Where did the Recent Inmotion Rep Threads Go?

WARPed1701D

I didn't imagine an Inmotion rep posting twice in this forum a few days ago did I? One intro post and one hinting of the Solowheel merger (or whatever it is they are doing).

There were discussions of a new D1 wheel in testing.

Where'd the posts go? I've searched and looked in the "threads I have contributed to" section of the site and found nothing.

I'm guessing admins must have been involved for threads with replies to disappear. Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...or I was high or something.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

20 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I didn't imagine an Inmotion rep posting twice in this forum a few days ago did I? One intro post and one hinting of the Solowheel merger (or whatever it is they are doing).

Nope, you sure didn't, and it was nothing to do with us moderators. He suddenly hide both of the threads he started (Moderators can still see the posts but nobody else can).

My guess is he is very new with the company, was speaking out of turn and got his knuckles rapped.

I have put his account on moderation so that we get alerted if he posts again and I've asked him for an explanation - no response yet.

i think all of us would be extremely happy to have Inmotion reps take an active part in this forum.

Thanks @Keith. I didn't know you could hide a thread. Interesting. I figured that once a conversation started only Mods could remove it. At least that was how it was when I moderated 10 years ago!

I agree that having a rep form Inmotion was/would be very cool (especially as my V8 is on order). There did seem to e a lot of new info in his limited posts. Maybe Inmotion was OK with it but Solowheel freaked out. Who knows?

Come back Inmotion dude! We'd like to have you around once your knuckles have healed.

48 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

There were discussions of a new D1 wheel in testing.

Where'd the posts go? I've searched and looked in the "threads I have contributed to" section of the site and found nothing.

I'm guessing admins must have been involved for threads with replies to disappear. Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...or I was high or something.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Yeah, you are right!

There were some discussions if this Inmotion Rep is

- a real One

- it all was "fake news"

- or if he has "talked too much" about upcoming, not to be revealed secrets...as he seamed at least to be a very new Inmotion employee in the PR section

Fact is, he didn't answer our questions regarding his identity until now and also hides his own threads himself!

So unless we got no answer from him, we take the safe road and set his account to "moderated"....

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Fact is, he didn't answer our questions regarding his identity until now and also hides his own threads himself!

So unless we got no answer from him, we take the safe road and set his account to "moderated"....

Good call. Maybe @Jason McNeil has the contacts necessary to confirm the guy is legit.

The King Song reps certainly appear to have been helpful in past posts for their products. An Inmotion rep would be cool even though Jason does a great job representing them here.

18 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Good call. Maybe @Jason McNeil has the contacts necessary to confirm the guy is legit.

there was a confirm through another seller that he is a real Inmotion guy...but just for a few days!

Thats why we/i got to the conclusion that he made this statements without "been allowed to do so", but thats just a guess....

We will see latest when a new Inmotion D1 in september pops up ;-)

The Russians deleted him!  

My initial gut instinct was the story did not add up. The new name 'Inmotion D1' certainly came into question. What the hell is a D1?

We as members get so excited when a company rep joins the forum we overlook the fact that the person may be an impostor. This may not be the case but unfortunately there is no easy way to vet new members and examine their credentials.

Now that I think of it @Hunka Hunka Burning Love has countless investigative resources at his disposal. 

On 06/07/2017 at 7:39 PM, WARPed1701D said:

D1 wheel in testing.

On 06/07/2017 at 8:53 PM, KingSong69 said:

a new Inmotion D1 in september pops up ;-)

On 06/07/2017 at 9:08 PM, Rehab1 said:

'Inmotion D1'

Wrote that in the separate topic, but it was declined by Eric @ IMSCV. None projects with this name exist, and I could hardly imagine a company in the middle of transferring their EUC division to Americas to spit out a new model just like that. I am pretty certain Jason is a new up and coming rep (not a fake account), but the 'news' he released were not legit and not connected. I imagine the topic was deleted by himself after I shared the link with Eric

On 06/07/2017 at 9:08 PM, Rehab1 said:

The Russians deleted him!  

Technically true if it was indeed my whistleblowing that caused the distress :ph34r:

On 7/6/2017 at 2:08 PM, Rehab1 said:

Now that I think of it @Hunka Hunka Burning Love has countless investigative resources at his disposal. 

Ah... :huh: yes, yes, those were alternative facts that were presented.  It was probably as mentioned just a new rep that got a little over-zealous and released some information before it was cleared by corporate.  It could have been a product in development, but mainly for Asian distribution only?  Anything at this point would be speculation and hearsay of course.  When it is time to reveal themselves and any new products, I'm sure they will be back knocking on the forum doors.

• 1 month later...

Nothing concrete, but Inmotion included an #InmotionD1 hash tag in a tweet about their new products at IFA. It doesn't seem to gave been revealed anywhere, and it doesn't seem yo match any of their other new products (scooter, bike). 

What I don't get is why these companies don't see the value in putting out a simple press release or other "standard" announcement of new products. To "do" IFA without any formal media announcements is..... I don't get it.

Interestingly, the "Inmotion Rep" discussed above is Jason Jiao and he has not been back to this forum since July 5th. However he is still marginally active on Twitter here: https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonjiao1212?lang=en last post August 24th - No mention of a D1 though.

We do now have King-Ma from Inmotion as well, he certainly knows how to keep Inmotion's secrets?   :http://forum.electricunicycle.org/profile/6203-king-ma-inmotion/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjgwOTcsImlkXzIiOjExMzc0Mn0=

Archived