My new MSuper V3s+ and Gotway Screwed Us

Yeah, ,how well you can still use your hands is a major consideration IMO, unless you're in a skate park or something like that, completely dedicated to nothing but wheeling.  No negotiating streets, needing to grab anything with any dexterity, needing to lean on something without simply falling into it with a whack or a crunch.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

I wear these  on my rides and a full face healmet and knee guards   

58f6e111f0d29_fullarmour.jpg.6a5def78b9be3c631c88727daa5b2d94.jpg58f6c7c56541b_wristguards.jpg.7b1f90e8c54764e357b2973034b54020.jpg

I like the idea of torso protection as well as hip. I used to have it built in my motorcycle gear. Full on motorbike gear seems overkill though and highly inconvenient. I plan most of my wheel rides to be commuting or trips to the store etc. I'm sure I'll take pleasure rides (I hope they all will be pleasurable) but I need to mix practicality with protection.

With that in mind I'm looking for undergarments (shirts or pants) that can provide additional protection. Especially to shoulders, back, and hips. There are a lot of padded shirts out there but they are mainly built for American football players and the shoulder padding doesn't extend over the shoulder. I just found these though:

http://www.storelli.com/bodyshield-gk-3-4-undershirt-white.html

http://www.storelli.com/bodyshield-goalkeeper-shorts-356.html

The shirt could be worn on it's own which would be nice in the FL heat. The pants have 6mm padding around the hip and thigh.

Full range here:

http://www.storelli.com/all

Anyone had any experience with this brand or any further suggestions on protecting the non-standard areas? This would all be in addition to wrist, knee, and elbow protectors as well as a full face downhill helmet and over the ankle leather walking boots. Also considering a back protector as this was a must for me on my motorbike when I had it.

base_sliders_2016.png

bodyshield_gk_3_4_shirt_white_2_1.png

6 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I like the idea of torso protection as well as hip. I used to have it built in my motorcycle gear. Full on motorbike gear seems overkill though and highly inconvenient. I plan most of my wheel rides to be commuting or trips to the store etc. I'm sure I'll take pleasure rides (I hope they all will be pleasurable) but I need to mix practicality with protection.

With that in mind I'm looking for undergarments (shirts or pants) that can provide additional protection. Especially to shoulders, back, and hips. There are a lot of padded shirts out there but they are mainly built for American football players and the shoulder padding doesn't extend over the shoulder. I just found these though:

The shirt could be worn on it's own which would be nice in the FL heat. The pants have 6mm padding around the hip and thigh.

Full range here:

Anyone had any experience with this brand or any further suggestions on protecting the non-standard areas? This would all be in addition to wrist, knee, and elbow protectors as well as a full face downhill helmet and over the ankle leather walking boots. Also considering a back protector as this was a must for me on my motorbike when I had it.

base_sliders_2016.png

bodyshield_gk_3_4_shirt_white_2_1.png

While they certainly look cool, I wonder what makes them stand out compared to other soccer goalie protections - they're like 50% more expensive than Adidas matching offers...

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

While they certainly look cool, I wonder what makes them stand out compared to other soccer goalie protections - they're like 50% more expensive than Adidas matching offers...

Maybe nothing. I haven't looked at other brands yet. These just seemed to offer the right shape and amount of padding in the right areas.  I'll look at other offerings for goal keepers.

12 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Full range here:

base_sliders_2016.png

I just bought those shorts.  I can't say anything worthwhile about their use because I haven't tried them out yet, but they are very comfortable and do give me a feeling of additional safety.  They work just fine under my pants.

50 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I just bought those shorts.  I can't say anything worthwhile about their use because I haven't tried them out yet, but they are very comfortable and do give me a feeling of additional safety.  They work just fine under my pants.

Do you find they provide padding where it is needed for EUCs. Hip bones etc.

11 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Do you find they provide padding where it is needed for EUCs. Hip bones etc.

It's not complete, or as heavily armored as some, but the padded areas somehow look bigger and more useful in person than they do in the photo.  

I honestly don't know how much more coverage I would want on, say, the hips, because mobility might be affected and breathability would probably be significantly affected.  I am willing to sacrifice some breathability by wearing the shorts under my pants, but truly complete coverage would probably be unbearable to wear in summer.    

@Marty Backe  nice. I even just double checked page 5. That had your original crash,  I thought you got air on that one vs this retest. But they look about the same (aside from the oscillation from the original).

any details on the firmware reflash?  Annoying how updates are required by reps instead of app download.

17 minutes ago, SeattleAbarth said:

@Marty Backe  nice. I even just double checked page 5. That had your original crash,  I thought you got air on that one vs this retest. But they look about the same (aside from the oscillation from the original).

any details on the firmware reflash?  Annoying how updates are required by reps instead of app download.

It's hard to repeat the test perfectly, but I'm satisfied.

Did you read my new post - what more do you need regarding the firmware?

