Extensive look at the IPS I5 (Chinese language vid)

RichieV

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I do see this as still being a niche since it is so hard to learn.  It isn't like the hoverboard where you can just hop on and learn it in a minute.

Invariably tech channels on youtube and online put EUC's at nearly the bottom of any electric last-mile vehicle comparison. Usually something like a Boosted Board wins.

In my experience skateboards are pretty bad at navigating most irregularities. Bicycles take too long to lock up, are bulky; really anything with two wheels sacrifices form factor.

Although I'm sure someone has researched this, I envision a dual wheel like the Inmotion V3 for lower speeds and storage, but at higher speeds one of the wheels deploys forward in order to catch the inevitable face-plant. You'd get the (mostly) best of both worlds. For me, I'd prefer just one wheel touching the ground in its compact state.

1 minute ago, LanghamP said:

Invariably tech channels on youtube and online put EUC's at nearly the bottom of any electric last-mile vehicle comparison. Usually something like a Boosted Board wins.

In my experience skateboards are pretty bad at navigating most irregularities. Bicycles take too long to lock up, are bulky; really anything with two wheels sacrifices form factor.

Although I'm sure someone has researched this, I envision a dual wheel like the Inmotion V3 for lower speeds and storage, but at higher speeds one of the wheels deploys forward in order to catch the inevitable face-plant. You'd get the (mostly) best of both worlds. For me, I'd prefer just one wheel touching the ground in its compact state.

Don't get me wrong, after I learned how to ride the EUC, I love it.  But in the beginning I had bought one 5 years ago, the Airwheel and got discouraged to learn after the pain in my legs and in the beginning it seems daunting.  I just recently persevered after watching many videos online, EUC Guy, Duff and Ian from Speedy Feet to feel the motivation to take it up and finally learned.  But is is really fun compared to the Segway mini Pro.  I also have an electric bike for over 10 years and an electric goped scooter.  I want to convert my goped Quad trailripper to electric but havent had the time or energy.  I bought all the parts but never followed through.  LOL

Again, I think EUC's will never become mainstream because it is too difficult to learn.  Most people will not want to invest the time or effort into learning it.  But the Chinese video is very interesting since it shows really old people riding it which is amazing to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 6:34 PM, litewave said:

I think the blue and red shell colours on the MSuper V3 are appealing, but it still looks like a PLA-designed truck.

I think it looks good, especially with the colors. The next improvement should be making the shell stronger and more durable.

Archived