V5F+ Calibration issue and no sounds

Icewheel

Recently I had an inner tube puncture repaired and a new Chao Yang 5146 fitted on the wheel. It looks badass and based on the short test riding I've done it's a significant difference from the stock tire.

During the disassembly I pulled out and later inserted the necessary plugs/cables shown in Inmotions disassembly video. I feel pretty certain that I reassembled everything as in the video.

Now, during start up - no sounds. Haven't heard a sound since reassembling. Also, calibration seems off as the pedals initially tilted noticeably forward and the brake lights are constantly on. Are they supposed to be?

I borrowed a phone to finally try the app, as my own phone is too old for the app. :whistling:
Connected to the wheel - The app claims the firmware is the latest and I haven't used the app before so no previous downloads. I adjusted the angle a bit so it's bearable for the moment as I didn't remember what the procedure was for the calibration which might solve things. Also I didn't have enough time for further examination. Now apart from that it seems to be handling OK although the balancing seems slower to adjust than before.

Anybody have any ideas on what has happened?

19142211_10154816607748510_461407665_n.jpg

19142293_10154816606758510_1026113453_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Dunno if this will help, but I had an issue of my own fault where I mounted my previous V5F+ before it could fully level after powering on.

Afterwards, the pedals felt wavy and I also had no sound.

It was all fixed by @Jason McNeil sending me a replacement board, which did the trick.

Did you run the self-diagnosis in the app? It probably won't help, but it also just takes 5 seconds.

There is also a reset to default and a self-adjustment feature, for which the wheel should stand upright on its back fender, IIRC.

11 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Dunno if this will help, but I had an issue of my own fault where I mounted my previous V5F+ before it could fully level after powering on.

Afterwards, the pedals felt wavy and I also had no sound.

It was all fixed by @Jason McNeil sending me a replacement board, which did the trick.

This sounds very similar. I may have done done the same thing, can't remember though. Seems so strange for the sounds to be affected by this. Oh man I hope I don't have to replace the board :(

8 hours ago, Mono said:

Did you run the self-diagnosis in the app? It probably won't help, but it also just takes 5 seconds.

There is also a reset to default and a self-adjustment feature, for which the wheel should stand upright on its back fender, IIRC.

Nope, will try it and the self-adjustment when I get the chance. Thanks!

15 hours ago, Mono said:

WHat's the difference between 'reset to default' and self-adjustment?

By self-adjustment do you mean the pedal angle?

I've tried that car/'lay wheel on its side' thing, whatever that is, but it doesn't seem to work. I shouldn't be tinkering but you got me curious now lol

8 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

WHat's the difference between 'reset to default' and self-adjustment?

By self-adjustment do you mean the pedal angle?

No, I just checked, what I meant is both under "SCV Correction" (at least on the V8), additional to Pedal Horizontal Adjustment. I have no idea what this "Car body turn and forwarding correction" is exactly doing (I assume it resets vertical alignment), but it says it was done successfully when I push the button :) I didn't lay the wheel on the side for this, but let it stand on the fender. 

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 2

On 14/06/2017 at 4:23 PM, Mono said:

No, I just checked, what I meant is both under "SCV Correction" (at least on the V8), additional to Pedal Horizontal Adjustment. I have no idea what this "Car body turn and forwarding correction" is exactly doing (I assume it resets vertical alignment), but it says it was done successfully when I push the button :) I didn't lay the wheel on the side for this, but let it stand on the fender. 

Do you hold down the handle-trigger as you do it in the app, or do you just rest the wheel untouched on it's back/fender and then initiate it? Will give it a go when I get back home......will try to find a nice flat surface.

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

just rest the wheel untouched on it's back/fender and then initiate it

that's how I did it, I think I read it in this forum, but I don't think I will find the post

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2017 at 1:25 AM, Mono said:

that's how I did it, I think I read it in this forum, but I don't think I will find the post

Hey Mono i just attempted this but the wheel wont stay on in this position. Am i being really stupid and missing something here?

On 2017-6-25 at 8:46 PM, Paddylaz said:

Hey Mono i just attempted this but the wheel wont stay on in this position. Am i being really stupid and missing something here?

Using the kill switch to place the wheel on the fender while it is turned on? I can't turn on the wheel while placed on the fender, but it stays on for some time if placed using the kill switch. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2017 at 12:42 PM, Icewheel said:

Recently I had an inner tube puncture repaired and a new Chao Yang 5146 fitted on the wheel. It looks badass and based on the short test riding I've done it's a significant difference from the stock tire.

During the disassembly I pulled out and later inserted the necessary plugs/cables shown in Inmotions disassembly video. I feel pretty certain that I reassembled everything as in the video.

Now, during start up - no sounds. Haven't heard a sound since reassembling. Also, calibration seems off as the pedals initially tilted noticeably forward and the brake lights are constantly on. Are they supposed to be?

I borrowed a phone to finally try the app, as my own phone is too old for the app. :whistling:
Connected to the wheel - The app claims the firmware is the latest and I haven't used the app before so no previous downloads. I adjusted the angle a bit so it's bearable for the moment as I didn't remember what the procedure was for the calibration which might solve things. Also I didn't have enough time for further examination. Now apart from that it seems to be handling OK although the balancing seems slower to adjust than before.

Anybody have any ideas on what has happened?

19142211_10154816607748510_461407665_n.jpg

19142293_10154816606758510_1026113453_n.jpg

Hello Icewheel

I think I have the same problem you had 2 years ago.

Today I had my inner tube repaired. I did the procedure shown in the inmotion video on you tube, and assembled everything succesfully.

But after that...no sound...and I kinda feel the V5f tilts forward.

I wanted to know...did you find a solution?

Also, did you find what was the exact problem?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

@Sergio Roque

Hey sorry for the late answer. I've continued to ride the wheel with no real problems apart from the missing sound. I have adjusted the pedal angle in the app since then and that part seems fine.

I've not done any problem shooting so although it could a bigger problem than just the sound I've just taken my chances and ignored it. As my guess is that the motherboard would need to be replaced, I've decided to ride this wheel without any major repairs as it looks now.

• 3 months later...