

No from my point of view it would be like asking: why is the driver still pushing the car to the limit whilst there are all kinds of warning lights flashing on the dashboard .... and then they crash :P 

I wonder that also, beeping and saying slow down, you are going too fast, and they still crash.  Must be a hearing problem.  So that is where Solowheel got it right.  They start shaking when you hit the danger zone.  What Ninebot does is give you the feeling that the wheel does not have full power, so you don't feel comfortable riding fast.  It's subtle, you still feel like the range is good, but you feel like you don't wan't to push it.  I guess that is why the enthusiast wheels have such big batteries, you can ride much longer without feeling the loss of power.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:55 PM, steve454 said:

I wonder that also, beeping and saying slow down, you are going too fast, and they still crash.  Must be a hearing problem.  So that is where Solowheel got it right.  They start shaking when you hit the danger zone.  What Ninebot does is give you the feeling that the wheel does not have full power, so you don't feel comfortable riding fast.  It's subtle, you still feel like the range is good, but you feel like you don't wan't to push it.  I guess that is why the enthusiast wheels have such big batteries, you can ride much longer without feeling the loss of power.

I will say that it can be very difficult to hear the buzzer when you are traveling at mid 20's speed. The wind noise is very effective at blocking external sounds.

An improvement that I've suggested is to vary the loudness of the beeps based on the speed.

On 2017-07-10 at 10:41 PM, KingSong69 said:

That are nice pictures:

That one is in my hometown. The crash is in a park I pass twice a day when I'm commuting.

When I saw this the first time, I actually got angry. Even though there weren't that many people around, it is a public park. Not even mentioning our own health, or the well being of others, we really DON'T need any incidents where our wheels bounce around and crash into bystanders. One or two such incidents, and the people that don't behave like morons will find their past-time getting prohibited too.

A EUC-friend of mine asked the guy what he was thinking, but he seemed to take for granted that it could do 50kph. Not even taking into account that the batteries were a bit on the flat side...

29 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

That one is in my hometown. The crash is in a park I pass twice a day when I'm commuting.

When I saw this the first time, I actually got angry. Even though there weren't that many people around, it is a public park. Not even mentioning our own health, or the well being of others, we really DON'T need any incidents where our wheels bounce around and crash into bystanders. One or two such incidents, and the people that don't behave like morons will find their past-time getting prohibited too.

A EUC-friend of mine asked the guy what he was thinking, but he seemed to take for granted that it could do 50kph. Not even taking into account that the batteries were a bit on the flat side...

Yeah, I don't have too my sympathy for guys that crash like that. If you're going to be riding on the edge like that, any outcome is to be expected.

It seems common sense to slow down when passing pedestrians

On 29.7.2017 at 1:55 AM, steve454 said:

Must be a hearing problem? :-)

Sorry...i dont think so! Very often i have the impression that it is pure ignorance! It maybe worth a discussion WHAT is the best warning method...but whatever the producers do: It gets ignored!

I cant count the threads were people talk about "riding on the tiltback"...or searching for the last 1-2 kmh to go over the 80% warnings and justify that as "in the flight envelope"....

And Sorry, while i really dont like people getting hurt...its that some idiots really deserve some pain as they dont seam to learn there lesson on any other way! The best is when producers SET and DECLARE hard warnings and then get blamed for that...as to conservative, they should not do that, thats bullshit etc...

Like @Marty Backe said...for some crashes there is not much sympathy!

4 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I do not wish ill on anyone, but I do wish the id**ts could at least get a real scare - enough to rattle their brain-cells into starting working again.

I don't wish ill on anyone either. But if they are asking for it then I've no problem with them getting it as long as they don't take others with them. Darwinism at its best. We just need to learn not to interfere with nature's process. Hospitals just need to adopt the 3 strikes and your out rule. After the third treatment for the same self induced idiotic injury you have to fend for yourself. That would eventually thin the moronic ranks.

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

I'm with you! Look at all of the bystanders walking as he flies by them. He never even slowed down! 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

It seems common sense to slow down when passing pedestrians

You would think so!

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

And Sorry, while i really dont like people getting hurt...its that some idiots really deserve some pain

It makes us all look bad. We have enough difficulties gaining acceptance in communities. One tragic incident caught on video resulting in a pedestrian getting hurt or killed will result in an outpouring of international negative attention towards our community!

Archived