MSuper V3 won't turn off

Anyone had this.

The thing has stopped switching off, the on off switch cycles the lights from off to on and then flashing as per normal it also  makes the normal beeping noise.  Therefore I think the switch itself is fine it just doesn't turn off.

The machine just won't switch off.

Anyone had this?

Is there I timeout after which it will turn off when left on side...

Does the thing switch off completely when the voltage drops to a certain point.

Should I take it apart and physically disconnect the batteries.

Thanks to anyone who has any advice.

Jer

1 hour ago, jer said:

Anyone had this.

The thing has stopped switching off, the on off switch cycles the lights from off to on and then flashing as per normal it also  makes the normal beeping noise.  Therefore I think the switch itself is fine it just doesn't turn off.

The machine just won't switch off.

Anyone had this?

Is there I timeout after which it will turn off when left on side...

Does the thing switch off completely when the voltage drops to a certain point.

Should I take it apart and physically disconnect the batteries.

Thanks to anyone who has any advice.

Jer

One one thing you don't mention is whether the wheel works. Can you still ride it? When my control blew a MOSFET the LED's still worked, etc., but I couldn't turn it off. The wheel did not balance though.

Assuming that everything else works then I have no idea.

The wheel will not turn off by itself unless you let the batteries drain. That could take days if you're not riding it. I would open the side and disconnect the power connector going to the main board. The wheel will turn off after 5 - 15 seconds. Wait a couple of minutes and reconnect, and hopefully it'll start working normally again. That's the only way that I know to do a reset.

Oh wait, one thing worth trying - it can't hurt. Try to perform a calibration. During that process, you might be able to turn off the wheel since there's a different sequence involved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

One one thing you don't mention is whether the wheel works. Can you still ride it? When my control blew a MOSFET the LED's still worked, etc., but I couldn't turn it off. The wheel did not balance though.

Assuming that everything else works then I have no idea.

The wheel will not turn off by itself unless you let the batteries drain. That could take days if you're not riding it. I would open the side and disconnect the power connector going to the main board. The wheel will turn off after 5 - 15 seconds. Wait a couple of minutes and reconnect, and hopefully it'll start working normally again. That's the only way that I know to do a reset.

Oh wait, one thing worth trying - it can't hurt. Try to perform a calibration. During that process, you might be able to turn off the wheel since there's a different sequence involved.

Thanks

The wheel itself is working fine.

Maybe a hard reset, by disconnecting the power will do the trick.

Jere

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jer said:

Thanks

The wheel itself is working fine.

Maybe a hard reset, by disconnecting the power will do the trick.

Jere

Don't forget to try a recalibration first. Can't hurt.

4 hours ago, Pard said:

Did you find a solution?

Not  yet.

Only thing to do is physically disconnect.

It did not start working properly after re-powering up. ie still not switching off on power switch.

Re-calibrating did not work out so good  as you have to switch the machine off during this process.

After some hours the thing starts to beep like there is no tomorrow so has to be physically disconnected.

It didn't really have a noticeable impact on battery level overnight, but it did start beaping continuously.

Jer

Edited by jer
general bad wording
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hey jer,

Did you ever figure out a solution to fix this problem? My mSuper just started doing the same thing yesterday. Started beeping and won't stop until I put it on it's side and then lift it upright but then it doesn't self balance and the motor won't work but there is some resistance there like the wheel won't run freely/loosely. I can turn the lights on and off using the power switch but when I hold the button down to turn it off it doesn't do anything. The button seems to work so I figure it's not that. I can connect to the Gotway App and change settings and it beeps to confirm but it still doesn't work or turn off and continues to beep. I've finally resorted to disconnecting the battery and when I connect it again it still doesn't work and does the same thing. I even tried doing a re-calibration but that didn't work either. Sometimes it does the long beep like it's trying to recalibrate but just continues to beep and the euc still won't turn off.

Is this similar to what yours is doing? Did you just end up having to replace the circuit board?

Thanks,

Emile

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Have a first gen Tesla that won't shut down without battery disconnect most functions work like Bluetooth connection and app connection, but will not calibrate or balance. Similar to previous comments .. Did you have to replace the circuit board?

• 1 year later...