charging voltage

LukasF

I wanted to have a second charger for my ninebot, but the original charger is very expensive. So I ordered a charger from china. The voltage is 62.7 V compared to 61.8 V of the original charger, measured with multimeter.

Is this a problem? I hope not, because 62.7/15 =4.18<4.2, but I just want to make sure

Just now, LukasF said:

I wanted to have a second charger for my ninebot, but the original charger is very expensive. So I ordered a charger from china. The voltage is 62.7 V compared to 61.8 V of the original charger, measured with multimeter.

Is this a problem? I hope not, because 62.7/15 =4.18<4.2, but I just want to make sure

Should be fine - anyhow with a charger from china you should controll the max output voltage with a voltmeter before using it!

Normally there are three small trim potentiometers inside for max voltage, max current and "idle" current adjustment and they can be "off"...

Thank you, that is very useful information! So I could also get another chinese charger and adjust the voltage with that one to let's say 60 V, so it would only charge to less than 100% and thereby giving me more battery life?

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I had several shutoffs with my Ninebot One E+. The first time this happend was after I was riding in very very heavy rain for a longer time.

It did not shut off while riding through the water, but the next day when I was riding in good weather.

So maybe it is because of some water damage.

But I also noticed that the shutoffs happen much more often when I just start to ride with a full battery. Very often there is a shutoff on the first 20 meters that I ride. So maybe the 0.9V extra can lead to an overvoltage shutoff?

1 hour ago, LukasF said:

But I also noticed that the shutoffs happen much more often when I just start to ride with a full battery. Very often there is a shutoff on the first 20 meters that I ride. So maybe the 0.9V extra can lead to an overvoltage shutoff?

Thats quite possible if this first 20 meters are downhill.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:56 AM, LukasF said:

Thank you, that is very useful information! So I could also get another chinese charger and adjust the voltage with that one to let's say 60 V, so it would only charge to less than 100% and thereby giving me more battery life?

You could get a charge doctor and set it to 90%, I think they are less than 20 dollars.  Ewheels.com sells them I think, just make sure you ask for one with the Ninebot specific charge plug.  Probably 1radworksstatdt has them also,  located in Germany.  Sorry, I don't spell German word correctly.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

You could get a charge doctor and set it to 90%, I think they are less than 20 dollars.  Ewheels.com sells them I think, just make sure you ask for one with the Ninebot specific charge plug.  Probably 1radworksstatdt has them also,  located in Germany.  Sorry, I don't spell German word correctly.

Or it can be ordered from here: http://hobby16.neowp.fr/buy/

About voltage, can you help me?

In the wheel comparsion in the site ewheel:

msuper 1500w - 84,v

Kingsong 1500w - 67,2v

What this means? Msuper as more power with the same BATTERY?

This means smaller current (wires, connectors), less heat on system board (smaller radiator, no fan, etc...), higher RPM=wheel max. speed (In BLDC motors RPM also depends on the power supply voltage), higher system efficient (higher voltage=less losses).

Archived