On 7/2/2017 at 3:57 AM, Scatcat said:

So, I've ordered my flexmeters now. Ended up ordering them from the Netherlands.

For a product that is clearly guarded as superior it was pretty hard to find dealers...

You can see a little review of the Flexmeters in my Gear Video

On 7/1/2017 at 10:20 AM, WARPed1701D said:

As part of the video could you see if it is still feasible to pick up a wheel by the handle with these on or if you have to remove the plate to do so. If so... how easy is it to remove the plate. Just separate the velcro mentioned earlier?

See my video here. Sorry, I didn't answer your questions. I can say that the plate is very secure with the Velcro, but you can peel it off. It takes effort though (which is a good thing if you think about it). I can pick up my wheel with them on.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

See my video here. Sorry, I didn't answer your questions. I can say that the plate very secure with the velcro, but you can peel it off. But it takes effort (which is a good thing if you think about it). I can pick up my wheel with them on.

The video really did answer it as I got to see what they look like when fitted. The plate doesn't extend forward as much as I expected so gripping shouldn't be a problem. They look good.

4 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

The video really did answer it as I got to see what they look like when fitted. The plate doesn't extend forward as much as I expected so gripping shouldn't be a problem. They look good.

I want mine to arrive already!

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

See my video here. Sorry, I didn't answer your questions. I can say that the plate is very secure with the Velcro, but you can peel it off. It takes effort though (which is a good thing if you think about it). I can pick up my wheel with them on.

I keep looking at your title frame and thinking that the wristguards would be excellent for backhanding side-swiping cyclists in self-defence. :lol:

3 minutes ago, litewave said:

I keep looking at your title frame and thinking that the wristguards would be excellent for backhanding side-swiping cyclists in self-defence. :lol:

Does kind of look like armor :D

Hi!

I was about to buy a MCM4 (not sure if HS or V3) at "green and fashion travaling shop"...  I am not sure if this model is afected with the oscillation problem. Anyway, maybe it is better to wait a litle before buying a Gotway EUC.

What do you recomend me?

...Marty I am so sorry for your bad experience.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:17 PM, litewave said:

That sounds like a much safer self defense method than some of my past posts. :)

22 minutes ago, Curro said:

Hi!

I was about to buy a MCM4 (not sure if HS or V3) at "green and fashion travaling shop"...  I am not sure if this model is afected with the oscillation problem. Anyway, maybe it is better to wait a litle before buying a Gotway EUC.

What do you recomend me?

Is there an actual Gotway dealer in your country where you can purchase a new wheel? Parts and skilled customer service are important considerations when selecting a dealer. Both Ewheels and Speedyfeet come to mind. They will ship around the world.

1 hour ago, Curro said:

Hi!

What do you recomend me?

...Marty I am so sorry for your bad experience.

I've never heard of any issues with the MCM. It's a different category (lower power motor, etc.) than the MSuper and ACM, where the firmware problems arose. If I were to bet I would say the MCM4 is an unaffected wheel. If you can buy from Speedyfeet that's what I would recommend because of his high standard of customer service. I bought three Gotway's from him; my ACM, MSuper V3, and Monster.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 10:10 PM, Marty Backe said:

My hand is slightly better, but I don't have the strength (without pain) to open an already opened bottle of mayonnaise. Lots of bruise bones and tenons in the palm area.

nociceptive pain.??

"

Common Types of chronic pain

Chronic pain usually falls into one of two categories:

Nociceptive pain is caused by damage to body tissue and usually described as a sharp, aching, or throbbing pain. This kind of pain can be due to benign pathology; or by tumors or cancer cells that are growing larger and crowding other body parts near the cancer site. Nociceptive pain may also be caused by cancer spreading to the bones, muscles, or joints, or that causes the blockage of an organ or blood vessels.

Neuropathic pain occurs when there is actual nerve damage. Nerves connect the spinal cord to the rest of the body and allow the brain to communicate with the skin, muscles and internal organs. Nutritional imbalance, alcoholism, toxins, infections or auto-immunity can all damage this pathway and cause pain. Neuropathic pain can also be caused by a cancer tumor pressing on a nerve or a group of nerves. People often describe this pain as a burning or heavy sensation, or numbness along the path of the affected nerve."

http://www.medtronicneuro.com.au/chronic_pain_commontypes.html

"Nociception (also nocioception ornociperception, from Latin nocere 'to harm or hurt') is the sensory nervous system'sresponse to certain harmful or potentially harmful stimuli. In nociception, intense chemical (e.g., chili powder in the eyes), mechanical (e.g., cutting, crushing), or thermal (heat and cold) stimulation of sensory nerve cells called nociceptors produces a signal that travels along a chain of nerve fibers via the spinal cord to the brain.[1] Nociception triggers a variety of physiological and behavioral responses and usually results in a subjective experience of pain in sentientbeings.[2]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nociception

Archived