Glad to be alive!

Rehab1

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Something happened to me yesterday. I have lost all enthusiasm to ride. 

After all you have gone through I can understand. 

Just take a break. Regroup. Rejoin when you are ready. 

I am so sad for all these prior and resent issues. If your insurance covers the possessions then that solves one issue. 

But i believe you should have a check. You had your chest compressed. All you vital organs are there. I think an examination is required. 

Second: You experience a extreme life ending event and survived and suffered emotional trauma and PTSD is a real issue.  

My wife fell down the stairs and suffers from fear and panic all the time. Getting better after a year and she only broke an elbow and shoulder. But the fallling terror has affected her emotionally. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/18/2017 at 10:27 PM, Rehab1 said:

I had a bad feeling about putting in my watercraft this weekend. I should have listened to my inner thoughts

I've had similar things happen but not to that degree.  Where everything seems to be going fine, but in the back of your mind something feels not quite right, but you think to yourself, aww, it's nothing.  You had a premonition.  Hope you got checked out and are okay!

On 6/19/2017 at 5:56 PM, Rehab1 said:

Something happened to me yesterday. I have lost all enthusiasm to ride. 

Hopefully it's just a short term feeling and you'll soon be back riding and the ride will take your cares away. You need to take the positive from this in that something serious happened and you survived! The things damaged can be replaced but you can't. Obviously it wasn't your time and now you should look on life with fresh eyes and make the most of it.

Sorry but it took me awhile to venture back to this topic. Thanks for everyone's kind words!

On 6/18/2017 at 11:13 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

#2 - Put the truck (and everything that was in it) into a huge bag of rice... 3-4 days, and it'll all be fine! 

If I never see a huge bag of rice again in my life I will be a happy man! We bought over 125 pounds of rice and covered all of the equipment while stored in plastic bags.. All of the equipment is fried. Now the insurance is questioning the amount of electronic gear I had in my truck. They are more than welcome to have the stuff as it just brings back bad memories.

Oh boy, can't resist...

Sounds like your day got sunk; the dangers of having an aquatance as the current driver. An hour wet, well, that's certainly a long time for salmon to help you. I'm sure this wasn't done on porpoise, but your insurance company might sea this as an enrichment oppor-tuna-ty, oar do you have pretty good insurance? 

I'm sure you must have been whaling as the your pickup disa-pier-ed

On 6/22/2017 at 7:25 AM, Rehab1 said:

Sorry but it took me awhile to venture back to this topic. Thanks for everyone's kind words!

If I never see a huge bag of rice again in my life I will be a happy man! We bought over 125 pounds of rice and covered all of the equipment while stored in plastic bags.. All of the equipment is fried. Now the insurance is questioning the amount of electronic gear I had in my truck. They are more than welcome to have the stuff as it just brings back bad memories.

Glad you are well. Hope you got a check up on your body. I am sure the insurance will see the light. You have witnesses. And I am sure there is lake water evidence inside. 

Get well. And meditate the event. I would not be shy to see a professional. That even was traumatic and it might linger for a while. Better to get it out by seeing a professional. Don't want to let it cement in you brain. I don't want to sound like giving too much advice but I have seen many personally and they suddenly show up in your daily life in other unrelated experiences. So if you feel some butterflies just driving around or in stressful situations it might be triggered by your trauma. See someone just in case. 

Anyway glad you are well. 

33 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Glad you are well. Hope you got a check up on your body. I am sure the insurance will see the light. You have witnesses. And I am sure there is lake water evidence inside. 

Get well. And meditate the event. I would not be shy to see a professional. That even was traumatic and it might linger for a while. Better to get it out by seeing a professional. Don't want to let it cement in you brain. I don't want to sound like giving too much advice but I have seen many personally and they suddenly show up in your daily life in other unrelated experiences. So if you feel some butterflies just driving around or in stressful situations it might be triggered by your trauma. See someone just in case. 

Anyway glad you are well. 

Thanks Carlos! Doin better now! 

Oh the insurance has seen a bright light considering the cost they will have to shell out as the truck was just declared a total loss! Speaking of bright light I will probably need to put on sunglasses when my next insurance statement arrives.B)

And the hits just keep on coming! The cops just left my house after someone mowed down our mailboxes last night! That individual has one messed up car at the moment!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

And the hits just keep on coming! The cops just left my house after someone mowed down our mailboxes last night! That individual has one messed up car at the moment!

Man that sucks! I hate it when people are irresponsible (even if it was an honest mistake - not drunken driving - they could have stopped) and cost you countless hours of work.

