EUC Rider Origins: What's Your Backstory?

14 hours ago, RichieV said:
  • Took a Segway tour of San Francisco in 2015 and thought it would be cool to have one.
  • Started searching YouTube for Segways and kept seeing the hoverboards which were starting to get popular back then.
  • Interest in hoverboards overtook the desire for Segway because of pricing and portability.
  • Scoured eBay for "electric scooter" and "mini segway" and these weird one-wheeled scooters kept showing up in my searches.
  • Curiosity led me to search YouTube for one-wheeled scooters and found many vids of people obviously using Jedi skills to zip around on one wheel.
  • I wanted to become a Jedi too. So. Hard.
  • After pain, tears, frustration, money, and blood, I am now a Jedi.

A Jedi eh?
Are you sure you wouldn't prefer to join the dark side? It's much more fun :whistling::efee8319ab::w00t2:

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Here's one guy that you don't need to convince that hoverboards are dangerous.  :whistling:  Then again he could probably break a leg on an EUC and not notice for a week or so... :rolleyes:

Ah, good times! 

Small wheel diameter, low torque, two individual motors... all bad.

Now if only I could find a ride with a larger wheel, more torque, and just one motor...

Always liked to ride mountain bike in the woods, but health issues started at age 20, and finally got diadnosed with EDS at age 35. I was forced to stop working, and a few years passed when I barely went outside at all. I got to try a Segway-type vehicle at a shopping center demo, and loved the tech right away, but I couldn't stand upright for more than 10min. Started looking for a seated version, and found the Airwheel A3. Very expensive at the time so I decided to forget it.

In June 2016 I saw a video article of a local guy with MS riding the A3. That pushed me to finally try it at a distributor. I was hooked immediately. Still expensive, but it was a complete life changer for me. Suddenly I was able to do all shopping and trips to the post office and pharmacy by myself, and I cried when I recorded a video message to my gf from the top of a hill in the woods I used to bike a lot at.

IMG_1541.JPG.f766b3cb1e38078bc25ac5bc447a355f.thumb.JPG.bf752e82371055cdcaec9d1eb1c5c960.JPG

At 2000km with the A3 I grew tired of the top speed of 17kph and the wobbly ride from parallel wheels without any suspension (the spring is for the seat only). Searching for an alternative I had seen EUCs online, but I knew I couldn't stand up for long enough. And I heal very slow so I didn't want to take the risks. With the help of this forum I decided to build an A3 derivative from two Lhotzes.

I didn't even plan to ride one, but being an exciting device I decided to quickly try it after all. After three 15 min rehearsals (once a day) I was able to stay on. That's when the riding and learning got so extremely rewarding, must've pumped endorphines so I couldn't stop! The 2000km with the A3 have done wonders to my muscles, so I was able to ride the Lhotz for a lot longer than I thought. Especially now (2000km with an EUC in 3 months), I can ride for many times longer than I can stand up! I don't understand why. Could be the constant slight movement pumping blood, and ofcourse the endorphines, the enjoyment of feeling like flying.

I'm still going to build the seated two-wheeler since I can't go shopping with an EUC (can't walk more than 100m). I know I can't stop unicycling, so I eventually need a third EUC. Why wait, right?! I love to ride fine gravel bicycle trails in the woods. Some of them have steep hills the Lhotz can't handle, and from a few accidents I have learned that the Lhotz is not as powerful (= safe) as I thought. I ordered a Kingsong KS-16S yesterday. ?

My story started when I first saw the previews of Segway, it had a code name Ginger and a feature story on the inventor, Dean Kamen, how secretive it was.  I thought it was going to change the world.  But then as always it seems the gas and coal industry killed it with legislation.  Making it illegal to ride in most cities where it should have been used.  So I started getting interested in all things electric back in 1999...  Shortly after, 2005, I got a Trek 7000 and promptly converted it to electric with a Crystalyte electric hub kit, 36v Lipofe battery.  It was able to go 20+ mph, really cool...  Next I got a electric scooter by goPed, the ESR1000 electric hoverboard, it had a seat and basket.  I used it to pick up my son from preschool.  The handles could fold, pretty portable.  Soon after I saw some youtube video of a solowheel.  I thought it was so cool.  I found one, not as expensive as the solowheel but was called airwheel.  I tried to learn to ride it but gave up because it seemed impossible.  It sat in my garage for years, occasionally  when I had a BBQ, I would bring it out to let people try.  Eventually one of my friend's teenage kids took it and said they will learn it to show me it isn't impossible.  A few months later, i get a video of the teenager riding it successfully.  I tried again when I got it back and gave up again.  The sore legs is a real deterrent.  Bought a Tesla Model S in 2013, Model X in 2016. 

