Brief short quick review on my 3 wheels.

Goodman

A quick run down of what I have so far, my first wheel bought March was a Ninebot One E+ here is Australia with no research at all. Saw someone riding a EUC one day and was very intrigued so I looked up what they were. Saw a few youtube videos so I decide to get myself one without doing any research except on who had them for sale, the only seller who had stock was a Ninebot One dealer. I went and pick one up and only after buying it I knew I paid way over the top. After unboxing the wheel I used 15 minutes inside the house getting a feel for it in my hallway using both hands on the wall for support. 15 minutes later I decided to take it out and with 30 minutes I was able to go around the block felt very happy with myself, but my feet was killing me. Within a week or two the pain almost completely disappeared the body sure adopts to new stress points very quickly. The Ninebot One E+ is a great starter wheel for anyone wanting to learn it can take a lot of heavy drops, scraps mine got punished pretty bad while I was learning how to ride backwards. I don't regret getting it but in hindsight had I had know what I could of gotten for what I paid for it I would never have gotten it. If you are a starter I recommend getting a second hand Ninebot One E+ if you can find one around for cheap learn on it do whatever to it and once you're done sell it off to the next learner.

I bought the Ninebot One E+ as a toy to play with but within 2 weeks I realised it was so much more, but the problem with it was the low speed and limited range. So this time I decided to do some research and stumbled across this forum, it is here I researched my next wheel. I wanted something which was powerful, fast and had a descent range as I had a 16 inch wheel already the choice was limited to KS and Gotway. Reading the Gotway forums I knew there were plenty of QC problems with them, Kingsong would have been a much better wheel for safety but in the end I chose the MSuper V3+ 1300 WH it was a lot more powerful had a higher speed and the integrated handle made it easy. I knew the risk of buying a Gotway right from the start so even if something happens to it or me I have no one to blame cause I chose it fully knowing some of the issues Gotway was having this was right at the time of the melting cables.

One the 4th week of starting my MSuper arrived, it was matte black looked really good but boy was it heavy compared to the Ninebot One E+. The riding style was completely different to the Ninebot One E+, it took a few days to get use to the way it rides. Since having it I have ridden it to work almost everyday that hasn't rained and have completely neglected the poor Ninebot. The MSuper is such a beautiful wheel yes the motor is loud, but it is so comfortable, smooth and stable, I average close to 30kph and she purrs along ever so gently, I choose to ride in the powerful mode and nowadays I leave the other settings to the preset. I don't even hear the first alarm until 32kph. I am sort on the light side which helps being only 65 kilos and with my gear on around 70 kilos max. I have taken the MSuper to over 40+kph a few times even at this speed I haven't heard the final alarm maybe it is because of my weight. The MSuper does this speed so easily, I can see why it would be easy to get hurt badly so I recommend leaving it on the factory settings until you feel more comfortable even than anything over 30+ kph is stupid if you're not wearing full safety gear so please keep that in mind. The good thing about Gotway you can decide what you want, you are free to change the setting however you please actually this could be a bad thing also but hey the choice is yours. 

Six weeks ago I bought myself another wheel this time I wanted a lighter wheel which was faster and had a better range than the Ninebot but was nimble for riding around the crowded city. Wow this wheel was so hard to get, no one was selling it in Australia, I emailed a dealer in Singapore but the postage was almost the price was the wheel, I emailed Jason who was very nice with his prompt reply saying he doesn't ship to Australia due to high postage costs, I even called manufacturer and was told that they won't have a wheel till mid June and if I wanted one I had to pay and wait. After almost giving up I found a ali seller who had it for sale, so I bought one but it took almost 6 weeks to get to me but at least it turned up yesterday.

