Kingsong KS-16 white to black refresh

flass

I thought it was about time to refurbish my ks16 for the summer, and I have always jelaously been looking at the matte black shells.

First is the before picture. It is actually from a tire change last year, it was more scratches and marks on it now.

Next is in the middle of the shell replacement. Just removed the trolley handle to reach the top cover shell. 

Then a picture of the old shell and pedals (yes I did a try with black vinyl wrapping earlier this year, but I am far too restless to get that nice so I was not too happy about the result).

4th picture is the wheel with new shell and new pedals. Also new side pads without the kingsong logo. 

Picture 5, 6 and 7 shows some minor additional things. I put grip tape under the pedals. Apart from protect them from scratches I find it to be quite good looking. The very uncool reflectors on the front/rear/side are attached with hook-and-loop/velcro tape on pads cut out from those bumper foam strips that I have seen a lot of you people on this forum are using as wheel protection. The cool thing with the uncool safety reflectors are that they are actually certified for use here in Sweden, which not many reflectors are, actually I have only found 2 or 3 brands that are legally allowed (and all look this ugly, maybe that is a requirement in the certification :). 

I have also put on a light which is a lot brighter than the built-in (1600 lumen). It's a bicycle front light/headlight with a small battery pack that I fastened against the trolley handle. 

And as you may see I have also put on some rubber strips to protect the wheel. I have no illusions that they will keep this wheel looking clean like this forever, but maybe a little longer than otherwise. 

Shell and pads are from Kingsong Europe, bumper foam and new pedals are from Aliexpress. Rubber strips, reflectors and light are from local Swedish hardware stores.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3775 2.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3773 2.jpg

That looks nice!

i like the sandpaper under the pedals!

How did you get rid of the Kingsong logo on the sidepad (before there was bumper protection on it)???

or where you get them?

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

That looks nice!

i like the sandpaper under the pedals!

Thanks mate! :) 

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

How did you get rid of the Kingsong logo on the sidepad (before there was bumper protection on it)???

or where you get them?

I do not know if it is easy to getting rid of that. I just bought them without the logo, they could be found in various web shops. I bought mine here: https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/accessories/25-pad.html#/41-modele-ks_16/15-color-noir

As you can see you can choose between "logo" or "noir".

2 hours ago, flass said:

I do not know if it is easy to getting rid of that. I just bought them without the logo, they could be found in various web shops. I bought mine here: https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/accessories/25-pad.html#/41-modele-ks_16/15-color-noir

As you can see you can choose between "logo" or "noir".

Thanx! I didn't know that you are able to buy them without logo! 

Without this logo, it gives the matt black the appearance it deserves!! Like it a lot!

Archived