Can you snap a pic next to a common object to get a sense of scale; perhaps a banana or a Chihuahua or even a Star Wars action figure of Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi?

• Upvote 3

do you have a backpack it will fit in?

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

The invariable question: what is the pedal size and ground clearance? What's the tyre dimensions?

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 2

@Trey Lewis Please address the power over bumps & cracks, as this is the same 350W nominal as the similar weight 10" Gotway Luffy.

I'm wondering if the i5 experiences any overpower beeps, as the Luffy does (guessing no, on account of the bigger 14" wheel). Thanks!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mono said:

The invariable question: what is the pedal size and ground clearance? What's the tyre dimensions?

I haven't measured the height but due to the upward leaning pedal the clearance looks solid. The tyre is very narrow and small, 14 by 1.50.

• Upvote 3

Cool! The initial thread made this wheel look like vaporware/CAD-stage but it's real and available.

No questions  for now, just give us a lot of photos please... of everything:) (maybe starting with a frontal look including a measure to see the width?)

• Upvote 1

Have you actually ridden it yet? With it being so narrow, I wonder if you find yourself not immediately getting your balance. I experienced this when I tried to ride the "Ring" EUC which the width of it was basically the width of the tire.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Trey Lewis said:

Next to the ACM+, my current daily.

Wow! What a comparison! "The IPS i5's body is a few mm wider than the ACM's tire" is a telling description. Now you can forgive the small battery and low W motor!

• Upvote 2

Assuming you're going to sell the i5 (btw you will sell KS too? Sounded like it...) such a comparison photo (just with a better camera:)) might be really useful for your customers to realize the differences between wheels and how light this one is.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I'm getting the impression KS are a bit picky with who they sell to, while GW sells to everyone. Do you not want to sell KS right now, or would it actually be a little hard to do that?

Anyways, all the best with your store! Not sure if I would have your courage if it's so risky:clap3: Also, it seems you either go full out distributor with good reputation, or fizzle out or it's difficult, sometimes this is what the dealer landscape looks to me. Just saying...:)

Camera comment was just that I noticed the image quality, no real criticism:) "If you were a doctor and see someone in public with a dangerous health problem they may or may not know about, would you say something?" or "If you had a cancer sniffing dog and they would mark someone on the train, would you say something?", I'm clearly on the say something side of these ethical dilemmas.

Keep the pics coming (if you want, instead of, you know, testing the wheel;))

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm getting the impression KS are a bit picky with who they sell to, while GW sells to everyone. Do you not want to sell KS right now, or would it actually be a little hard to do that?

Anyways, all the best with your store! Not sure if I would have your courage if it's so risky. Also, it seems you either go full out distributor with good reputation, or fizzle out, sometimes this is what the dealer landscape looks to me. Just saying...:)

Camera comment was just that I noticed the image quality, no real criticism:) "If you were a doctor and see someone in public with a dangerous health problem they may or may not know about, would you say something?" or "If you had a cancer sniffing dog and they would mark someone on the train, would you say something?", I'm clearly on the say something side of these ethical dilemmas.

The difficulty is the same. I have worked with KS and we actually had all of our initial plans and orders arranged with KS to be a dealer for them, but Gotway had more recent new models that would sway our final decision. Also this project started 2016 and there weren't Gotway dealers at the time in the US, not the case now though. I think next-gen KS, whenever that may be could very well alter our decision on whether we want the brand in store or not. KS was always pleasant to work with and if the demand is there I definitely would enjoy it.

Our reputation is being developed locally at the moment and we hope that being a favorite and offering great service locally will translate to our credibility and reputation online. A few of our purchases have been from the forum and I imagine we can develop a good reputation with the community both local and online. 

i5 first video is processing, so close!

• Upvote 2

Have you ever felt insecure about the size of your wheel? Because I felt this for the first time riding my ACM next to someone on the i5. I am just waiting for some sort of over compensation joke from one of the skate park kids. I can tell it is going to happen.

Someone also asked me "Why would you ride that giant one if you can get around on the small one?". The ACM isn't even that big!

• Upvote 3