Southern California River Trail Ride - 25Jun2017

Marty Backe

I'm taking my new MSuper V3s+ for a shakedown ride this Sunday morning. Please join me if you want a 35 mile grand tour of some nice river trails.

We will start in Downey, riding a few miles of streets and sidewalks to join the Coyote Creek trail, taking it south to where it joins the San Gabriel river and then back up north. Along the way we will visit and ride 5 very nice parks and do some riding in the bottom of the rivers. I've ridden this loop a few times, and it's a fun time. This is all A+ trail conditions - smooth and fast.

Here's the parking lot that we will meet at Sunday morning at 9am: https://goo.gl/maps/budEShkXuk82

Respond to this post and we will wait for you to arrive.

Hope to see you there.
   Marty

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@HeavyGoing @zentype @n2eus @swvision

Arg!

I'd love to do that ride, but I'll be in an airplane.

Good luck with the shakedown Marty.  I've been reading the threads.  Have you been practicing your tuck and roll parkour skills?

(Just kidding.)

Q~

15 minutes ago, Sven said:

As you figured already, I'm in! Lol 

see you then marty

8am right? 

Great. And no, the posted time was 9am. The temperatures are going to be much cooler on the weekend.

50 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Sunday's just aren't good for me anymore. 

Now if it was Saturday ................

Allen

I'm pretty sure that there will be a group ride in the late afternoon of July 8th, to host our buddy from New Zealand, @The Fat Unicyclist. Just waiting for him to confirm the date.

19 minutes ago, enigma35 said:

Friend of mine is in town and has a V8 so might be limited to something like 20 miles. Is there a loop back or shortened version for those of us without gotway monster type EUCs?

@Marty Backe do you happen to have a map of where we're going? Something like on http://www.mappedometer.com/ or http://onthegomap.com?

I have a Google  Earth track of the entire ride that I'll post here tonight. I suspect the only practical alternative would be to park one car at the midway point (a park) and stop there. You certainly don't need a Monster for this ride, but yeah, it is designed for an extended range EUC (KS16, KS18, ACM, MSuper, Monster). Any wheel with ~800wh battery should be able to do it (I've ridden it with my 820wh MSuper).

9 minutes ago, Sven said:

I'm just curious, Do you think we can make all the way to the seal beach and come back? Seems not too far from your turning point looking at the map

Absolutely. But it'll depend on who else is joining us. That's why I limited it to ~35 miles.

I've taken it to Seal Beach. It's fun to do at least once.

Count me in. And if your up to it, do you want to try out your new Msuper on that BrokeBacke hill in Chino on Saturday? We can find out if you're still in the doghouse with them Gotway Gods:o and I can test out the upgraded "World Famous ACM2040".:D

14 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Count me in. And if your up to it, do you want to try out your new Msuper on that BrokeBacke hill in Chino on Saturday? We can find out if you're still in the doghouse with them Gotway Gods:o and I can test out the upgraded "World Famous ACM2040".:D

I do want to make that ride again, and I know that Andy does too. But to be honest I will walk whatever wheel I'm on partially up the hill, or take a few breaks on the ascent. Until Gotway makes fundamental changes to the wiring harness it's not worth it (to me) to stress the wiring. Remember the hill where your ACM wires broke? This one was steeper and probably twice as long.

Our 28th anniversary is Saturday so I have other plans :) 

3 hours ago, enigma35 said:

Friend of mine is in town and has a V8 so might be limited to something like 20 miles. Is there a loop back or shortened version for those of us without gotway monster type EUCs?

@Marty Backe do you happen to have a map of where we're going? Something like on http://www.mappedometer.com/ or http://onthegomap.com?

Here is the Google Earth track for the ride. It's ~30 miles, but does not include the various park rides that are adjacent to the rivers.

20170219 - MSuper Ride on Coyote & San Gabriel Trails.kmz

49 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Are you still on for the Sunday ride? Maybe you'd feel better if you grab the monster and we revisit Cogswell?;)

Keep pushing that Cogswell ride :D

My hand is pretty bad right now. If it doesn't show some improvement by Saturday I may cancel, but I'd still like to make the ride if I can. I'll be on my Monster of course.

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Keep pushing that Cogswell ride :D

My hand is pretty bad right now. If it doesn't show some improvement by Saturday I may cancel, but I'd still like to make the ride if I can. I'll be on my Monster of course.

Don't push yourself too hard marty, we can do this any other sundays!

14 minutes ago, Sven said:

Don't push yourself too hard marty, we can do this any other sundays!

I won't, believe me. But if my hand is showing improvement I'd like to ride. Will let you know Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I won't, believe me. But if my hand is showing improvement I'd like to ride. Will let you know Saturday.

Maybe it's time  to start using the "other" hand? Of course that is if it is okay with @Hunka Hunka Burning Love.:D

The ride is still a go guys. Fortunately we don't need our hands to ride :)  This is probably the best trail riding for me right now - all paved with no dirt/gravel to deal with. I don't want to fall when I only have use of one hand.

See you at 9am

18 minutes ago, Sven said:

Got it. I will be there at 0900

by the way im back here at schabarum park right now lol

That was a nice park. What we rode was short, but maybe you can see if there's more to ride there (how many miles of tails?)

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That was a nice park. What we rode was short, but maybe you can see if there's more to ride there (how many miles of tails?)

Remember the horse stable at the end of our ride? If you go up further, there was a long trail into the mountain... try google earth you will see it

Archived