The new wheel I got was the Inmotion V8 and yes it is the international version as my app works perfectly, my impressions so far after using it for a whole day. First off the wheel is beautiful I think it's the best looking wheel out of the ones I have, the pedal is also the grippiest of the lot. The front light is the brightest out of my 3 wheels, the side panel lighting show is also very bright and is customisable should you be into creating your own. I am 180cm tall and the integrated handle is such a good height unlike the MSuper which is a little on the low side, The button on the handle omg what a brilliant idea why don't all EUC's have this feature, the pedal height is great for a 16 inch wheel almost the same as my MSuper so it won't get too scratched. The negative is after pumping the wheel up to 55 psi the tyre scraps the front plastic every now and then so I had to reduce the tyre pressure to 45 psi in order to stop this, not sure if this is a bad design flaw or just me getting a bad wheel. I give it a few more days and if I find more negatives I will post otherwise that's about it.

Now having had 3 wheel I can say without doubt the Ninebot One E+ is never going to be used by me again, thought I was going to play around with it but now it's time for me to try harder to get rid of it even at a great lose. The V8 is a great wheel for what I bought it for it will serve it's purpose and in the coming weeks I am sure it will grow on me a lot more. Having own the 3 wheels I can say without doubt why I love my Gotway Msuper, the V8 feels fast and scary for some strange reason at the max speed of 30kph where as the MSuper is just cruising along nicely. The V8 is pretty comfortable but in no way can it compare to the MSuper, I read some where people were saying the torque was good in the V8 going up hills not sure if we are talking about the same wheel but my MSuper will eat it up up any hill on any day of the week. I thought the V8 was going to be a fabulous wheel, but it is only a slight upgrade from the Ninebot E + in comparison to the MSuper. The MSuper takes the crown out of the 3 wheels I have, if I had a chance to ride the V8 before I bought it I might have not bought it at all, maybe I would have gotten a smaller 14 inch wheel which is just as fast and a lot more nimble. 

Whats next my sight is set on the monster by the end of this year, just have to sweet talk my wife up a bit more. Now I know why so many people are buying Gotways, they truly are in a class of their own I have tried a friends KS18 he bought recently but it's not to my liking can't compare with my MSuper. Here is hoping Gotway improves on the QC I also would love Gotway wheels to be safer after reading all the terrible incidents, so far I have around 850 kms on my MSuper and it's still feels terrific touch wood I am one of the lucky ones.  As they make more money I am sure the quality will improve, but with any electronics there can always be problems with things going wrong. I bought a Asus GTX 850 graphics card when they first came out a few years back it was expensive and i happen to get a faulty card  and I went to get it exchange I had the same problem. Had to wait a 2 weeks to get another replacement as that whole batch was bad.

This is just a short brief and quick honest review based on my own personal experience, this is so addictive like drugs and it becomes more expensive over time one wheel is never enough.

Fantastic story. Thanks for writing it, and it's nice to hear a good story about Gotway. I just upgraded my original MSuper V3 to the V3s+, which I hope to get tomorrow. I love all my Gotway wheels.

Your last paragraph is so true - it's an addicting pastime.

I think you'll love the Monster when you get it. If you think the MSuper is comfortable to ride just wait until you climb on board the Monster :)

I'm still thinking about getting a V8 just to have a small fast wheel for riding around town, and I like the idea of putting on a little light show for the pedestrians ;)

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic story. Thanks for writing it, and it's nice to hear a good story about Gotway. I just upgraded my original MSuper V3 to the V3s+, which I hope to get tomorrow.

Tomorrow??? Grrrr with jealousy!!!!

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Tomorrow??? Grrrr with jealousy!!!!

Turns out that he's not arriving until sometime Sunday, so I'll probably have to wait for it to be shipped. But we'll have our wheels sometime next week.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Turns out that he's not arriving until sometime Sunday, so I'll probably have to wait for it to be shipped. But we'll have our wheels sometime next week.

Oh, I didn't know he had to parcel them out by hand.  Bummer.

But yeah, if he's there Sunday, we shouldn't have long to wait.  And I guess you could always drive down early, eh?

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Waiting for a new toy is a killer, at least the wait is almost over. 

Archived