Southern California Sunset Ride - 08Jul2017

Marty Backe

Hey Guys, It was great meeting up with you and Jason the other day. I will be there with my V5F, but probably not a decent wheel for someone of his southern hemisphere carriage. Im only 145lbs and I want more already. Its great for small trips though! Did a 16 mile trip to Dodger stadium to scope out a fireworks viewing spot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Hey Guys, It was great meeting up with you and Jason the other day. I will be there with my V5F, but probably not a decent wheel for someone of his southern hemisphere carriage. Im only 145lbs and I want more already. Its great for small trips though! Did a 16 mile trip to Dodger stadium to scope out a fireworks viewing spot.

Likewise Bill. The planned route for our leisurely ride will be about 13 miles. We'll be leaving the parking lot and taking the route past the tennis courts up to the helipad and then behind the mountain to come around eventually to the observatory. That's about 7 miles. If people are up for it and the conditions look good we'll take the 4 mile round-trip diversion to the Hollywood Sign

So I think your V5F should be find. Just come fully charged.

With the Saturday evening concerts parking is a madhouse so most of us will be parking on Los Feliz and wheeling in to the parking lot to join up with everyone.

Hope to see you there :)

A reminder to everyone that our epic group ride is fast approaching. This is looking to be the largest Southern California gathering of EUC riders yet. I believe that there are 10 confirmed riders, and there could be more.

This will be a leisurely paced ride of 7 to 12 miles depending on whether we visit the Hollywood sign.

A special note regarding parking. The nearby Greek Theater has concerts every Saturday night, so parking near our meetup spot is not possible. The best bet is to park on Los Feliz Blvd and wheel into our meetup point. For instance, I will most likely be parking approximately here: https://goo.gl/maps/UEHHn18s9LQ2 

Feel free to ask me any questions that you have, and hope to see you there.

Marty

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is looking to be the largest Southern California gathering of EUC riders yet.

I sent in my gimbal for the service. so i won't be recording that day T^T

46 minutes ago, Sven said:

I sent in my gimbal for the service. so i won't be recording that day T^T

I'm pretty sure that I'll be bring my camera to this ride.

2 minutes ago, enigma35 said:

Good to know. I hope this won't scare people away from attending our ride this Saturday. As I've already noted, you will not be able to park there during this ride because of the concerts. Please park on Los Feliz Blvd and wheel in.

Hope you've got room for a couple of of Northern California wheelers on this ride! Myself and @Kevin Grandon of the Southbay Electric Unicycle Group are driving down tomorrow in time for the sunset ride. We're sticking around through Sunday morning and are looking to get in an A.M. beach ride, if anybody is up to that as well.

1 hour ago, who_the said:

Hope you've got room for a couple of of Northern California wheelers on this ride! Myself and @Kevin Grandon of the Southbay Electric Unicycle Group are driving down tomorrow in time for the sunset ride. We're sticking around through Sunday morning and are looking to get in an A.M. beach ride, if anybody is up to that as well.

We'll talk more tomorrow, but we can probably get a good beach ride in too. Look forward to seeing you guys :thumbup:

On 6/28/2017 at 3:20 PM, noisycarlos said:

Oh, I have plans that afternoon (I could do morning), I'll see you guys on the next one.

FYI, I'm thinking of doing an urban ride downtown L.A.. I had to go there today, then I had free time after, so I explored a bit on my EUC, and it's pretty fun, cool parks, and buildings. Totally a different perspective than driving or walking.

Traffic was a bit heavy, but it was wednesday at lunch-time. I think if we go on the weekend it shouldn't be too bad as today, plus it's mostly bike lanes. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm in for this city ride. let me know when you have concrete plan ;)

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: So how did the epic ride go?  Knowing TFU you guys are probably still at the Tilted Kilt until the wee hours!  :dribble:  So likely no video until later on?  :cry2:

We had a great ride, but the weather scared a few people away. At 5:00 it was over 100 degrees. Extraordinarily hot for us. We only had 10 people riding, but that was still a record outing for Southern California. More to follow... 

35 minutes ago, who_the said:

Great riding with you guys! Let's do it again.

H815OPgjC4KUW-ZW2Na8Q_3Z44B5cOWpl4cUPatJ

ey4yyFcF03YsbI2QRpEz09oNCv8Rsq6nMc337q1L

i6y8_usuJbuBKj-ltvRCvX-8Xo2_qQRDZq_OnuOG

IPDCFncFU4fb4te-M45Rgf_Um7qRwYIKp74dP80h

JnlDViO3LKKCZTi3n6vCN_saPrNroieRj_h7nW-1

PgZanYkMbQOB3xxjXEnNlG3e02SGmLt6yxHzlGJG

GaX2xzu9kJBY05qO5RtJaf36oQPhuVcKCsdlpg57

_0FQAjHtm9kXC4EL530FufAF_Zv4oZrVkvg4iobz

Great pictures Jesse! Thanks again for joining us. I know that I'll make it up your way sooner rather than later and you can show me your Hollywood Sign (hmmm, that would probably the Golden Gate Bridge I'm guessing).

53 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Can't see any photos on iPhone here!  :cry2:  When's the video being posted   up?  :popcorn:  We wanna see TFU riding with the SoCal EUC Dream Team!

Yeah, the pictures disappeared. Maybe @who_the changed the viewing permissions by mistake.

Ug, videos take so long to edit. Eventually ...

9 minutes ago, who_the said:

Odd, no, did nothing here. They are hosted on Google photos, maybe they don't work here?

But they did work initially. When I gave you a thumbs-up I could see them. Strange. Maybe it's something with the forum software.

17 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Working now!  :w00t2:

What did you do? I still can't see them on my Iphone as posted on the forum. When I go to the link they appear.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

What did you do? I still can't see them on my Iphone as posted on the forum. When I go to the link they appear.

I didn't do anything differently.  :confused1:  I just looked at this thread again with my iPhone at work, and the images appeared in the post.  It's probably the Google image hosting thing as I think Jason had the same issue with a photo posting he made a while back.  Gotta use those "pirate" photo sites.  :whistling: Interestingly enough TFU looks just like his avatar.  :thumbup:

Archived