IPS Zero won't turn on after crash

Hayaku

Two days ago, I finally 'solved the code' to keep my balance on a airwheel. I'm using a IPS Zero 350 who I bought from a friend that was upgrading he's equippment.
Of course, it was late and I should just take one more ride around in the neightbourhood. A car distracted me and I didn't see some sand and stone in the road where I of course lost control and fell off in around 15 km/h.
I'm fine, but the wheel did take alot of damage. In the beginning, it was biiping alot and all the LED-lights was red, I did turn of the biiping by actually moving the tire around for a bit. But, the LED was still on, both if I tried to turn the wheel off. I looked into the manual and it told me constantly red lights would indicate the battery was empty, the app on my phone did show the same thing.
So I was trying to charge it trough the night, but nope.. The wheel is dead, it won't turn on anymore. BUT the battery or motherboard is warm and it can be warm for a long time after charging the wheel.

I guess it can be either the batteries who is damaged or the motherboard, but I am not certain at all.
Have any of you heard about similar issues before? How to fix? I hear the support on wheels here in Norway is terrible, so I'm abit sceptical to send it in right now and starting to think maybe it will cost more for service than buying a similar wheel.

2017-06-16 00.01.06.jpg

I can't confidently say what it is remotely, but I contacted a couple of individuals at IPS about your case. Since the wheel stays very warm after charging I imagine that should offer them some indication of what may be wrong. Like you said support in Norway is likely limited and I imagine that a board replacement is going to be needed, in which case the factory probably has the best solution. I wish we had a strong dealer network so that we didn't have to burden manufacturers as much as we do, but I also appreciate how much some of these brands have done to help each person and hope that is helps with their long term success.

If you don't get a comment on here and I hear something back I will relay the message.

15 hours ago, Hayaku said:

Two days ago, I finally 'solved the code' to keep my balance on a airwheel. I'm using a IPS Zero 350 who I bought from a friend that was upgrading he's equippment.
Of course, it was late and I should just take one more ride around in the neightbourhood. A car distracted me and I didn't see some sand and stone in the road where I of course lost control and fell off in around 15 km/h.
I'm fine, but the wheel did take alot of damage. In the beginning, it was biiping alot and all the LED-lights was red, I did turn of the biiping by actually moving the tire around for a bit. But, the LED was still on, both if I tried to turn the wheel off. I looked into the manual and it told me constantly red lights would indicate the battery was empty, the app on my phone did show the same thing.
So I was trying to charge it trough the night, but nope.. The wheel is dead, it won't turn on anymore. BUT the battery or motherboard is warm and it can be warm for a long time after charging the wheel.

I guess it can be either the batteries who is damaged or the motherboard, but I am not certain at all.
Have any of you heard about similar issues before? How to fix? I hear the support on wheels here in Norway is terrible, so I'm abit sceptical to send it in right now and starting to think maybe it will cost more for service than buying a similar wheel.

2017-06-16 00.01.06.jpg

This is yueyue from IPS manufacture, please contact with me: yueyue.wang@iamips.com

And I need to know more details, I will give you some advise and help. Thanks.

16 hours ago, 王月月 said:

This is yueyue from IPS manufacture, please contact with me: yueyue.wang@iamips.com

And I need to know more details, I will give you some advise and help. Thanks.

Hi,

I sent you a mail to your adress now.

• 1 year later...

Archived