Last year, I bought three Segway mini Pro's.  Was unbelievably easy to learn.  I use it to take out the trash on my long driveway.  

Fast forward to a few months ago, I decided to give it a real try watching a lot of how to videos on youtube on the Unicycles.  Seeing Duff and some others document their failures really helped motivate me.  It took a few days, but eventually I leaned what it means to click.  After I learned to go forward, I bought a Ninebot One C+.  I've been riding it around my neighborhood.  I have 60+ miles on my Ninebot.  Finally learned how to go backwards last week.  Placed an order for a faster one the Gotway ACMs+, but ran into the recall issues.  Just bought another one, the King Song KS16 waiting for delivery, it is a good step up from the Ninebot.  I changed my Gotway order to the MSuper V3s+ instead, awaiting Jason to fix the firmware before shipping it out.  Think it will take a few weeks...  Very excited to get the King Song and Gotway.  

I get the same looks from people when they see me riding the Ninebot as when I was driving my Tesla.  I don't really like the attention.  I'm amazed at how few people have it.  But not surprising when you think how hard it is to learn it.  

22 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

This summer has seen the Florida heat beat me (and it hasn't even got hot yet!). I commute to work, 4.5 miles each way, on a Brompton folding bicycle (which i LOVE) but doing so requires a change of clothes, towels, washcloths, multiple showers a day and generally feeling terrible after riding home in 35 degree high humidity weather. It was getting too much but the environmentally responsible part of me refuses to use the car for such a short journey.

One day while riding into work I heard the whine if an electric motor behind me. I looked back and noticed I was being followed by a guy on an electric skateboard. He wasn't even breaking into a sweat but that little board was keeping up with me. I've never ridden a skateboard but the experience started me looking into electrifying my Brompton. It turns out retrofitting a electric motor to the bike is not only very expensive but makes an relatively portable 27lb bike a very unportable 45lb one and the options available to do the conversion were becoming limited as Brompton are releasing their own motorised version soon. NYCe WHeels, for example, stopped selling their conversion kit in preparation for the official Brompton e-bike.

I have a brompton also.  I was looking at their electric kit as well.  LOL

I just wanted to have some fun for a change.  I work six nights AND some days and rarely get a good solid sleep in.  I'm one of those people who doesn't adapt over time to the night shift but has to work it anyway.  It pays the bills but leaves me feeling limp and lifeless.  I spend most of my time off sleeping or wishing I was asleep.  I decided I had to find something fun to remind myself that I was living at all, that brought me back into the world and preferably got me out of the house.  

I live in a beautiful area but spend almost all my time indoors.  Going out drinking or some other such young-man's nonsense wouldn't do it; I'm too old for that and have too many responsibilities.  I love shooting but that's an expensive pursuit and often a lonely one, as clowns abound in that hobby.  Anyway the ranges are closed by the time I wake up.  I wasn't sure what else to do.  But I knew I had to do it before I got too old to have the motivation to do anything at all.  And I can't afford the usual new red convertible standard in mid-life crises.

Here and there I've been haunted by something I read a long time ago:  That unicycles might be even better for rough mountain trails than mountain bikes are.  That sounded crazy to me.  Not that everything about unicycles didn't sound crazy.  But I thought, maybe that's the challenge?  Well, there is something small and relatively harmless and probably not expensive to get into.  It could get me clowning around outside and I could bring the dogs.  I looked up unicycles on craigslist and they were cheap.  But I didn't trust the reliability of used ones and had no idea what to look for.

So I went on youtube and when I typed unicycle into the search bar, a lot of my returns were for electric unicycles.  What the heck?  

I watched the videos and they were absolutely magic to me.  Like, real magic, Harry Potter magic.  The gliding along, weaving through people, usually without a sound because of the music track.  It didn't look possible.  And it clicked with me right away.  Occasionally I had been having dreams of doing the same thing, but on some sort of cushion of air or something -- don't ask me how dreams work.  But the feeling was wonderful, as if I were propelling myself along through willpower alone.  And that's exactly what the youtube video riders looked like they were doing.  They willed themselves somewhere, and off they went! 