I wonder if it was a large industrial type truck. Hard to image those posts would not have caused them to lose control and crash.

Just finished talking to the cops again.  They found the truck! Ford F150 all bashed in with oil all over the driveway thanks to my behemoth 1/4 steel plate mailbox! The guy left an oil slick right to his house. Oh course everyone the police spoke to at the house denied driving the truck. It appears it was a disgruntled employee that took out 10 mail boxes along the 1/2 mile long route that belonged to many family members who own this company. He just decided to take a few additional boxes for the hell of it! Well he messed with the wrong box!!  :cheers: Going out to reset the post in concrete.

15 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Just finished talking to the cops again.  They found the truck! Ford F150 all bashed in with oil all over the driveway thanks to my behemoth 1/4 steel plate mailbox! The guy left an oil slick right to his house. Oh course everyone the police spoke to at the house denied driving the truck. It appears it was a disgruntled employee that took out 10 mail boxes along the 1/2 mile long route that belonged to many family members who own this company. He just decided to take a few additional boxes for the hell of it! Well he messed with the wrong box!!  :cheers: Going out to reset the post in concrete.

That, is a fantastic outcome. I LOVE it. Make sure you get every dime that you are owed from them.

Scary, if this disgruntled employee had a few more screws loose, they'd use a gun. Must be worrisome sometimes to own a small company.

Wow what a horrible week you've had. Sorry for the delay in responding I've been off the forum for a few months. 

Glad you're ok physically. Time will reduce the trauma.  Want to speed it up? Try this:

picture the scene of the truck underwater, or you crushed again the dock, your choice.  Imagine it in your head as a photograph.

now, still in your head, imagine a comical, brightly coloured picture frame around it, now add silly music like the music that is typically played when clowns enter the circus ring.  Now draw, in your mind still, silly bright colours all over the picture, if you're In the picture, draw a silly hat on your head, add a clowns nose, draw ugly glasses, a big nose. Keep the silly music going, draw paper boats on the water, maybe a shark fin.  Use your imagination.  Now tilt the photo left and right with the music, spin it in circles.  Make it zoom in and zoom out.  Now spin it and zoom it slowly out so that it shrinks into the distance getting smaller and smaller.  Now make it disappear into a speck, and now, nothing  

I know this sounds silly, but what this does is change the image in your mind from one of stress to one of humour.  Once you've done this you probably won't be able to imagine that same image, without the comical stuff your mind added to it.

try. It.  If it does no good I'll give you your money back.

Smoother.

:blink:  You smokin' the ganja, Smoothy?  :lol:  Actually that sounds like a cool technique to try.  People often forget that it is their own minds that determines if they are happy or stressed.  It's all about how one interprets situations that occur in life.  

You're the only person that can ultimately make yourself happy in life.  Others can influence you, but the power of your mind and how you choose to view things is very influential.  I'm no psychologistologist (hmm that doesn't work with that word <_<), but that's my take home message that I've learned over the years.

Rehab1 lost a lot of material goods, but insurance hopefully will cover those things.  The important thing is that he is okay and able to live another day!  What's more important than that?

That guy driving the truck should learn some techniques to handle or deal with stress.  Mowing down a bunch of mailboxes in a drunken craze will just deepen his list of troubles.

The officer just stopped by ( I love small communities) to let me know he charged the 22 yr old kid but the prosecutor may not be able to obtain a conviction because there is no proof he was actually driving the truck. If my son did something like this I would personally hand him over to the authorities! The mom and dad covering for him will only ruin the kid's life further! He needs intervention.

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The officer just stopped by ( I love small communities) to let me know he charged the 22 yr old kid but the prosecutor may not be able to obtain a conviction because there is no proof he was actually driving the truck. If my son did something like this I would personally hand him over to the authorities! The mom and dad covering for him will only ruin the kid's life further! He needs intervention.

Beyond words, especially in a small community. So gremlins took the truck for a joy ride? Where common sense. Nobody but you and the insurance company gets to cleanup the mess. Sucks man.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I know this sounds silly, but what this does is change the image in your mind from one of stress to one of humour.  Once you've done this you probably won't be able to imagine that same image, without the comical stuff your mind added to it.

try. It.  If it does no good I'll give you your money back.

Nothing silly about it. I just tried the technique and it does provide relief! Thanks! I wished you were around Sunday evening!:)

44 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You're the only person that can ultimately make yourself happy in life.  Others can influence you, but the power of your mind and how you choose to view things is very influential.  I'm no psychologistologist (hmm that doesn't work with that word <_<), but that's my take home message that I've learned over the years.

