Turning on the LED lights seems to have killed my V8?

Kael

So I'm not sure what just happened, but I just turned on my wheel, ready for a nice evening ride, connected the app to it and decided to turn on the LED lights for once.. And as soon as I did that, the wheel cut out and won't power on. It had about 82% battery and had been working fine earlier in the day. It's about 22deg C here, so not too warm. Plugging it in to the charger, the light on the charger is red but nothing happens on the wheel.

I've only had it around a month and a half.. I haven't killed it, have I? Is there any kind of hard reset I can do? :(

There is a reset switch next to the charger socket, under the rubber cap. Look for a little hole and insert softly a sharp stick in it a few seconds.

I hope that helps you

27 minutes ago, Demargon said:

There is a reset switch next to the charger socket, under the rubber cap. Look for a little hole and insert softly a sharp stick in it a few seconds.

I hope that helps you

Do you mean this hole, after removing the cap? I tried inserting a screwdriver slowly but it went in all the way to the hilt. Do I need a longer pointy object?

2yl8Cx3.jpg

when i remember correctly...the reset switch was only a "reset" on first batches...later it is nothing more than a hole?

someone can confirm that? or am i wrong?

My bad, I presume that switch must be in the same place of my v5f. Maybe @KingSong69 are right and there is only a hole, sorry about that.

My v5f also stop working one day apparently for nothing. And back to normal after couple of hours. 

Do not insert anything metallic in this hole. This hole is just there for fixing the rubber cap that you apparently removed. No more reset button with the production V8. My V8 once seemed dead. I disconnected the battery for a few seconds and anything came back to order.

On 18/06/2017 at 6:59 PM, Gil said:

Do not insert anything metallic in this hole. This hole is just there for fixing the rubber cap that you apparently removed. No more reset button with the production V8. My V8 once seemed dead. I disconnected the battery for a few seconds and anything came back to order.

So I took your advice and disconnected the battery, which did revive my V8. However, the LED light issue remains, as when I went back to the app to test them, the same thing happened; lights came on, then the wheel died. It's going back today for repairs, but at least I was able to use it in the meantime.

On 18/06/2017 at 6:59 PM, Gil said:

Archived