So I tried to find out more ... and here I am, MSuper on the way (yeah one of THOSE Msupers) and a little ebay cheapie wheel to practice on in the meantime.  Eyes full of stars, and down below, purple ankles and yellow shins.  

When I first rode my bicycle next to a live unicyclist I was fascinated, completely mesmerized and the thought struck me that no matter what it would take and even if it would be my last accomplishment, I wanted to learn riding an electric unicycle. Since I was really determined I kept a diary of my progress. And here it is.

Nothing particularly special about my training compared to other reports, except that it took me a bit  much longer than what most other people say. And this is just the reason why I finally decided to upload it to this forum. Even if you are 50+ - and with all the physical handicaps that may materialize by this age - you can do it.

The full story can be found here:

In 2015, I was in Washington D.C. with a childhood friend celebrating my birthday, and on a few of occasions that weekend we spotted a couple riders in the wild and thought they awesome.

When I decided I was gonna research on my smartphone and find out what those one wheel things were, I was sitting at a bench right in front on the White House. After an hour or two of research on the bench, I discovered they are called electric unicycles, and that a company in Seattle called Inventist are the original, and that they had a brand new product literally just released to the market, the SoloWheel Xtreme!

Right then and there, on my phone while sitting on a bench in front of the United States President's white house, I ordered it. I didn't even care it was over $2K dollars! :lol:

For me it was August 2014. I was on a vacation with my wife in Seattle and waiting for a bus. A guy rode up on a Solowheel and I thought it was awesome. My wife thought it was scary. 

When we got back home I did some research and found a cheap ($300) generic 14-inch wheel on AliExpress that went 12kph at best. It took me a while to learn to ride and I got some big bruises on my shins. I thought it was awesome. My wife thought it was scary.

But I needed more POWER! Joined this forum and started reading about all the wheels. @EUC Extreme was riding a 16-inch Firewheel at the time so that's what I got. After a few problems I learned how to fix it and enjoyed the near-30kph speed but got dinged up after a few cutouts. I thought it was awesome. My wife thought it was scary.

Just recently bought a KC-14C which is my current favorite ride. It brings my total wheel collection to three. I think it's awesome. My wife has given up on scary and just thinks I'm crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

I was planning a move to San Francisco and have never really lived someplace without a car and started researching things I could use for my commute. I once had a Brompton as well but I wasn't super excited about a Brompton on San Francisco's famous hills. Apparently bicycle theft is a cottage industry in SF so I started looking at smaller things I could carry into my destination - started with electric skateboards since I have skateboarded before and still enjoy snowboarding. But it seemed like nobody thought they were any good in the rain and if I was going to commute on it I would need it to work most of the time, even in rain. I actually got an urb-e before really finding out about electric unicycles but once I did I had major buyer's remorse. I have always preferred skates/boards to bikes for some reason and the unicycles really looked like something I would be more comfortable with. Now I have a KS-16s on the way and will probably be trying to sell my urb-e at a loss when it is nearly brand new. Oh well... but I am going to keep it until I actually am good enough on the euc to commute on it and since I've never tried it before I have no idea how long that will take. So my urb-e may get some decent mileage anyway.

Anyway, I've been lurking on this forum for a couple months before I decided to take the plunge so at least you know I am certifiably crazy after seeing all your stories of cutouts, fried boards, and steep learning curves...

While the Hoverboard is a wretched device for actually getting around town, evidently most of us bought them as a gateway drug to EUCs.

I kept my Swagtron at the office and would stand on it for hours at my stand up desk. This was instrumental in transitioning to an EUC easily and quickly; I didn't have to learn or ever fight the EUC when it self-corrects.

Mounting, though, is a whole different level.

However, playing around with my Swagtron a few nights ago, I tried mounting it with the wrong side (right foot on left pad, or vice versa). Obviously you can't fully mount the Swagtron but here's the kicker...

Mounting the Swagtron using the wrong pad feels almost exactly like mounting an EUC.

So for those of you with a Swagtron and haven't yet learned to mount, I would be interested in seeing if mounting a Swagtron the wrong way helps you mount an EUC the right way. Even the foot placement is the same as you have to put your ankle bone juuust right on the Swagtron!

On 6/26/2017 at 10:40 PM, CaptainKBLS said:

Thanks for the video.  Heard about it but never saw it until now.