Your exactly correct! I have read many self coaching books. My favorite is 'The Power Of Now' by Elkhart Tolle. 

46 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Rehab1 lost a lot of material goods, but insurance hopefully will cover those things.  The important thing is that he is okay and able to live another day!  What's more important than that?

A check did arrive today. My insurance company took me at my word on my itemized list I submitted. I am just amazed how fast the claim was processed! I'm sure the actual truck claim will be resolved next week as the adjuster has already declared it a total loss. Not sure how the entire process works being it was a lease. 

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Beyond words, especially in a small community. So gremlins took the truck for a joy ride? Where common sense. Nobody but you and the insurance company gets to cleanup the mess. Sucks man.

All cleaned up. Took a couple hours max. I still need to mount the box. It needed painting anyway. I hauled neighbor's boxes and posts across the street into their yards so traffic would not hit the debris. They are gone for the weekend. Boy will they be surprised when they return! 

I cannot believe the mail lady! She sees my mailbox upended beside the road, stops her vehicle, opens the lid and deposits the mail. So stupid after seeing 9 other boxes lying in the road! She should have came up the driveway and handed me the mail. Not very bright! 

:w00t2:  Good news!  Good news!  Plus you get to keep some spare parts if you can get them working again?  That KS motor should be sealed up pretty well.

Positive thinking always trumps negative thoughts.  Some people believe it also helps steer your course through life.

Here's what I repeat to myself on a daily basis:  I WILL be invited to that supermodel orgy.  I WILL be invited to that supermodel orgy.... :dribble: I WILL win the next lottery!  I WILL win that next lottery!

Sometimes though you learn to live with constant disappointment.  :crying:

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  Good news!  Good news!  Plus you get to keep some spare parts if you can get them working again?  That KS motor should be sealed up pretty well.

I'm wondering if anyone has had their wheel totally submerged in 5 feet of water for a hour. When I took apart my ACM motor there were no gaskets beneath the covers to prevent water from leaking in. I believe the aluminum covers are satisfactory designed to protect the stator from occasional puddles but a full fledged total submersion is my concern. I suppose if I buy a new motor, board , battery pack and most importantly New Speakers, it might be salvageable. But the cost for everything might outweigh the $499 I paid for it.

Man that was one hell of a deal on the 14C as they are currently selling for $1099!

49 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has had their wheel totally submerged in 5 feet of water for a hour. When I took apart my ACM motor there were no gaskets beneath the covers to prevent water from leaking in. I believe the aluminum covers are satisfactory designed to protect the stator from occasional puddles but a full fledged total submersion is my concern. I suppose if I buy a new motor, board , battery pack and most importantly New Speakers, it might be salvageable. But the cost for everything might outweigh the $499 I paid for it.

Man that was one hell of a deal on the 14C as they are currently selling for $1099!

At that price I would wait for the 14S which is due any day now. I'm vary tempted, but I want to hear what Jason thinks about it.

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

At that price I would wait for the 14S which is due any day now. I'm vary tempted, but I want to hear what Jason thinks about it.

I agree, What is the ETA for the 14S @Jason McNeil's shipyard?

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has had their wheel totally submerged in 5 feet of water for a hour...

Remind me - was it salt or fresh water?

And does your insurance pay out the replacement cost, or what you paid for the 14C?

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree, What is the ETA for the 14S @Jason McNeil's shipyard?

No idea, other than maybe July. He's not selling it on his website but he's apparently getting at least one for his testing.

23 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

And does your insurance pay out the replacement cost, or what you paid for the 14C?

The insurance paid the replacement cost.

Along with the check I received yesterday for everything destroyed there was an itemization form I need to complete regarding cost, how old, do you have receipts, etc. The form then needs to be notarized. I just want my truck back! Hopefully I can pick one up this week. There is only one left on the lot in my color.  :( I should go over to the dealership tonight and put a sold sign on it!  :innocent1:

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No idea, other than maybe July. He's not selling it on his website but he's apparently getting at least one for his testing.

I decided to use my V8 when training my wife. I ordered a protective cover from Jason. I thought about fabricating another silicone cover but the stuff is getting expensive. The material I used on the KS was old stock.

Some say smashing stuff helps relieve one's tension so I decided to unleash my aggression on my mail box.:angry: You can see why my box destroyed the kid's truck! What a beast!

Archived