KingSong KS14S - SPORT

Henrik Olsen

Look what the mailman brought us today. A brand new KS14S from KingSong, where the S stands for Sport. This is the latest Electric Unicycle from KingSong and I’m pretty excited as one of the first to review this unit. Let me know what you think about KS14S?

@Henrik Olsen

Nice Review! Good Job!

What i am missing is a bit more comparing to the old 14c....

I mean, its a new motor, a new board, and from my experiences with the 14d, this is a totally new drive feeling.

While the 14c in his pedal/drive behaviour was very soft, the 14d/s is ROCK hard and stable , so that its a difference like night and day to the old 14c.(in my view)

but other than that....done very well!

I enjoyed that review. I would like to know a bit more on how it actually compares to the 14C since you and I own that wheel. Is this worth considering as an upgrade if you already have a 14C which is still working fine?

I hate the "Hello KingSong". I thought that could be turned off.

And if the speed is truly reduced at the 50% battery level then that's a deal breaker for me. What's wrong with 20%?

I want to like KingSong and buy another wheel but they are really making that hard for me to do.

Thanks guys

This was meant as a first look as we did the review literally hours after getting it

I'm considering doing a follow up when I have some more mileage on it, so keep those questions coming ;-)

Unfortunately, I have sold the Ks14C I owned, but as I recall this feels like a big improvement.

35 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

thanks for the review, what happens when the fuse blows?  face plant?

Yes, btw.: All KS wheels have a fuse...

They are just meant to blow if something is so wrong, that otherwise your board would fry/burn!

So Faceplant anyway....but leaving the board ok instead of burned

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Yes, btw.: All KS wheels have a fuse...

They are just meant to blow if something is so wrong, that otherwise your board would fry/burn!

Have that ever happened to you?  I've been going full throttle on my ks16, 30km/h.  Think it will hurt bad if it blows a fuse.  Also I go up some pretty steep hills here around my neighborhood.  Would be bad if t blows going up the hill or worst yet down the hill.  

14 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Have that ever happened to you?  I've been going full throttle on my ks16, 30km/h.  Think it will hurt bad if it blows a fuse.  Also I go up some pretty steep hills here around my neighborhood.  Would be bad if t blows going up the hill or worst yet down the hill.  

i had a blown fuse once on a Ks16....forcing it up an extremly steep hill....

but like said, that was because something was allready defect with the board, and otherwise it would have blown the board completly or even the batteries instead. And it was an early Board version type, which was known to have this problem!

In normal operation the fuse should and will not  blow! And normal includes 30kmh and hills....

Driving full speed 30kmh is not needing much power....but hefty and very fast accelerations and steep hills(>25degree), they draw a lot of amperage! If you are going up such a crazy hill and on "normal" pushing/leaning the wheel will not go any faster.....then just dont try to use extrem force on your pushing.  I always say : "listen to your wheel" and everything will be fine....

23 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Look what the mailman brought us today. A brand new KS14S from KingSong, where the S stands for Sport. This is the latest Electric Unicycle from KingSong and I’m pretty excited as one of the first to review this unit. Let me know what you think about KS14S?

Sweet, i have been waiting for a review/first look at this ?

On 7/7/2017 at 8:09 AM, KingSong69 said:

All KS wheels have a fuse...

I wish it would give me an alarm so I can stop instead of burn the fuse and drop me to the ground!

18 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

I wish it would give me an alarm so I can stop instead of burn the fuse and drop me to the ground!

???

we are Talking about nano second high spike amperage rush over 40(60) amps , that would otherwise blow (parts of) a board if not the fuse....

i would guess there is no time for a nice breaking and stepping of the wheel...

normal overvoltage And also Overpower situation warnings ARE implemented and warn you by voice or beeps, you can choose what

On 7/14/2017 at 2:30 AM, KingSong69 said:

we are Talking about nano second high spike amperage rush over 40(60) amps , that would otherwise blow (parts of) a board if not the fuse

OK, I understand it now. Do you know how often these fuses blow? Also, do you know if most EUCs have such a fuse?

Archived