Our friend's daughter fell exactly like that.  She was in agony.  That thing is way more dangerous than any EUC IMO.

And if you look how they fell, you'll see that he picks up his left foot and puts it back down slightly more forward causing that side to move forward. That's how all of these falls happen which baffles me why one would do that.

But obviously its nearly impossible to do that on an EUC unless if you lift you both feet off and land either too far forward or backwards on the pedal.

I've fallen a few times off my Swagtron, like that and stepping off to the front (which then rolls forward and swipes your legs from under you). Never hurt myself 'cause I'm a ninja but...

I did know someone whose wife stepped on those, fell, and broke an ankle, hipbone, arm, and collarbone. Out for 9-10 months. Pins everywhere.

I started off with... an old car and a knowledge that it was going to die, and when.  This was in 2015.  At this time, I started looking at alternatives and realized I could not afford to buy a new car, but buying a used car I could afford seemed like asking for trouble.  I wanted to save up and buy a new car, but I needed something to cover me if my car should fail in the mean time.  At the time, my office was almost exactly 5 miles from my house.

Then Christmas season hit and my friend who owned a hobby shop selling RC cars etc. started selling hover boards.  I knew the 6 and 8 inch ones would not suit my needs, but the 10 inch one would.  I made him a deal for an (at the time) $800 10 inch hover board that got me the wheel for $200 cash, plus a few bottles of high end custom fragrance I created for him (I am a student of perfumery, and when we finish getting things ready, my job title will have "/perfumer" at the end).  

The first time riding it I was sure I would crash into everything and demolish his store, but I didn't.  Then I took it home, charged it up and went out in my back yard.  It took me a few days, 30 minutes a day in the grass to be able to ride it well enough to start learning on concrete, and attracted the attention and interest of my neighbor's hot girlfriend.  That was entertaining.

Since I was going to be using it to commute, I got right to it and started forcing myself to do just that.  Got from my house to the sidewalk, on Day 4.  Then around the block on Day 5. Then I forced myself to ride it about a mile, before turning back.  Then three miles the next day.  Then I forced myself to ride it all the way to work on day 8.   My legs and feet were killing me, but I had 12 hours to sit in my office and work and relax my legs and feet.  By the time I was done for the day, my legs and feet were better and it was back home.  To my surprise, it made it without having a low battery.  I eventually found that it had a range max of 12 miles.  I got so good on it that I could cruise at 9 mph (no small feat on a hover board) and do interesting tricks while texting. I started using it to ride to my girlfriend's house and back when I moved my office to my house.  She lived only a few hundred feet from my old office.  It was so much fun, so relaxing... but so damned impractical!  How do you take it to the store?  35 pounds and awkward as hell.  No way to park it, lock it... I rode it to the local IHOP a time or two, but it just wasn't practical that way.

Then one day I rode it off a curb while practicing my balance and it snapped in half.  Repairs were to be $100, but the guy who was going to do it lost interest and I haven't heard from him since.  And then a couple weeks later... I totaled my car.  So much for backup.

By this time, I had been looking into something electric that was more practical for commuting, and had started learning about the EUCs, but of course how was I gonna afford one?  So after my car crash I bought a 21 speed mountain bike, only to remember that the reason I didn't have a bike was my knees.  Rode it to and from GF's house once, and it's been parked ever since.

Then I took an Uber to the car dealership and bought myself a new car.  Apparently, I have such good credit that they laughed when I said I couldn't do a down payment.  "Son, with credit like yours, we'll do the down payment for you."  And they did - $2,000 worth.  I drove home the next day in a brand new car.

Then my insurance company called me up and cut me a check for almost exactly what an MSuper V3s+ cost.  Guess what I bought with that check?  :w00t2: By this time, I'd been wanting to buy one for about 6 months, so it was quite the exciting moment when I finally clicked "Order".  Then I spent about a month waiting for my bank to actually do something in response to my order and Jason's inventory and re-flashing, and here I am.  Learning to ride it... slowly but surely.

The funny thing is, I bought a new car, which technically solved my reason for buying one.  But when I realized that I was putting miles on my new car at about 500 per week after I bought it (I have had it since June 27th and it has about 1,800 miles on it, haven't even started payments yet!) I realized... this EUC is gonna be what saves my butt.  I'll ride it around town, unless I need to transport someone or something.  It'll be fun, act as stress relief, get me out of the house, make for a great conversation starter, take me places my car can't and best of all, it'll save me a lot of money on car usage.

