KS14C annot connect through app, but no problem connecting to speakers?

uran108

I got a problem.  When I try to connect using app, i hit SCAN and app see nothing. I tried different versions on different phones. At the same time I`m able to connect to speakers with no problem.

Does that mean that there is some problem ith my main board?

If your smartphone is running on Android 7 (or higher) try to activate the right to get the location for the app.

You find this in Android Settings / Apps / Kingsong / Permissions

Hope this helps!

23 hours ago, uran108 said:

I got a problem.  When I try to connect using app, i hit SCAN and app see nothing. I tried different versions on different phones. At the same time I`m able to connect to speakers with no problem.

Does that mean that there is some problem ith my main board?

You might not believe @One, but he is right. :)

First, the music connection and the app connection use 2 different logical bluetooth devices, and "Kingsongmusic" will always work well, because it has nothing to do with the Kingsong app, which uses a different logical (or virtual) device.

Second, as @One said, it is necessary to give the Kingsong App manually the "location" and "storage" permissions, because the Kingsong App developers didn't recognize that this should be done for Android 6 and above.

"location" is needed for a successful bluetooth connection, and "storage" is needed for a successful firmware upgrade, in case you want to do one in the future.

If you are technically interested, and want to know WHY the "location" permission must be given to an App from Android 6.0 onwards to have a successful bluetooth connection, then open a bug report at Google, but they will deny it and tell you this:

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/marshmallow/android-6.0-changes.html#behavior-hardware-id

You don't have to push the bluetooth button to connect for the app, just the speakers.

For me, connecting for using the speakers is tricky.  I eventually get it, but it often won't connect at first even though the blue LED is illuminated.  I keep futzing and it eventually works though.

11 hours ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

You don't have to push the bluetooth button to connect for the app, just the speakers.

For me, connecting for using the speakers is tricky.  I eventually get it, but it often won't connect at first even though the blue LED is illuminated.  I keep futzing and it eventually works though.

Ah yes, I have to Putz around too with the Bluetooth speakers unlike every other speaker/headphones that connects within seconds of powering the speaker on.

Instead, I have to unpair, reconnect, sometimes reboot the phone. It is a pain. I put up with it because KS with its speakers is kinda awesome.

7 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Ah yes, I have to Putz around too with the Bluetooth speakers unlike every other speaker/headphones that connects within seconds of powering the speaker on.

Instead, I have to unpair, reconnect, sometimes reboot the phone. It is a pain. I put up with it because KS with it's speakers is kinda awesome.

Hmm, when I turn on the KS16-S and my phone is somewhere nearby, the wheel says: "Hello, KingSong. Bluetooth is connected." and the speakers work instantly. No KS app or anything started on the phone, phone not even active (display off, standby). It works every time within a few seconds. Usually, when the wheel is done greeting itself, it immediately continues to tell me that bluetooth is connected as well. That's on a OnePlus 3T, Android 7.1.1. Just for reference.

18 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

Hmm, when I turn on the KS16-S and my phone is somewhere nearby, the wheel says: "Hello, KingSong. Bluetooth is connected." and the speakers work instantly. No KS app or anything started on the phone, phone not even active (display off, standby). It works every time within a few seconds. Usually, when the wheel is done greeting itself, it immediately continues to tell me that bluetooth is connected as well. That's on a OnePlus 3T, Android 7.1.1. Just for reference.

Same here, KS-16S 1.00 fw, Sony Z3 phone, always "Hello, KingSong. Bluetooth is connected" and the ongoing sound in the headphones will start to come out of the wheel instead, so i have to manually tell the phone to switch back to headphones.

Archived