I’m Done!

TechShizzle

Ok, truth be told I underwent lumbar fusion surgery last week. Was able to walk 6 miles 2 days after surgery, and did over 7 miles the day after that. Now I can walk as far as I want painfree.

I haven’t been able to walk more than a quarter of a mile before walking became increasingly painful in MANY years-thus the need for spine surgery.

BUT, this means the V8 goes in virtual storage for at least 3 months-and likely 6 months or more-to let the fusion set. As I had been putting about 90 miles a month on it, it’s going to take some adjustment not being able to ride it.

I’m going to miss it, but I miss painfree walking more!

And for anyone wondering, one of the reasons I put so many miles on it was that the side to side motion of riding the V8 really helped relieve a lot of the back pain.

I hope the fusion works out for you.  Someone told me, that some UFC guy had a fusion and was able to go back fighting.

I had L3 or L4 back surgery about 8 years ago.  Basically the jell was pushing on the nerve so they snip some out.  I never regain my full strength back.  For me, I wish I had money to take off a few months to heal vs surgery.

I don't know if it's wistful thinking but I've drop one belt size since riding the EUC.  I didn't lose weight just the belt size.

7 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

I hope the fusion works out for you.  Someone told me, that some UFC guy had a fusion and was able to go back fighting.

Some of those guys are really nuts though.

7 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

don't know if it's wistful thinking but I've drop one belt size since riding the EUC.  I didn't lose weight just the belt size.

Maybe traded some fat for muscle?  Happens sometimes.  Muscle weighing more than fat, and all.

Archived