Damned site better than a hover board, although I do miss how easy it was to learn.  Going from mastery to completely unfamiliar is never a good feeling, but I'm learning faster than I expected to after that first day!

4 hours ago, Catlord17 said:

Then Christmas season hit and my friend who owned a hobby shop selling RC cars etc. started selling hover boards.  I knew the 6 and 8 inch ones would not suit my needs, but the 10 inch one would.  I made him a deal for an (at the time) $800 10 inch hover board that got me the wheel for $200 cash, plus a few bottles of high end custom fragrance I created for him (I am a student of perfumery, and when we finish getting things ready, my job title will have "/perfumer" at the end).  

Wow, I've never known anyone who did that ... what an unusual profession.  I loved the Patrick Susskind book and Dustin Hoffman movie "Perfume," by the way.  Brilliant and very poetic descriptions of understanding the world b smell in the book.

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Wow, I've never known anyone who did that ... what an unusual profession.  I loved the Patrick Susskind book and Dustin Hoffman movie "Perfume," by the way.  Brilliant and very poetic descriptions of understanding the world b smell in the book.

I wish I could say I am fully knowledgeable, but I have a lot more to learn.  There are a LOT of areas of study within the world of perfumery, and memorizing the notes is definitely not made easier by the fact that I have components I can't even smell (straight guys don't usually get as far as gay guys or women in that regard), some types of component can have 30+ different possible variants, some of these components are insanely expensive and of course several new perfumery components are invented each year... so I'm not going for knowing everything.  I just want to master making fragrances that I can charge a lot of money for and still have my customers feel like they got more than they paid for.

That movie was wonderfully done.  I have also done work in the field of pheromones, so it was even more apropos.  Sadly, no pheromones on earth can do that. Very gladly, too, because then we wouldn't have madmen killing beautiful women, living works of art, for their pheromones!

For all it's wonders and pleasures, it's a frustrating job.  I've been teaching myself for 4 years now.  Some of my projects have been 2+ years trying to work out how to do something, and still I fail.  I, however, am not known for giving up on a challenge when I want something!  :D In the mean time, I have created a handful of fragrances that are good enough that my business partner and I will begin selling them in the not too distant future.  Much respect for those who do this for a living!  My primary profession is even more unusual, lol.  But we've gone off topic enough. :)

12 hours ago, Catlord17 said:

I wish I could say I am fully knowledgeable, but I have a lot more to learn.  There are a LOT of areas of study within the world of perfumery, and memorizing the notes is definitely not made easier by the fact that I have components I can't even smell (straight guys don't usually get as far as gay guys or women in that regard), some types of component can have 30+ different possible variants, some of these components are insanely expensive and of course several new perfumery components are invented each year... so I'm not going for knowing everything.  I just want to master making fragrances that I can charge a lot of money for and still have my customers feel like they got more than they paid for.

That movie was wonderfully done.  I have also done work in the field of pheromones, so it was even more apropos.  Sadly, no pheromones on earth can do that. Very gladly, too, because then we wouldn't have madmen killing beautiful women, living works of art, for their pheromones!

For all it's wonders and pleasures, it's a frustrating job.  I've been teaching myself for 4 years now.  Some of my projects have been 2+ years trying to work out how to do something, and still I fail.  I, however, am not known for giving up on a challenge when I want something!  :D In the mean time, I have created a handful of fragrances that are good enough that my business partner and I will begin selling them in the not too distant future.  Much respect for those who do this for a living!  My primary profession is even more unusual, lol.  But we've gone off topic enough. :)

Yeah, don't wanna derail too much.  I don't know why, but for some reason this is very interesting to me.  Probably because of the way the book blew my mind ... even though I previously had absolutely zero interest in the subject.  Not perfume so much as apprehending, understanding, and navigating the world by senses alternative to the ones humans normally rely on.  Which to me is a mind-bender to try to picture.

Anyway I wish you much luck.  It sounds very intriguing.

Walking to work during peak hour took as much time as driving. But I felt a bit too lazy to walk half an hour each way everyday. Also, with property prices skyrocketing near Seattle (curse Amazon and their aggressive hiring and all that), I realized that buying a house would be a lot more easier if I could solve the last-mile problem (and I don't want to own a car if I can help it).

