Need manual and power charging cable

kelleygirl

I just came the owner of a hoverboard  from Smart Balance Wheel,com it's a hand me down. it's the HOVERBOARD WITH BLUETOOTH AND LIGHTS, 6.5 INCH HOVERBOARD ELECTRIC SCOOTER. Since I'm getting this second hand I 1 have no idea how to use it and 2 wasn't given power cable. 

I have emailed the company with no luck of return message. Any ideas how I can get the manual and power charger?

@kelleygirl, I'm afraid that there are so many rebadged hoverboards around that support for any one of them is poor. Hence why you are not too likely to get useful answers from any of the hoverboard users on this forum (who strangely enough appear much less willing to support each other than the EUC users, like myself, who have a wealth of useful information for each other.)

Smartbalancewheel.com appears to be an Indonesian retailer so the wheels are very likely to just be rebadged and it does not look like they are interested in international sales - so not sure how you got one in California or indeed if the one you have has anything to do with that company?

However I think this might well be the manual for it: https://studylib.net/doc/8422418/smart-balance-wheel-scooter-dual-speed--user-manual

In practice, because this is likely to be rebadged it is also likely that it uses a fairly standard Hoverboard charger. You should be able to identify the charging voltage by a notice on the wheel and also the charging socket should be obvious as well. Any hoverboard charger of the right voltage with the right charging plug should be OK. Although I would recommend also checking (or getting an someone experienced in electrics to check) that the positive and negative are on the same pins on any charger you get as on the hoverboard socket.

Before bothering though, did the wheel have any power and work when you got it? If the battery was already flat, and has been left like that for some considerable time ( I.e. at least for some months - a possibility if the charger has been lost) then you may find the battery has been ruined as they do not take being left discharged for long periods.

nothing on wheel base to show voltage however this manual was helpfull but.... there are much more things on it and it's doing it's got different icons on it it's beeping when I step on it not moving it'll move with my hands. Wondering if I should just recycle this guy and start off with my own a new one...

Archived