I did quite a bit of research on electronic personal transportation vehicles - but most of them weren't pavement legal, and I planned to ride on a lot of pavement (I know that "pavement legal" doesn't really matter as much as "don't be an idiot", but it still gives me some peace of mind). I didn't even think of EUCs until one of my colleagues posted a video for the Ninebot.

My first thought was "this looks cool enough that I might get away with deceiving my co-workers into thinking I'm not too lazy to walk" (which would definitely happen if I got a Segway). Further research made the EUC much more attractive. It was fast and agile. The larger wheel made it an actual "go anywhere on any terrain" option. And regardless of their inferior product, I think Solowheel is part of the reason why EUCs are pavement-legal in Washington state! (Other electric mobility vehicles are pavement-legal in Seattle, but I'm not sure what happens beyond city limits).

I got an Airwheel X3 to learn on (shipped from China, not the greatest shipping experience). Spent 15 minutes a day on it, and rode it to work one week later (with a lot of carrying it around turns that I wasn't comfortable performing). After one week, I got sick of the speed limit, and ordered an InMotion V5F (this time with amazing customer service from ewheels), which I now use on my commute to work everyday (3 miles, about 15 minutes depending on traffic lights and pavement traffic - especially the kind where some couple decides that they need to take up the entire pavement for their long slow romantic walks).

On 6/25/2017 at 10:20 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm always curious as to how people got started in riding on a single wheeled, electronic balancing device.  What got you started in this crazy hobby/sport/activity?

For me, I saw a video by Walk Off the Earth where some of the background dancers were riding on mini segway rides.  Interestingly enough I think they were Inventist Hovertrax hoverboards.

I've always been fascinated by the self-balancing technology ever since the original Segways were invented, but the cost and size was too prohibitive.  The Walk Off The Earth video led me to discover Casey Neistat who reviewed the $200 hoverboard thing:

This was of course before all the fire scares were reported.  I ordered one from AliExpress, and it was a lot of fun.  Incredibly nimble and amazing to ride.  After buying another hoverboard with larger wheels from AliExpress, I saw a video showing these EUC's which blew my mind.

I quickly bought a cheapo generic wheel to try out from AliExpress as it was actually cheaper than the hoverboards I had purchased.  I had a heck of a time learning to ride it.  It was so difficult to trust the wheel with a slight forward lean that I almost thought I would never be able to ride.  After persisting at it, I finally was able to do some rudimentary laps around a basketball court and ended up purchasing a Ninebot One E+ never looking back since.  The hoverboards are collecting dust downstairs, but I hope to sell them off.  How did you get interested in electric unicycles?  What's your story?  How did it all begin for you?

I joke you not, the Casey Neistat hover board vid was my beginning too! However, unlike you, I found euc vids and watched them for like a year before pulling the trigger. Bought a Segway S1, put about 140 miles on it, and then bought the kingsong KS18S. I have about 50 miles on it so far.  Good times!

I was looking for something to drive around in the paddock of the race tracks I visit. I do everything on foot now, but there is quite some distance to cover sometimes, and some tracks have got multi level paddocks (Spa Francorchamps being the best example). I backed some Indiegogo campaign for a high end electric foldable scooter in 2016, but as is usual with these things they keep on getting delayed and delayed and delayed (nothing wrong there, that's the risk you take) so I was looking for another solution, and then I stumbled upon this. What I also like is that it's a new challenge. Something to learn again!

What's important too is that none of your buddies in the paddock will take your device "just to quickly do something", which always ends up with the guy driving off for half an hour or more and you not being able to use your bike/scooter when you actually need it. :ph34r:

I'll probably use the electric foldable scooter (once it arrives .... ) when it's very crowded (during popular races) as I think it will be easier for a lot of start/stop traffic on very crowded places, and use the euc for our normal races or track days.

And as usual things got quickly out of hand. What I thought was going to be a $500 purchase of a wheel ended up, after some research, most of it on this forum in:

- a $1000 Inmotion V8 from our official reseller

- a $250 "learner" wheel from Amazon

- Protection to stick on the wheel

- a helmet and some wrist protection

- a stand to park the wheel at home

- hours spent on this forum reading up on things :P 

It will be fun to go and ride with my daughter too. She is nearly six and starts enjoying riding her bicycle, so we can do some trips together. She on her bike and me on the wheel. 

Archived